Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pantheon: THE MOST WANTED MMO OF 2017, did you or want to pledge now?

NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
Did you pledge after they won? Do you want to but waiting for some reason? Why did you pledge? Why do you not want to pledge? 

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I never pledge. If it turns out well when it's ready to launch I'll look at it then.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516
    no why i would pledge ?? if the game releases... after try it... i will maybe... buy it
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Iselin said:
    I never pledge. If it turns out well when it's ready to launch I'll look at it then.
    Same. I don't pay for ideas or promises.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited February 2017
    I don't invest on promises. Much less if that promise runs on a server which i have no control over. If it shuts down or fails, i lose my money. No Thanks.

All i can say is, good luck to them. I hope it is successful and profitable.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Wife and I both bought a Keepers pledge each tonight. I have been on the fence for a while now. I think this game has the support now to get the job done. 
  • BeyornBeyorn Member UncommonPosts: 366
    Brad is going to have to produce something before I throw money at him again.
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    When there is a game, I might buy. Until then, it is all hype, shill video clips of not the final game, and BS. So, no... my wallet will be staying closed.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Iselin said:
    Same here, I'll pick something up in EA if I know I'd buy it at some point anyway...but that's the closest I'll go to supporting these types of games. 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    It took me a while before I pledged to Pantheon. Even if they came with some good ideas, I wasn't sold on the kickstarter. Once they posted the first big update when they gave us important info during a roundtable, and showed great progress in the video department, I gained confidence in the game.

The way I see it, Pantheon is probably the last chance at the type of MMORPG with emphasis on the virtual world, RPG and immersion side of the equation. If my pledge helps make that a reality, it's well worth the risk.

• acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    Basically waiting on a lot more of the details to ironed out, as while I'm reasonably sure it's actually a game, and I am interested (pending a number of design descisions), I would not play Pantheon in it's current state.
  • MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    Nanfoodle said:
    Did you pledge after they won? Do you want to but waiting for some reason? Why did you pledge? Why do you not want to pledge? 
    Never again. For any game. It's not worth it. They are just getting people to pay for what the companies used to pay people for... alpha and beta testing for them so the companies can pocket more cash. 
  • MawneeMawnee Member UncommonPosts: 245
    I pledged for the failed kickstarter, so I never paid. I haven't repledged yet, but I actually won an alpha spot from a FB contest they did. So I will get to check it out before I commit again :) 
  • JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009
    That hype meter is based on a few hundred votes and is very easily influenced by niche brigading.

Conan Exiles has been the top game on steam and one of the top on twitch for almost a week. By any metric other than mmorpg.com it is crushing Pantheon in every way.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Jacobin said:
    That hype meter is based on a few hundred votes and is very easily influenced by niche brigading.

Conan Exiles has been the top game on steam and one of the top on twitch for almost a week. By any metric other than mmorpg.com it is crushing Pantheon in every way.
    Did you really compare a title in early access launch with a game still mostly a hope and a prayer?

Conan Exiles is the flavor of the week, till the next one comes along.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AmsaiAmsai Member UncommonPosts: 299
    Yep pledged early on and doubled down later. The more time goes by and the more progress is shown and the more it confirms my original decision. As an XI vet I agree with Drivendawn. But its not just XI vets but plenty of other displaced MMO players are looking for a new home with that oldschool design. Like Vanguard players or DAoC, etc. Many of these games either no longer exist or no longer exist in their original form. Not to mention just being dated and aged. So I'm very excited and cant wait to play it.

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    No, I'm a gamer not an investor or a gambler. If someone releases a good game I'm happy to buy it but I won't fund development of a project that has no guarentee of ever being completed.

If someone wants my money for a game it has to be a fully finished product.
  • RelampagoRelampago Member UncommonPosts: 445
    $50 is too steep for a pledge.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Distopia said:
    Iselin said:
    Same here, I'll pick something up in EA if I know I'd buy it at some point anyway...but that's the closest I'll go to supporting these types of games. 
       Ya this is my first time pledging any game. For me I jumped in for two reasons. 1. There are no MMOs coming out anywhere I see in development I want to play. 2. Looks like there is a good chance Pantheon will get made with the backing its getting, so it feels like only a small risk. 

Also hoping to give feedback on the official forums to help shape the game. Even if it's on a small level. 

• Scott23Scott23 Member UncommonPosts: 293
    I pledged the failed Kickstarter, but I was pretty confident that they would not meet their goal.  I did want to let them know that I was interested, though :)  I have not pledged yet because my pledge is the kiss of death.  No games that I have pledged have released in a playable condition LOL
  • ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Yeah they half assed the kickstarter and deservedly fell short as a result. Everyone is peddling their hopes and dreams on there, all with less jaded pasts than Brad. This is the bed they made, they'll just have to lay in it for now.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    THE MOST WANTED MMO OF 2017...To be released in 2028.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Nope. He said he didn't want solo players playing his game. And while I group 75-80% of the time in an MMO (even WoW I group most of the time), I do NOT support FORCED activity. The only people who like forced grouping are anti-social people who can't properly socialize unless they were forced to, which makes it NOT a social experience when its FORCED.

So he pretty much said for a huge portion of the playerbase he didn't want their money. No wonder their kickstarter failed.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• AmsaiAmsai Member UncommonPosts: 299
    Nope. He said he didn't want solo players playing his game. And while I group 75-80% of the time in an MMO (even WoW I group most of the time), I do NOT support FORCED activity. The only people who like forced grouping are anti-social people who can't properly socialize unless they were forced to, which makes it NOT a social experience when its FORCED.

So he pretty much said for a huge portion of the playerbase he didn't want their money. No wonder their kickstarter failed.

Where did he say that? Ive only ever read that grouping is the focus, and that Raiding and Soloing wont be the focus but will exist.

If they did another kickstarter, I'm pretty sure it would fund. They actually have a game to show this time.

• NeanderthalNeanderthal Member RarePosts: 1,861
    Jacobin said:

Yes, and even more so when the game in question is the darling of the ultra no-life crowd.  The type of people who spend nearly every waking moment online.  Not just playing games but also posting on forums and creating multiple accounts to cast votes with on a site like this.

The fact that Pantheon won is meaningless.

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    I pledged after the Kickstarter failed and their website store went live honoring the original KS packages. It's looking to be the best gaming investment I've made. 
    --------------------------------------------