I have never played this game but the sole reason I make this topic is simply looking at the bullet point list of features that this game has and it seems to offer everything you could want in an MMO.
EverQuest II is the epitome of massively multiplayer gaming - the ultimate blend of deep features, heritage, and community.
Explore an enormous online world where friends come together for adventure and community. Immerse yourself in the game's exciting locales, mysterious lands, intense battles, exciting quests and amazing achievements. Featuring breathtaking graphics and a vast, beautiful and dangerous game world to explore, EverQuest II sets the standard for MMORPG online gaming. Now, you can experience EverQuest II Free to Play. Your Way!™
Your character, your story, your adventure!
- 100 Levels of unparalleled gameplay
- Strong heritage and lore with game content spanning 10 years and 11 expansions
- A thriving, friendly community with thousands of guilds
- Over 5,000 creatures to battle and more than 8,000 quests to complete with hundreds of gorgeous, expansive and dangerous environments to explore
- Independently leveled tradeskill system with deep quest lines
- Full support of different play styles, from solo to groups, raids and PVP
- Our Dungeon Finder system helps you join groups
- Unique and robust housing system, with dozens of styles, thousands of items and a House Rating System
- Exciting seasonal and holiday events to spice up the year
- An expansive in-game marketplace containing potions, weapons, armor, classes, races, mounts and more!
Okay, other than the market place which seems a bit suspicious, I think everything there looks pretty good. Is there something wrong with the game that I don't know about? It has just released its 13th expansion pack which makes me think the game must still be doing well. If anyone could update me on what this game is like and why it isn't commonly suggested I'd appreciate it, I am tempting to trying it out : )