Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All Costs Recouped After 320k Units Sold for Early Access - Conan Exiles - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageAll Costs Recouped After 320k Units Sold for Early Access - Conan Exiles - MMORPG.com

Conan Exiles News - Funcom has announced to its investors that all development costs for Conan Exiles have been recouped thanks to the net sale of over 320,000 units of the game, now in Early Access on Steam. This will ensure that developers will be able to continue adding technical support and new content to the game during its Early Access.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• CaidenCaiden Member UncommonPosts: 38
    This is awesome!
    Well done, Funcom!
    I hope it continues to grow successfully.

• DaranarDaranar Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Always good to hear in this day in age of MMOs. I'm not one of those 320,000.....yet. Looks fun.

If I want a world in which people can purchase success and power with cash, I'll play Real Life. Keep Virtual Worlds Virtual!

• CrusadecrusherCrusadecrusher Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Good news I'm having fun just exploring in my own little server with some friends and our own rule sets. 
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,049
    Good job Funcom.
    Chamber of Chains
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Caiden said:
    This is awesome!
    Well done, Funcom!
    I hope it continues to grow successfully.
    Its about time, i just hope they don't fumble this one :o
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892
    I'm really happy about that as I'm enjoying it. Of course I was given a copy so I'll make an effort to buy an expansion or whatever they offer.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Pretty impressive numbers for the first week of release.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Gratz!  Well Deserved Funcom.

About time we see some good news.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Great for Funcom. They tend to have some really creative game ideas that just don't get as much success as they could because they make mistakes in development, so unfortunately they've been on the brink of closing in the recent past. Hopefully the success of Conan Exiles can get them back on track financially.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,049
    edited February 2017
    I am so happy for Funcom because they are very good with ideas. Anarchy Online was a good game that was very buggy and I loved it for the classes and the world. I also loved Age of Conan. Funcom has been plagued by their own fault with bad releases but their games are not bad. The secret World was a very good concept and well done except for the boring combat.
    Chamber of Chains
  • Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 627
    edited February 2017
    Bravo! Bought early access on day 1, was waiting for my new PC before I jump in as anything less than Ultra graphic settings for me would gnaw at me :-)
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Wow....... just wow. I don't think I would have predicated that result, but it's awesome. Pairs of Soiled Pants? 0

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    It was a time of high adventure....

FunCom really seemed to have nailed it this time. Sure there's some of the usual wonkiness of early access, but from everything I have read and watched, it's a solid game. The amount of depth into the world itself is really impressive from some of the youtubers I've been watching.

I won't pick it up until things are a bit more polished, but it's a game I will definitely buy.

FunCom has never had a lack of ideas. Glad to see their vision is finally paying off.
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Bring over 200 per server and you can count me in those 320k or more. Until you do I'll be on the sideline.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,373
    edited February 2017
    Great news, now if they actually continue to improve the game to "release" quality I might actually purchase it.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KruzilKruzil Member UncommonPosts: 95
    I was excited for this game before it was released and this is the first time I have ever been fully satisfied with an Early Access title.

I'm not saying its perfect by any means, it has bugs and lots of them, but the foundation is STRONG with this title; I could easily see this becoming a living-breathing project so long as Funcom sticks with it. I'll admit I built my own dedicated server box just for this game and its paid off nicely. The community in this game is fantastic, now that I think about it, it sort of reminds me of the vanilla days with Dark Age of Camelot.

If you aren't playing this game you are seriously missing out. I highly recommend it.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I'm loving the game so far, its got so much potential.

Don't fuck it up Funcom. You've got a real winner on your hands, it's your ball to drop.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    wait what? this is a mmo now?

wait what? this is a mmo now?

No.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,373
    Dalmar said:
    I was excited for this game before it was released and this is the first time I have ever been fully satisfied with an Early Access title.

I'm not saying its perfect by any means, it has bugs and lots of them, but the foundation is STRONG with this title; I could easily see this becoming a living-breathing project so long as Funcom sticks with it. I'll admit I built my own dedicated server box just for this game and its paid off nicely. The community in this game is fantastic, now that I think about it, it sort of reminds me of the vanilla days with Dark Age of Camelot.

If you aren't playing this game you are seriously missing out. I highly recommend it.
    If you aren't playing the recently launched "vanilla" version of DAOC it is you who is really missing out. ;)

Me, I'll wait for this title to gel a bit more before joining.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• goozmaniagoozmania Member RarePosts: 394
    How much of these sales were thanks to the long donger advertising?
  • epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    That's good news. I still see a lot of bitching and complaining on Steam because apparently at least half of these 320k people STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT EARLY ACCESS MEANS. It's 2017 and they're expecting polished alphas.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892

epoq said:

That's good news. I still see a lot of bitching and complaining on Steam because apparently at least half of these 320k people STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT EARLY ACCESS MEANS. It's 2017 and they're expecting polished alphas.

Sometimes people are amazing. In the worst way.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Kyleran said:
    Dalmar said:

If you aren't playing the recently launched "vanilla" version of DAOC it is you who is really missing out. ;)

Me, I'll wait for this title to gel a bit more before joining.

Is that the Uthgard one?
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited February 2017
    That's some pretty cheap production costs if their profit on 320K Steam units covers it + the advertising.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED