Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why I don't play ESO? and why don't you?

Comments

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    There are more than a few reasons for me.  In reality, I played Skyrim first, and possibly unfairly expected game play to be as good and compelling as Skyrim was.  My disappointment in ESO not measuring up led me away to other games.  I have gone back a few times over the years, but ESO simply seems stale and trite to me compared to other games.
    guizica
  • Bluefear77Bluefear77 Member UncommonPosts: 112
    I've tried to play ESO many times. Actually, I don't think there is a game that I've tried to like as many times as ESO, but I always end up bored and quitting after a week.

I think it is the questing. It just doesn't capture my imagination. I wish they would add dynamic events or pvp to the open so it didn't feel so dull.

But the game looks great. I just haven't been able to get really into it.
  • deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    I didn't like the UI.

I played for 5-10 mins on trial, then uninstalled.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    no Auction House. No amount of pros for the current system of selling will convince me that its better than a global system. Its garbage, sry.
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    I enjoy the everchanging way the game is monotized, I like the login screen and the desktop icon looks cool too.
  • MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    Torval said:
    Because my damn computer keeps rebooting almost every time I zone or port. Otherwise I would play the hell out of it because it's one of the best mmos out right now.
    lol i know that pain, had to upgrade my computer :P 

yonpachi said:
    Crown Crates
    crown crates? RNG boxes that EVERY mmo and RPG has even FPS games?
    personally i do not mind the crates because well they do not effect ANYONE but those who buy them. And if you do buy them then you take the risk of not getting anything good.

I still play ESO but i have had a few things that annoy me, such as constant nerfs, lag, crap customer service. AND lastly crafting sets being obsolete compared to monster sets.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    World of Warcraft basically smothered ESO
  • KrynKryn Member UncommonPosts: 172
    I do play.  So hate to ruin your thread.  I play everyday.  I sub, I spend money on crowns and would spend more if they added more.  Fun game.
    guizica
  • BorlucBorluc Member UncommonPosts: 255
    One of the major things that keeps me away are all the mods that allow other people to be more effective.  I like a level playing field, and I don't like mixing player created mods to official content.  Design your own game and take ownership of it. 
  • yonpachiyonpachi Member UncommonPosts: 191
    jircris said:
    Torval said:
    Because my damn computer keeps rebooting almost every time I zone or port. Otherwise I would play the hell out of it because it's one of the best mmos out right now.

yonpachi said:
    Crown Crates
    personally i do not mind the crates because well they do not effect ANYONE but those who buy them. And if you do buy them then you take the risk of not getting anything good.

I still play ESO but i have had a few things that annoy me, such as constant nerfs, lag, crap customer service. AND lastly crafting sets being obsolete compared to monster sets.
    At least in Overwatch I could just play and get my RNG boxes. At least once in a week in Overwatch I could get free 3 RNG Boxes from Arcade mode. At least in Overwatch the RNG boxes has Pity Timer that is in favour of the customers. At least RNG Boxes in FPSes are purely cosmetics. 

RNG Boxes has no place in MMORPG. Especially ESO. You might be able to ignore it, but I cannot. It is my principle. I do not support this kind of monetization and have no intention to pretend to be blind.
  • yonpachiyonpachi Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Kryn said:
    I do play.  So hate to ruin your thread.  I play everyday.  I sub, I spend money on crowns and would spend more if they added more.  Fun game.
    Then you should stay on topic of this thread. If not you can post here instead http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/460048/why-i-play-eso-and-why-do-you
  • TarbloodTarblood Member UncommonPosts: 98
    If WoW added player housing, I would never play another MMORPG again.
    SamWAR

RAWR

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Tarblood said:
    If WoW added player housing, I would never play another MMORPG again.
    Weird. But I had the distinct impression that WOW players considered Garrisons to be a better type of housing that actually has game play elements... I could be wrong though :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Torval said:
    jircris said:
    Torval said:
    It happens in several games, not just ESO. It's a fairly new computer with a very troublesome intermittent hardware problem that I can't nail down. I could probably do it if I had a bunch of swap parts to test with, but I don't so I live with it until it dies (as soon as possible please :p).

