Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online - Bring On Morrowind – A New Chapter This June - MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• PurplePoloPlayerPurplePoloPlayer Member UncommonPosts: 145
    So I thought I would try ESO again since I haven't played it since launch.

Tried to install the client and ran in to a JAVA error with the firewall.
    Installed Java. No good.
    Disabled the Firewall. Patcher won't initiate.
    Spent time on Google and the ZOS forums looking for an answer.
    Remembered all the frustrations I had with Zenimax at game launch.

Moving on.

As a former DAOC fan I was hoping to check out Cyradill and the new expansion. Oh well.
    Check out my stream at www.twitch.tv/purplepoloplayer!
  • cloudacvcloudacv Member UncommonPosts: 210
    elder scrolls 3 still has better combat
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    My guess is a zone the size of Cyrodil, but with content that is less spread out, similar to PvE zones with quests similar to Wrothgar, which take you all around the island to make it seem less on-rails. Also I expect dolmens (or their equivalent), world bosses, and delves scattered throughout the new zone.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    edited February 2017

Hyped. I just came back to ESO and while it's so sickeningly casual I love playing it nevertheless. I have faith they recaptured some of Morrowind spirit since it was an amazing RPG. Minus the combat, the graphics and the sometimes annoying factions.

And cliff racers.

And that guy who says:

"Ahh yes, we've been expecting you. You'll have to be recorded before you're officially released. There are a few ways we can do this, and the choice is yours."

sadly they wont be able to recap the difficulty that most loved but lets hope some of the locations. aaand the cliff racers...enjoy your ptsd brothers and sisters! also @NobleNerd i have been on eso for the past 3 months, we had ONE WEEK with high ping spikes other then that its been smooth. as for cheaters i have not seen any even in pvp. bots, well yes but you find them even in ffxiv. So i do not know what to tell you. might be on your end or simply the distance from the server is too much. like if i was to play on a CN server from here i would get 3-500 ping.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Looks like Matt aswered some of my questions here:

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2017/02/01/welcome-to-2017

We're going to get a new Chapter every year in the second quarter, and 3 other DLC in the other quarters.
    I came back to this game as update 12 turned it into an explorers dream game. Since then the good news train literally hasn't stopped.
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718
    They should atleast have 1 Oceanic server with their fb 500 million winning.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    ESO already has XP scrolls? Going down the cash shop route, only somewhat slower than what we have seen in other AAA MMOS.
  • chelvaricchelvaric Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Scot said:
    ESO already has XP scrolls? Going down the cash shop route, only somewhat slower than what we have seen in other AAA MMOS.
    how are xp srols p2w in a content lvl scaling game
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    chelvaric said:
    Scot said:
    We constantly push back the boundaries, and it is always in the favour of cash shops. P2W is not just about PvP, its about PvE as well. Especially since your level in PvE effect what you can do in PvP, but even if it did not this is a form on P2W.

ESO is still a good game as far as I know for minimal P2W, but clearly it is starting to creep in, and as we have seen a thousand times before its only going to keep going one way.
  • TENTINGTENTING Member UncommonPosts: 262
    edited February 2017
    Scot said:
    chelvaric said:
    Scot said:
    We constantly push back the boundaries, and it is always in the favour of cash shops. P2W is not just about PvP, its about PvE as well. Especially since your level in PvE effect what you can do in PvP, but even if it did not this is a form on P2W.

ESO is still a good game as far as I know for minimal P2W, but clearly it is starting to creep in, and as we have seen a thousand times before its only going to keep going one way.

I am not to be a judge of how people should take on the game.

But seeing the endgame gameplay is very limited, which is great imo, I cant help but wonder if people picked the wrong game, if they want to rush to max lvl.

ESO is imo not about reaching maxlvl, the very design of the game puts a great emphasis on the journey.

I occasionally see people entering the game, who just try to rush to max lvl and I really do wonder, if they think they are entering another version of WoW.

But be that as it may, these people seem to vanish from the game quite fast, once they have done their first couple of pledges already a week into the game.

If people want longterm endgame, instead of a journey, they pick the wrong game. Imo anyway.

• Micro_CutsMicro_Cuts Member UncommonPosts: 38
    i don't understand why people are so hyped for this.

this expansions has nothing special! a new zone, new class and battleground (something most MMOs have from the beginning!)

thats it. still the same boring races and quest design

• chelvaricchelvaric Member UncommonPosts: 47

this expansions has nothing special! a new zone, new class and battleground (something most MMOs have from the beginning!)

the races have been the same since the first elder scrols so i don't think they can change that much
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    edited February 2017

I'll assume you never played Morrowind or missed that pinnacle moment in gaming history when Morrowind turned the industry on its butt and introduced to us the freedom of an open world,  and in that moment effectively giving birth to open world titles.
    This is why you might not be excited, Morrowind is one of the greatest moments in gaming history, a moment which will remain in our memories forever, this is a large reason why we are pumped about returning to Vvardenfell.
    "The same", yes it's ES.

My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    That Morrowind crown is heavy, I hope it's a good expansion because it'll have a lot to live up to.
  • LucienSatanClausLucienSatanClaus Member UncommonPosts: 1

Hariken said:

I was hyped but now not so much because word is it also come with a gear cap increase. The last thing i want to do in this game is grind for more gear after i finally got my character geared the way i wanted him and it took a long time to do it.

There will be no gear cap increase .. confirmed by Gina in the ESO forums.
  • Sassy_Gay_UnicornSassy_Gay_Unicorn Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Best casual MMO on the market imo. For us lone wolves it offers a great jump-in, jump-out, under an hour gaming session. They continue to make some really great QoL additions, though their marketing dept. is starting to go a little off the rails with the pricing.

Still, no P2W, everything being sold is PvC or cosmetic, so I can overlook it though I grumble sometimes.
  • jbombardjbombard Member UncommonPosts: 598
    I love the game, and don't mind the price. What I don't particularly care for in this game is how they charge for the DLC and then double dip with the store. I don't mind many of the items in the store, but things like intentionally crippling costumes so you can't dye them and then making a pay only system where the items are one use consumables seems a bit over the top. Also store pricing in general seems a bit too high. DLC pricing seems just about right but a mount or costume being the same price as DLC seems somewhat ridiculous. I think they would see more people using the store if prices were more reasonable. Still it's a great game and I will likely get the DLC as the problems I have are with the store in general and not with the DLC.
  • MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    jbombard said:
    I love the game, and don't mind the price. What I don't particularly care for in this game is how they charge for the DLC and then double dip with the store. I don't mind many of the items in the store, but things like intentionally crippling costumes so you can't dye them and then making a pay only system where the items are one use consumables seems a bit over the top. Also store pricing in general seems a bit too high. DLC pricing seems just about right but a mount or costume being the same price as DLC seems somewhat ridiculous. I think they would see more people using the store if prices were more reasonable. Still it's a great game and I will likely get the DLC as the problems I have are with the store in general and not with the DLC.
    well if you look at it from a company standpoint and not a consumer you would see why they do it. You only need to buy the DLC once so they could get 3-5 million fro mthe dlc but then once everyone owns it they lose the revenue. So with the crown store they can continue to create revenue and thus have the money to continue development. i mean games like FFXIV and WoW are doing it (each expansion cost money and they have cash shops.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• redfrickredfrick Member UncommonPosts: 42
    This game has really come a long way since Beta. Hopefully people give it another chance.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Console "relaunch" in summer 2015.
    Gold Edition - base game + 4 DLCs - in summer 2016.
    Morrowind + base edition in summer 2017.
    xxxx + base game in summer 2018.

So will xxxx be a return to Oblivion or a return to Skyrim? Could be something totally different but ... no.

• DemrocksDemrocks Member UncommonPosts: 136
    ESO came a very long way.

It was harsly received and with good reasons but damn this mmo is alot of fun to play right now.

After Archeage and BDO flops and all that asian crap with lame cashshops i think ESO stand lonaly at the top rigth next to WoW.
  • ZardayneZardayne Member UncommonPosts: 66
    The warden will be the only reason I'm coming back. This was the class I had dreamed they had at pc launch. I always felt I had to settle playing the others. None really clicked and even though I played for 2 years I was never truly happy. There were other things that irritated me about ESO but the class choices was a big one..See you all in June.