Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

POLL: Will you play Conan Exiles?

Comments

• frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    Green Man sent me a 20% off voucher so that tipped me. I also like Hyboria and anything that helps Funcom and The Secret World stick around. Still looks a little janky, but I have definitely spent more on worse.

Downloading now.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    I might play alone on a server I certainly don't fancy playing with jerks who will destroy all my hard work and I believe there are people who just live to do exactly that you know  schadenfreude types are all over this like they were on Ark.

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    edited February 2017
    frostymug said:
    Green Man sent me a 20% off voucher so that tipped me. I also like Hyboria and anything that helps Funcom and The Secret World stick around. Still looks a little janky, but I have definitely spent more on worse.

Downloading now.
    Thnx man gonna buy it now LOL!!

For those interested, Conan Exiles (PC) is $23.99 after using voucher code DZE677-TYXLWK-QTSP0P at checkout at https://www.greenmangaming.com/ga...an-exiles/

The game is one of the top streamed on Twitch currently. Beware, it is an Early Access game.

If voucher coupon code does not work, use this instead: 2DC8GY-W3U3J4-5348ZA

Im from EU.

• strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630
    I would if I was not out if town piggybacking on a shitty WiFi connection. It would take me a week to download it lol.
  • jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    Not a huge fan of these small server survival games and then you have to take into account it's Funcom, and let's face it, their track record for bug free, polished games is pretty poor.

Early Access is just a ripoff anyway. I remember when devs would ask players to play Beta games for free, now you have to buy a full priced game that's half finished.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    I bought the game on release day and still haven't even tried it. lol I think i might let this one marinate in my steam collection for awhile and revisit ie try for the first time maybe 6 months - year from now. This strikes me as one of those games that will take quite some time before its in a really playable enjoyable state.
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Possibly but it sounds like they need to clean up some issues before I decide to jump in.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    NO these survival games are boring to me. 
  • Tuor7Tuor7 Member RarePosts: 982
    No.

As someone who played the beta of the original game: fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    AAA, Early Access.    Nothing has gone wrong, and it's not gonna get worse (sarcasm: I don't think AAA capable companies should be in EA, and firmly believe Funcom will find a way to alienate their player base with it somehow).

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    No, It's just another ARK clone with a different skin and on top of that - where does a developer of AAA games get off using early access, that's some bullsh!t. Same goes for Daybreak Games, they're a bunch of schemers. Next we'll have EA using EA.
  • ThexReporterThexReporter Member UncommonPosts: 124
    I'll wait till it goes free to play
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    I bought it and I was not impressed.  Their hosting design is not very good.  Your only choice is to play on a friends hosted game as you never know when the other servers will be up.  The game area is tiny.  Just typical Funcom, another half baked game.
  • JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883
    edited February 2017
    No, It's just another ARK clone with a different skin and on top of that - where does a developer of AAA games get off using early access, that's some bullsh!t. Same goes for Daybreak Games, they're a bunch of schemers. Next we'll have EA using EA.
    Definitely a lot more smooth than ARK which is nice. There's the occasional nightcrawler moments. But it's a lot more clean than ARK. ARK just feels sloppy af. Great concept but definitely needs better polish.
    Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV
  • RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516
    no i dont buy fake hype for crapy game

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    When it is more polished I guess.
    Chamber of Chains
  • deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    I've noticed there will be PvE servers in Conan Exiles. I understand the interest of pure PvP crowd, but what does a PvE player get out of CE? You can't kill other players, you can't break their structures. What else there's left to do?

I'd love to like this game, i really do, but i still can't see a game in this title other than a tribe vs. tribe kind of PvP.
  • doodeskaderdoodeskader Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Im playing it now and its not bad at all. The combat is  to simple but the crafting is cool.Making your own building is very very cool.I give it a 7.5  out of 10. I give wow a 4.0  so  you see how much i like Conan -).
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    yes,has played all FC mmo's,they are main favorites as MP games makers

• GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    It's Funcom so no way.

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    I kind of allready have Ark .. lol

And anyway. Its Funcom - so you need to wait at least 1 year after realease to have playable game

• GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446
    I don't see anything new that this is bringing.  Ark is the exact same game, IMO.  If I'm wrong please feel free to enlighten me.
  • nerovergilnerovergil Member UncommonPosts: 680
    I hate the barbaric theme.

I more on medieval, civilization player, i would love to see civilization there, like the elder scroll oblivion. i want to see town, tavern, not just building everything in a no mans land
  • docbonesdocbones Member UncommonPosts: 1
    No, naked dongs are not my thing.
  • VelifaxVelifax Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Got my fill of that with Ark. Not bad at all but i can't afford a computer that will run it above 30 fps at any respectable level and I'm a bit of a graphics whore.

The survival gameplay (of Ark) is rather good though.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file