Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Impressions - TheHiveLeader - Conan Exiles Videos - MMORPG.com

Comments

• blutigfaustblutigfaust Member UncommonPosts: 129
    [quote]Is the crucifixion conclusively necessary? It's okay not to offend any other religion unless it's Christianity it seems...if a man was crucified on the star of david, your website would be taken down!! [/quote]

uh...crucifixion was a way of executing people, it was never tied to a religion. Christians have no copyright on it. Plenty of people of other religions were killed that way as well. It's like if Christ had come during the electric chair phase, or guillotine era, those would not be Christian only executions.

Current games playing: MechWarrior Online
    Games being watched:  Project Genom
    Favorite played games: SWG, RomaVictor, and Xsyon

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    You missed an obvious one HL... "Anyone else want some Wang?"... ^^ While the original wasn't bad (all things considered...), this doesn't look all that interesting.
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791

Is the crucifixion conclusively necessary? It's okay not to offend any other religion unless it's Christianity it seems...if a man was crucified on the star of david, your website would be taken down!!

It is necessary.

I just wanted to point out that crucifixion was not exclusive to Christianity. The Romans (and others) used it as a form of execution for more then just Christ. As a Christian myself, I understand the possible confusion as that is how many are exposed to the concept of crucifixion only in regards to Christ's death. Just need to do a little more historical research and you get a finer understanding of the Crusifixation story as told in the Bible.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• KrynKryn Member UncommonPosts: 172

Is the crucifixion conclusively necessary? It's okay not to offend any other religion unless it's Christianity it seems...if a man was crucified on the star of david, your website would be taken down!!

What, like this?

So people want to say it isnt associated with Christians but even this cartoons says so....
  • GenetikCodeGenetikCode Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Oh dear...  
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I remember watching hype videos with large villages, slaves and big ass gods stomping down whole towns. I've watched a few twitch streams and all I see is people with hairy bushes and large dongs gathering shit and losing it all to a croc attack... rinse and repeat. When is the other CE going to get released? Will that be like EA 6 :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003

What, like this?

That's hilarious!

Wait, what is that sound in the distance? Could it be a pack of Social Justice Warriors in their armored outrage machine?

EVERYBODY RUN!!!

• MorpayneMorpayne Member UncommonPosts: 21

Christianity in the minds of many folks ='s white so its ok to berate and disrespect. Islam = Arab and Judaism = Jewish so both are immune to criticism.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

Crucifixion was historically around before mainstream Christianity, and it has been featured as a form of execution in Howard's works about Kull and Conan, and the work of others regarding the Hyborian Age. If Jesus had been beheaded, would you complain about games which feature guillotines?

I agree with you 100% that Christianity can be put down with seeming impunity these days. However, this isn't the case here. Save your ire for those who truly deserve it.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Distopia said:
    Kaneth said:
    Sovrath said:
    kitarad said:
    People say survival games should be played more in the PvP way because then it introduces conflict but I find it strange story-wise and immersion-wise that you are running with 50 others trying to get food and build things. It makes more sense that you're all alone and are trying not to die and live.
    No, it makes sense. You are in a place fighting over resources.
    In my opinion, the only thing that PvP brings to these games is the element of danger. Once you have enough resources there doesn't seem to be any real danger, outside of the player making mistakes. PvP is the element you can't really control.

At the same time, PvP seems to be a crutch for these games too. The PvE aspects of these games don't really seem to have a lot of thought put in behind them. It's the usual whack-a-mole PvE that we see in nearly all games now.
    I think the idea is to never have enough resources, hence PVP with the intended rules. As it's not just about resources, it's also about gaining territory as well as expanding your "tribe". That means destroying others cities, taking their thralls, taking their resources, etc.... 

How is that a lesser PVP implementation than the DAOC route of perpetually fighting over static keeps?
    I would say the biggest difference between your typical survival game pvp and something like DAoC, is that DAoC also had fully fleshed out PvE completely separate from PvP. Raids, dungeons, open world pve, etc. RvR also had additional mechanics such as owning relics gave boosts, owning more land opened Darkness Falls and things of that nature.

I'm not inherently against PvP in these games, as it does serve a purpose. I would just like one of them to attempt to flesh out PvE more. Minecraft also suffered from super bland PvE, but at least there is a massive modding community that addressed those issues.
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Watching the review :
    1)I was stunned at the degradation of our culture and how the reviewer revels in it ?
    2)was stunned at how shallow the work product this reviewer
    3) felt really really old thinking.. "is this the way today's younger people really think " ?
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    edited February 2017
    Watching the review :
    1)I was stunned at the degradation of our culture and how the reviewer revels in it ?
    3) felt really really old thinking.. "is this the way today's younger people really think " ?
    Did you miss that this is supposed to be for comedy and not to be taken seriously ?

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    kitarad said:
    Watching the review :
    Did you miss that this is supposed to be for comedy and not to be taken seriously ?
    Have you ever watch a comedian who thinks cursing and sexual jokes are funny and entertaining ?(I have...for about 3 seconds).
  • donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443

So because the hero of your particular bedtime story died a certain way then no one is allowed to use it in any form of art ever? Grow up you superstitious moron.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Watching the review :
    What the heck are you talking about?!?!
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    kitarad said:
    Watching the review :
    Have you ever watch a comedian who thinks cursing and sexual jokes are funny and entertaining ?(I have...for about 3 seconds).
    They are if presented well.

I would say laughing at the foibles of humanity, at our strengths, weaknesses and differences as well as commonalities is an amazing thing about being human. Provided it's not mean spirited or vicious.

But I suppose one's mileage may vary with that.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Torval said:
    Do you know what some of the server flavors mean? What exactly does "Purist" mean or imply, etc?
    I can't remember off hand, but if you hover over them or click on them it has  a brief description that I found adequate. If I recall correctly that was a free for all anything goes kind of server.
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

laserit said:

I wish MMORPG's were more like this. It's really got a good virtual world feeling to it. I'm finding it very immersive. Looking forward to seeing the game progress.

Unfortunately it seems the engines suitable for Survival games cannot handle player loads above 20-50 players or so. That's just too small for an MMO, because if building your own structures and shelters, and competing for resources is a focus part of the game, phasing/instancing isn't really an option.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Is it because when people build structures and such it adds to the game and causes lag so it cannot support many players as a result?
    Chamber of Chains
  • RockxonRockxon Member UncommonPosts: 25
    since I normaly like your Videos, this was not one of them, maybe because this type of game isn´t yours.

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    kitarad said:
    Watching the review :

• CrusadecrusherCrusadecrusher Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Distopia said:

You do realize crucifixion existed long before Christianity right? Just because the figure of a popular religion uses the image, doesn't mean they own it, especially if they just wanna use it to pull some asinine victimization card.
    Really ignorant hate speech is allowed on this site?  Jesus being crucified is some "asinine victimization card"?  You know there are a lot of other places you can spew your ignorance and hate towards a particular religion, how about you leave that crap out of video game forums.  
  • BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482
    i mean really..this is what im talking about in a previous thread..how the hell did they have enough or raise this much money just to make another run of the mill game..this is nothing new nor fun..but devs and production teams still seem to shake people down for tons of money to make games like this..
  • CrusadecrusherCrusadecrusher Member UncommonPosts: 283
    .this is nothing new nor fun..
    FOR YOU!!!  What is it with people like this thinking because THEY don't like something everyone feels the same way.  Well the fact they had to fire their server company because the demand was greater then they anticipated and they couldn't handle shows plenty of people found it to be new and fun...
  • LoudWisperLoudWisper Member UncommonPosts: 76
    why have first impressions when you do not like the genre as a whole. strange