Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why I don't play ESO? and why don't you?

Comments

• TheodwulfTheodwulf Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Just didn't like it, but I also didn't like oblivion, just not my cup of tea
  • yonpachiyonpachi Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Distopia said:
    yonpachi said:
    jircris said:
    Torval said:
    Because my damn computer keeps rebooting almost every time I zone or port. Otherwise I would play the hell out of it because it's one of the best mmos out right now.
    lol i know that pain, had to upgrade my computer :P 

yonpachi said:
    Crown Crates
    crown crates? RNG boxes that EVERY mmo and RPG has even FPS games?
    personally i do not mind the crates because well they do not effect ANYONE but those who buy them. And if you do buy them then you take the risk of not getting anything good.

I still play ESO but i have had a few things that annoy me, such as constant nerfs, lag, crap customer service. AND lastly crafting sets being obsolete compared to monster sets.
    At least in Overwatch I could just play and get my RNG boxes. At least once in a week in Overwatch I could get free 3 RNG Boxes from Arcade mode. At least in Overwatch the RNG boxes has Pity Timer that is in favour of the customers. At least RNG Boxes in FPSes are purely cosmetics. 

RNG Boxes has no place in MMORPG. Especially ESO. You might be able to ignore it, but I cannot. It is my principle. I do not support this kind of monetization and have no intention to pretend to be blind.
    Wait I thought ESO RNG was all cosmetic as well?
    You sure? I suggest you recheck the Crown Crates page, and see that their Crown Crate wasn't all just cosmetics. 
  • SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520
    Albatroes said:
    no Auction House. No amount of pros for the current system of selling will convince me that its better than a global system. Its garbage, sry.
    What makes you compelled towards a global system as opposed to a regional system of trade/selling? I ask this as a matter of interest, not to be contrary.
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    I personally dont like the action combat.  My wrist hurt after playing.  I love everything about the game but the action combat.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    I've tried to play ESO many times. Actually, I don't think there is a game that I've tried to like as many times as ESO, but I always end up bored and quitting after a week.

same here , something is missing , dunno what its ...i think the questing , gameplay is kinda "meh" , i tried a lot of times to enjoy it and had no luck :(
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    yonpachi said:
    Distopia said:
    yonpachi said:
    jircris said:
    Torval said:
    Because my damn computer keeps rebooting almost every time I zone or port. Otherwise I would play the hell out of it because it's one of the best mmos out right now.

yonpachi said:
    Crown Crates
    personally i do not mind the crates because well they do not effect ANYONE but those who buy them. And if you do buy them then you take the risk of not getting anything good.

I still play ESO but i have had a few things that annoy me, such as constant nerfs, lag, crap customer service. AND lastly crafting sets being obsolete compared to monster sets.
    At least in Overwatch I could just play and get my RNG boxes. At least once in a week in Overwatch I could get free 3 RNG Boxes from Arcade mode. At least in Overwatch the RNG boxes has Pity Timer that is in favour of the customers. At least RNG Boxes in FPSes are purely cosmetics. 

RNG Boxes has no place in MMORPG. Especially ESO. You might be able to ignore it, but I cannot. It is my principle. I do not support this kind of monetization and have no intention to pretend to be blind.
    You sure? I suggest you recheck the Crown Crates page, and see that their Crown Crate wasn't all just cosmetics. 
    I asked the question because I don't have ESO installed. I haven't played since before they added the crates, just seen many say it was cosmetic in nature. What do they have in them that crosses that line?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Distopia said:
    yonpachi said:
    Distopia said:
    yonpachi said:
    jircris said:
    Torval said:

yonpachi said:
    Crown Crates

I asked the question because I don't have ESO installed. I haven't played since before they added the crates, just seen many say it was cosmetic in nature. What do they have in them that crosses that line?
    Just some accelerated XP scrolls and a few potions. Otherwise, 100% cosmetic.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    ESO is probably my favorite game right  now, but I started to take breaks from it because I am not satisfied with the pvp. Specifically, I don't like the affect proc sets and unkillable tanks have on the game. It's just not fun and seems to have been implemented either without caring about pvp or simply incompetently. If pvp ever gets more care and thoughtful implementation, I will play a lot more.

For now, I play GW2 for mmorpg-pvp (also play BF1 and OW) and come back to ESO once in a while when I want to see Tamriel.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    edited February 2017
    I don't enjoy the combat very much, especially compared to newer games like Black Desert.  It sits in that really crappy mediocre spot where it's not as complicated as tab target combat but it's not as enjoyable as more action oriented games.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    bc i am not into those 8 skills games.
    i have a keyboard with plenty of keys, and i wanna use em.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    edited February 2017
    First off NOT a Skyrim, Elder Scrolls, whatever other games are in the series player.  I tried ESO in the open beta and liked it well enough but didn't love it.  I was waiting to see if friend were going to jump in but they never really did so I passed on it.  Nowadays I keep giving it serious consideration every time I see it on sale but haven't jumped in yet.

• kartoolkartool Member UncommonPosts: 520
    It's a well made story-based MMO, the combat isn't terrible and sometimes it's a fun game to pick up for a few weeks and run through some of it. I don't care about crown crates and will never understand why people complain about things like that. 
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    1) Never really liked Oblivion or Skyrim a whole lot - so the lore is zero draw
    2) I haven't seen a single thing to make me think it's any better than other MMOs
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited February 2017
    Albatroes said:
    no Auction House. No amount of pros for the current system of selling will convince me that its better than a global system. Its garbage, sry.
    What makes you compelled towards a global system as opposed to a regional system of trade/selling? I ask this as a matter of interest, not to be contrary.
    It isn't a matter of pros for the current system its the fact that a "single" AH "would not work". More correctly it would have and create so much lag it would probably make the game unplayable.

