Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire - New Info, Including Release Window - The RPG Files at MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imagePillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire - New Info, Including Release Window - The RPG Files at MMORPG.com

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire recently opened a FiG crowdfunding campaign to great success, completing its initial funding goal in less than a day. We had the opportunity to chat with the team to learn more about Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire. See what they had to say.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    Can't wait for this. Sounds great.
  • mystik13mystik13 Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Some encouraging comments especially on build diversity and less emphasis on trash mobs. I don't have a problem with combat being difficult but I found the combat in poe just took far too long and found the ruleset restrictive.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I really can't wait. Played the crap out of POE.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• NleonNleon Member UncommonPosts: 28
    The only "problem" with Obsidian is that they do not make RPGs with big production values despite the fact they have some of the most experienced and skilled RPG developers in the world. Just imagine a RPG like Witcher 3 made by them! (Vampire Bloodlines sequel maybe? :P)
    Other than that it was a very good and enjoyable interview!
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692
    I don't trust this company, not after what they did with Torment.
    Fargo is all about, give me mooooonnney.

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402

black777 said:

I think you are confusing InXile (who are releasing a new Torment game soon) and Obsidian Entertainment (who are making Pillars of Eternity 2).
  • bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595

azarhal said:

black777 said:

I think you are confusing InXile (who are releasing a new Torment game soon) and Obsidian Entertainment (who are making Pillars of Eternity 2).

hear, hear

please get the companies right before denigrating.

I contributed to what is basically a prerelease. great game, the original.
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    The first game's story was so boring I quit before I even got halfway through I think. Hopefully the writing is better in the sequel.

Smile

• goozmaniagoozmania Member RarePosts: 394

The first game's story was so boring I quit before I even got halfway through I think. Hopefully the writing is better in the sequel.

I agree with this. I enjoyed the combat of the first one, but I inevitably got bored because nothing was keeping me entertained, and the combat gets stale when there's such a small amount of character progression available.
    I think I was going down some dungeon until I reached a dragon I wasn't anywhere near geared enough to beat and just stopped playing.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited February 2017
    I also got a little bored from the first one. Perhaps they need more voice acting and a more ingaging story to keep people wanting to know what happens next.

Crowd funding is going great!
    $2,154,782 195% of goal reached so far 19 days left. They must be at the dealership picking out the sports cars right about now. :-)

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• zephiriuszephirius Member UncommonPosts: 13
    I got a little over halfway through PoE and began to have to make myself play it, solely to see how the story ended. Up until that point I was really enjoying it. I'm not sure of the exact point where I started to grow uninterested--maybe it was the whole soul manipulation and reincarnation aspect, but that's entirely subjective based on personal beliefs--but regardless of what it was: The game just felt...I don't know. Incomplete. Disjointed. Or it became disjointed? It was like a solid collection of elements I've found in other CRPG's, like Baldur's Gate, but loosely connected or something. Or not enough or not fleshed out enough. Not sure.

At any rate, PoE was not a game I regretted playing, that's for sure. However, I am hoping PoE2 capitalizes on the "lessons learned" in PoE by the devs and makes improvements where they are most needed, and I believe they are doing just that.
  • cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445
    Story of the first one was soooooo boring. I uninstalled midway. TYranny on the other hand was much better with the new spell crafting system.
  • Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588
    edited February 2017
    No questions on whether there will be multiplayer/coop options. This is a MMO site, that should have been the obvious and most important question to be made in the interview. Coop/MP capabilities are a big deal to a lot of players, especially the ones that frequent a site like this.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.