Have you tried the power supply? My computer would randomly freeze while playing some newer games until I swapped in a new PS(old one was like 10 years old lol). Haven's had an issue since.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Torval said:
    I was having that problem a few months ago, turned out a filter on the bottom of my PC under the PS was clogged. 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I like the game but when I play another MMO that not only has an auction house but allows you to access the AH from a icon in on your UI anytime but during combat and has lots of crafting space  and bag drops, I'll usually go to that game instead.  But sometimes come back to check out the new ESO content.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ChicagoCubChicagoCub Member UncommonPosts: 381
    I don't play it because, like nearly every other MMO out today, you can sleep walk through it.  No challenge and no risk.  After a few hours of having everything handed to you, almost instantaneously, with little to no effort involved you begin to ask yourself what the point of the game is.  Sadly, I don't think even the developers can answer that question anymore.
    Hawkaya399guizica
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    There are more than a few reasons for me.  In reality, I played Skyrim first, and possibly unfairly expected game play to be as good and compelling as Skyrim was.  My disappointment in ESO not measuring up led me away to other games.  I have gone back a few times over the years, but ESO simply seems stale and trite to me compared to other games.
    That's sort of like me. Not that I thought it would be like the single player games, but I don't find the world to be as well made as any of the single player Elder Scrolls games.

I usually play a few quests in Elder Scrolls Online and then go back to Skyrim or Morrowind and play for hours.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    edited February 2017
    Don't like tech in the game (if prefer Fantasy without the bots), the  UI, Grouping and the Mega server.  It is hard to immerse myself in game. For an MMO, it doesn't feel like an MMO...... I don't like the fact it doesn't have a region Auction house.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    yonpachi said:
    jircris said:
    Torval said:

yonpachi said:
    Crown Crates

At least in Overwatch I could just play and get my RNG boxes. At least once in a week in Overwatch I could get free 3 RNG Boxes from Arcade mode. At least in Overwatch the RNG boxes has Pity Timer that is in favour of the customers. At least RNG Boxes in FPSes are purely cosmetics. 

RNG Boxes has no place in MMORPG. Especially ESO. You might be able to ignore it, but I cannot. It is my principle. I do not support this kind of monetization and have no intention to pretend to be blind.
    Wait I thought ESO RNG was all cosmetic as well?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    I'm not sure if I should post here or in the other (why I play ESO) thread.

I play ESO, but I have a hard time sticking to it. I don't hate it, in fact, I actually like a lot about it...on paper. Unfortunately, once in the game it just bore me.

I got two problems with it:
    - classes and their associated abilities. They should have stick to TES design instead of making all magic generic MMO abilities tied to specific classes. That take me out of the game being a TES game. 
    - lackluster exploration, I think TES suffer from too many "area quests" while it doesn't have enough cave/dungeon/fun area with monsters with no quest attached like the SP games.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    I honestly didn't enjoy the combat and how they did classes.

• GameboyMarcGameboyMarc Member UncommonPosts: 395
    I might be the odd man out, I like it.

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    While in my opinion TESO is the best MMORPG out right now, there are some things that made me stop playing a while back and keep me from returning.

1 - They took out cosmetics from the cash shop just so they could repurpose them to their crown crates and loyalty rewards cash shop tab. That's just grimy.
    2 - Crown crates.
    3 - Boring generic quests (i'm hoping not all of them but most of the quests I did were).
    4 - For the most part quest givers are robotic, crudely animated and have no personality or uniqueness resulting in a bland and forgettable experience compared to other ES games. 
    5 - Poor voice acting (apart from John Cleese, Kate Beckinsale and a couple others, most were poorly voiced compared to other ES games or just used voice actors that didn't match their character).
    6 - Fighters guild and mages guild quest lines are a joke compared to assassins guild and thieves guild quest lines.
    7 - Guild stores instead of an auction house, wtf... seriously... wtf?

This is my opinion and is subject to change without notice.
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Adoni said:
    I might be the odd man out, I like it.
    You're not alone, me too. Before update 12 i would have been posting like i was at some anonymous meeting seeking help as to why i can't enjoy such an amazing world too, similar to the rest in this thread.
    To possibly help, mix it up, get out of your comfort zone and try different combat options, try other classes for example:

My Templar is duel blades,  i do Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild with that character as it fits that content so well.
    My NB is all about exploring the world, taking in the odd side quest, kinda scouting for the sorc too.
    My Sorc is all about lore, i pick a zone, do all the quests and soak in the stories and lore.
    My DK (to be announced) but probably do the other DLC and dungeons.

I gather on all of them and picked a specialized craft for each.

Update 12 saved this game, housing coming, Morrowind on route, announced regular DLC and Chapters. I was like many of you, could not stand this game, but i persisted and kept trying it over and over. Once they turned it into a world i gave it more of a serious chance, and whaddya know, it finally clicked, and clicked hard. There are some amazing things within this game if you were to only slow the F down, smell the roses, immerse yourself into the lore and simply enjoy the journeys it provides, it just might surprise you.
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L