Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there a way to embed tweets in these forums?

IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
I thought it was a default Vanilla Forums feature but I can't seem to be able to do it. Did you guys turn that off?
"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
― CD PROJEKT RED

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited February 2017

Copy link to tweet and paste use to work.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Recore said:

I just get a hyperlink to it when I do that. It doesn't embed.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    Recore said:

I just get a hyperlink to it when I do that. It doesn't embed.
    click toggle HTML view first?
    Tried that. Didn't work either.

In the Vanilla forums it's supposed to just accept the URL and embed it just like it does for videos but it's something the site admins can turn on or off.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Success!

Apparently I was just not waiting long enough. I managed to embed a tweet with a simple copy/paste of the URL from the address bar.

These forums just take a bit longer to process that and turn it from a link to an embed than they do for a YT video which is instant (all of this in Chrome BTW.)

When you first paste the address and look at your post (or if you preview it) it'll just look like a hyperlink. But a few seconds after you post it the embed shows.

There is definitely some sort of delay (again, in Chrome) happening every time you view it though. For me it shows the hyperlink for a fraction of a second and then the embed is rendered.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED