Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Remove Google search Engine article from MMORPG.COM

[Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
edited February 2017 in Polls
The user and all related content has been deleted.
Twitch : dren_utogi

Comments

• Gymrat313Gymrat313 Member UncommonPosts: 154
    fake news or not, it is probably correct
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Just because the article was done on Reviews.org doesn't mean that it's fake news. All they did was take info from Google trends.
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    edited February 2017
    Unless the source is not clear, misleading or outright lies it's not fake news. Had the article said something like "Search engine data says..." then yes, it would be fake news. The fact is they were very clear about where they got the information and what they found.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Fake or not - the results won't change anything for any of us.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • TintagilTintagil Member UncommonPosts: 214
    I sure hope you are trolling...
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    If found to be fake, then yes.

It's not up to us to determine. If MMORPG.com doesn't vet these things then that's a different issue.

You didn't link to any proof so at this point I deem your post as a #fakepost

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    some people are missing the point. the website review.org is used to promote products from a paid source. If the owner was never paid to create the article, the article wouldn;t exist.

This also speak VOLUMES on the state of activision.
    Gotcha. All paid-for articles are fake.

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    So WOW and LOL, Dota2, ect.... all paid them to tell everyone that their games are being played?
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    As much crazy stuff ppl post, and this is the one to fall on the proverbial sword?  Plz!!  If this was the mark, then we need to start polling 50 - 60% of 'new and data' threads.

I self identify as a monkey.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    some people are missing the point. the website review.org is used to promote products from a paid source. If the owner was never paid to create the article, the article wouldn;t exist.

Getting the point? So far your contention that the story is fake news is that it was paid for. Lots of things are paid for to be produced. The question is, of course, if the information is false. Bring proof that it is and I would agree that it is fake news ;).
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059

Irrelevant. The info was taken from Google trends. They even include the links to the Google trends results pages.
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    So, any logical yet concise explanation why that article was a fake news?

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    Just deal with it. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it fake news. 
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    This was an image sent to us, I thought it was mildly entertaining for a Saturday. Deal with it, Dren. 

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    This was an image sent to us, I thought it was mildly entertaining for a Saturday. Deal with it, Dren. 
    The Supreme Leader has spoken!

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    You know, I actually did a double-take here. Really? This is the best use of your time? For Pete's sake what an utterly ridiculous post about an innocuous image of interest to some people. What is it that has you so torqued? Your game didn't make the top spot(s)? 

#getoverit

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• carotidcarotid Member UncommonPosts: 425

You care, why? It effects your life, how?
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    This thread is fake news.  </sarcasm>
  • MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220
    get a life dude
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited February 2017
    On a bright, sunny day. Three young kids were crossing a bridge. There, they were headed to a place called MMORPG.com

SURPRISE! TROLL!

A nasty, ugly, filthy troll who could barely speak "gitgud n00bs" and then said "eit u gud!"

The kids looked at a sign, almost missing it until the troll popped up.

"Warning: A troll that is known as Dragula_Ubugan lives under this bridge. To pass, ignore the troll"

So, the kids walked by the troll, ignoring him. They ignored his terribly spoken taunts and grunts. This made the troll very angry, but being as stupid as a troll always is, went back under the bridge and sucked his thumb as he got no attention from those little kids.

And that kids, is the story of how a troll was defeated. From years on, trolls around the world never got the attention they always wanted. Instead, they shrunk back into basements, preying on rats and cockroaches in the dark, forever defeated by Humankind.

I hope you guys liked the story. I dunno why I put it in this thread, but this thread seems pretty random at it is. This isn't targeted at anyone. I don't think there is a Dragula_Ubugan on the forums, but if there is, sorry!

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited February 2017
    Donald, is that you?

• frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645

If people weren't paid to do work a lot of shit wouldn't exist.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file