So what you have are guild traders. Each guild can have 3k (edit meant to say 500 so a 6 tradar cluster is 3k) players. Who play across Tamriel and post items from any bank. And its not unusual to have 5 or 6 traders in a cluster - all near a portal so very easy to get to. Which means searching on what - in times past - would have been a full servers worth of people isn't that hard.  

Would a single AH would be "better" - easier for sure and imo "better". It is what it is though because ESO uses megaservers. So a single AH would have to cope with multi-million listings. Imagine if WoW had 1 server across all US servers and 1 server for all EU servers - that's right 1 server. That would be the equivalent of a "single" ESO AH. The complaints about WoW's AH lag are bad enough as it is.
    Post edited by gervaise1 on
  • acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    Kefo said:
    Torval said:
    jircris said:
    Torval said:
    It happens in several games, not just ESO. It's a fairly new computer with a very troublesome intermittent hardware problem that I can't nail down. I could probably do it if I had a bunch of swap parts to test with, but I don't so I live with it until it dies (as soon as possible please :p).

Have you tried the power supply? My computer would randomly freeze while playing some newer games until I swapped in a new PS(old one was like 10 years old lol). Haven's had an issue since.
    Had a similar problem in a new computer I brought years ago... the main harddrive would die every time the CD-ROM (yes, that old) and secondary harddrive fired up at the same time :/ Ever since I've made sure to get a good quality power supply.

On topic, yeah, Crown Crates, they weren't needed and I refuse to support a game that has such... especially one that is pay up front, pay for content, pay for cosmetics and has an optional sub.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Iselin said:
    Distopia said:
    yonpachi said:
    Distopia said:
    yonpachi said:
    jircris said:
    Torval said:

yonpachi said:
    Crown Crates

Just some accelerated XP scrolls and a few potions. Otherwise, 100% cosmetic.
    Agree. Not saying I like it but as it stands the non-cosmetic items are minor. The big factors being a) how long it takes to hit cap - months! b) the game is very alt friendly since an alt gets the cp rating of the main (making a level 1 (potentially much) more powerful). 

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    gervaise1 said:
    the game is very alt friendly since an alt gets the cp rating of the main (making a level 1 (potentially much) more powerful). 
    Not to mention that if you level an alt he goes straight from level 49 to CP561 or whatever your max CP happens to be. Back in the old VR days each alt after 50 had to be leveled individually up to VR16 and that was quite the grind. The game is extremely alt-friendly now.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• QuarterStackQuarterStack Member RarePosts: 546
    edited February 2017
    Thane said:
    bc i am not into those 8 skills games.
    i have a keyboard with plenty of keys, and i wanna use em.
    Actually... ESO is a 12 skill game.

5 actions+Ultimate per weapon hot bar.

I prefer having fewer slots to work with, makes putting together skill build-outs a lot more interesting, and each choice carries a lot more weight.

But I know some prefer having a lot of skills available to them at any given time.

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    I have to admit, I didn't like ESO when it was open beta, so I didn't Day 1 purchase this one. I didn't buy it until I caught it on sale last year, and played for a couple of weeks to give it a fair shake, but still didn't really like it, but hey, at least it didn't require a sub and I could go back and poke around a bit every now and again.

I tried it again just last week. The combination of One Tameriel with controller support has me playing it and having a good bit of fun now. The UI on the controller just makes a lot more sense, and it feels better playing it to me.

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Ridelynn said:
    I have to admit, I didn't like ESO when it was open beta, so I didn't Day 1 purchase this one. I didn't buy it until I caught it on sale last year, and played for a couple of weeks to give it a fair shake, but still didn't really like it, but hey, at least it didn't require a sub and I could go back and poke around a bit every now and again.

I tried it again just last week. The combination of One Tameriel with controller support has me playing it and having a good bit of fun now. The UI on the controller just makes a lot more sense, and it feels better playing it to me.

I love it on the PC graphics cranked she's beautiful. I do wish i could share the account on a console as I'd love to just couch it occasionally the xbox one, but for me you can't beat the PC.
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    It says play what you want but in the end fotm builds :( 

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    edited February 2017
    Dragnelus said:
    It says play what you want but in the end fotm builds :( 
    Only if you're a lemming.

lemming:
    A member of a crowd with no originality or voice of his own. One who speaks or repeats only what he has been told.

My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I played ESO for about 10 minutes. Despise the controls. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Terrible combat, uninspired graphics, tacked on Elder Scrolls references.  I really want to like this game because it's an alternative to WoW that's doing decently, but I cannot bring myself to play it.  Tried it twice, uninstalled quickly both times.
  • jonp200jonp200 Member UncommonPosts: 457
    xpsync said:
    Ridelynn said:

I love it on the PC graphics cranked she's beautiful. I do wish i could share the account on a console as I'd love to just couch it occasionally the xbox one, but for me you can't beat the PC.
    I too wish I could share it on a console; that would really be huge for me for the same reason you mention.

Seaspite
    Playing ESO on my X-Box