Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Remove Google search Engine article from MMORPG.COM

2»

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited February 2017
    Donald, is that you?
    Can't wait to see the non-press conferences after all the reporter's have been denied access because they were to 'aggressive'.

I'll shut up now.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Twitch : dren_utogi
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    So, any logical yet concise explanation why that article was a fake news?
    Exactly what I want to know, although I suspect the OP is just trolling us for a laugh.
    edited February 2017
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    "How do I explain him to my kids."

This is what happens.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    WIth that last post, thanks for the 12 years I had here, this is not the place for me anymore. bye bye :)

You made the post and now that people are basically calling you dumb, you can't handle it so you're leaving. Alright then. Adios. 
  • frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    I really care about end user rights and data collection so I'm going to protest an article written about research done based on Google search patterns because it didn't use other data sources by complaining about multiple things that are not related to end user rights or data collection and generally having no concise point then take my toys and go home because you guys didn't divine what I didn't talk about.

We missed your point and we will miss you. Good luck out there
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Well not like its not true or anything

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I actually don't know if it is fake because i have seen the reference a lot lately.
    The LOL i could definitely believe,Wow not so much.
    Top 3 on Twitch has been the same for about 2 years now...
    1 LOl
    2 Dota 
    3 Heartstone
    The only time another game breaks in there is when a NEW release happens then of course those crappy games disappear into oblivion.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

I hope people are paying attention though,notice the games aside from Wow are all f2p,meaning anyone and their goldfish can play it at least once.
    I liked it better when all online gaming was subs,it gave a better indication of quality and left the crappy games hung out to dry.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

BTW Google tracking is pretty much on every single website,it is why they are so rich.
    i would say that Google analytics are about 5000% more accurate than anything else you might read o nthe net.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    !

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Worst cause of humanity ever. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • G3NexisG3Nexis Member UncommonPosts: 84
    edited February 2017
    I feel like OP is one of those people who stands in the middle of a road to protest a ridiculous cause that he is "passionate" about and then is surprised when a car drives through him o.o
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    calling me troll because I think google is well over their reach of what is sane in the terms of data collection is kind of funny.

When things like chromium are placed on my computer even though I didn't ask for it or go to a google website yet it is still installed, becomes an issue. What is the line for things placed on ones computeriiwthout their knowing or consent When I see these kind of websites that produce favorable ratings for anything it should be asked , why , for whom does it benifit, who created the data.

This is the world we live in, if you aren't asking those quetions when assimilating information, then you are leaving yourself open to unkown  and sometimes subliminal influence .

THis is a topic I am very passionate about, and I apologize if you think ,data from one source is not enough for me to consider the information to be legitimate. 

If you use mozilla try the plugin "Lightbeam" and actually watch how your web usaged is monitor through telemetry data.

I;m very passionate about end user rights and I think all people should be. I have no quarrel if you "dont give a fuck" but this topic is a hot one for some folks like myself.
    If you are not trolling us then can you answer the question?

I mean you just wrote a one page rant without actually giving any relevant information, surely you can spend a few seconds to give us a "logical yet concise explanation why that article was a fake news?" before we vote on it?

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    calling me troll because I think google is well over their reach of what is sane in the terms of data collection is kind of funny.

When things like chromium are placed on my computer even though I didn't ask for it or go to a google website yet it is still installed, becomes an issue. What is the line for things placed on ones computeriiwthout their knowing or consent When I see these kind of websites that produce favorable ratings for anything it should be asked , why , for whom does it benifit, who created the data.

This is the world we live in, if you aren't asking those quetions when assimilating information, then you are leaving yourself open to unkown  and sometimes subliminal influence .

THis is a topic I am very passionate about, and I apologize if you think ,data from one source is not enough for me to consider the information to be legitimate. 

If you use mozilla try the plugin "Lightbeam" and actually watch how your web usaged is monitor through telemetry data.

I;m very passionate about end user rights and I think all people should be. I have no quarrel if you "dont give a fuck" but this topic is a hot one for some folks like myself.

But see this is a completely different point than it seemed like you were trying to make. I wouldn't be surprised if most of us here agree with this, that Google (and many other entities, looking at you Microsoft) overreaches their bounds. I certainly think they do. Please forgive me though if I can't subscribe to calling something red if there is no proof that the thing is red.
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    edited February 2017
    Donald, is that you?

"You know, I wasn't saying that Bill and Suzie are wrong, I was just stating an alternative fact."

Donald.

Edit: Unless he can give us any reliable source to back his claim about this "fake news," this thread will forever be "an alternative fact."

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    I don't feel it's fair to lash out on Dren this much since he tried to do the right thing.

However no one takes those ratings seriously .. let's be honest.. they  have no meaning or impact.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Grunty said:
    Donald, is that you?
    Can't wait to see the non-press conferences after all the reporter's have been denied access because they were to 'aggressive'.

I'll shut up now.
    Big difference between aggressive and willfully ignorant.  Maybe you should learn that yourself.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • DhahranGirlDhahranGirl Newbie CommonPosts: 22
    It reads real to me!

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file