Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Small Scale PvP, Short Videos

JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
Duelist (TLDR - rat with stealth) vs Confessor (fire mage):

Centaur (melee support) vs Duelist, fight starts @1:25:

Druid & Ranger vs Knight & Centaur:

PS It's all pre-alpha tests + on low settings etc.

PPS There's much more PvP videos in Tinnis' thread on Crowfall forums, actually I took two of them from there - Assorted archetype videos - duels, ganks, island brawls and the apple thief?!
 W...aaagh?

Comments

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Yikes, those constant pop-ups in your face mid-fight really have to go.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Jeez all that running around in the fight I cannot play this game , I was mistaken thought the PvP would be easier.

• JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    Lokero said:
    Yikes, those constant pop-ups in your face mid-fight really have to go.
    There's lots of things that will have to go - all this is still very raw.
    kitarad said:
    Jeez all that running around in the fight I cannot play this game , I was mistaken thought the PvP would be easier.
    They actually made PvP much quicker recently, because everyone was complaining =(
     W...aaagh?
  • WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599
    I have learned to never judge animations and such before a beta.

That all gets tightened up before a public release/test. I have seen that so many times.

I remember the WoW animations and attacks were dreadful, then after release it was a completely different feel. 

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

Another thing is, we are IMO a year away from open beta and very large scale fights. We might see totally different kind of mobility & tempo with hundreds of players on screen, formations etc.
     W...aaagh?
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    JamesGoblin said:
    kitarad said:
    They actually made PvP much quicker recently, because everyone was complaining =(
    The first video in particular was just a major turnoff.  It was just constant teleporting and easy-mode stealthing.  Don't get me wrong, I often enjoy playing stealthers, but he slipped into stealth way too easily and way too many times in that short fight... I say the same about the teleporting.  I agree completely with kitarad about this.  There was just way too much warping around and stealthing.  Longer cooldowns or limitations are definitely needed.

The apple thief one was just really boring.  They basically just stood there and stabbed each other like the armies of old when they would line up and shoot each other.  That just felt like a mindless tank-and-spank fight... which I guess is exactly what it was... a beefier class face-tanking a stealthier type.

On the good side -- the 2v2 was much better, so that was comforting to know that maybe the group fights will be interesting, even if the base combat is just terribly following all the trends I hated in previous MMOs.

That's my outsider's view.  I've never played the game.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Honestly it looks like garbage compared to an ESO with dynamic power and block... just being honest. 

Who know it may be great, but that shits dated. 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Lokero said:
    JamesGoblin said:
    kitarad said:
    The first video in particular was just a major turnoff.  It was just constant teleporting and easy-mode stealthing.  Don't get me wrong, I often enjoy playing stealthers, but he slipped into stealth way too easily and way too many times in that short fight... I say the same about the teleporting.  I agree completely with kitarad about this.  There was just way too much warping around and stealthing.  Longer cooldowns or limitations are definitely needed.

The apple thief one was just really boring.  They basically just stood there and stabbed each other like the armies of old when they would line up and shoot each other.  That just felt like a mindless tank-and-spank fight... which I guess is exactly what it was... a beefier class face-tanking a stealthier type.

On the good side -- the 2v2 was much better, so that was comforting to know that maybe the group fights will be interesting, even if the base combat is just terribly following all the trends I hated in previous MMOs.

That's my outsider's view.  I've never played the game.

I'm also part of the minority (I'd say great minority, as explained above) that hopes for slower combat. I have hard time imagining, say, sieges with 200 players and all that blinking. It would feel...strange!?

Speaking of videos, "Apple Thief" was likely pre-arranged and that Duelist (rodent with stealth) was either lagging or, well, mediocre at best. I'd say the same for Knight & Centaur in that 2 vs 2, they went down rather quickly for tank & healer combo. Furthermore, that 2vs2 setup should be, theoretically, one of the "endless" ones, nobody dies with good play.

Duelist being easy mode, well it's not really like that in large scale - Confessor (that fire mage) is actually considered OP and must-have in groups. But those things are changing quickly, and balance this early is more-less irrelevant.

bcbully said:
    Honestly it looks like garbage compared to an ESO with dynamic power and block... just being honest. 

Who know it may be great, but that shits dated. 
    Yeah I can imagine how bad it looks compared to launched and well fleshed out game. We'll see how much it improves till beta.
     W...aaagh?
    Another one, this time with guild vs guild backstory (and rubberbanding/lag etc.) - up to 25 people fights:

W...aaagh?
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    ughh that looks terrible and they have managed to make it look Unfun.. They have lots of work to do
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Well this is what i expected and NOT good pvp.
    Stand in each other's face,no use of the surroundings,might as well shove two players in a box.
    Once the melee starts it is total spam,very unjoyable and that unrealistic warp away behind a rock,not good.
    The surroundings/trees look like something out of a early 1990's game.IDK what to say,does this game actually have a selling point?Not the combat,not the graphics,lack of content,so what is selling this game?
    I guess to be expected when 90% of the hyped games are all crowd funded.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Scorchien said:
    Ughh that looks terrible and they have managed to make it look unfun... They have lots of work to do.
    They certainly do, same as any game in pre-alpha. For what it's worth, couple days ago Crowfall CEO explained that doing any significant optimization this early, while a number of important systems and features is not even added to the game, would be wrong - same as trying to balance the existing classes.

Anyway, this is how medium fights look like at this point - take it or leave it.
     W...aaagh?
  • RhomsRhoms Member UncommonPosts: 174
    For pre-alpha, this looks good.  Give them time to flesh out the systems and do optimizations.  It's fruitless to try to please everyone: combat is too fast, combat is too slow, combat is boring, combat is too spammy, etc.  Nevertheless, I'm sure testers' feedback will play a lot into the final iteration of combat.  It is too early to consider anything final, but I'm looking forward to seeing how the game developers settle on the best combat mechanics for the game.

Current game: Pillars of Eternity

Played: UO, AC, Eve, Fallen Earth, Aion, GW, GW2 

Tried: WOW, Rift, SWTOR, ESO 

Future: Camelot Unchained?  Crowfall?  Bless?

• khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486
    Looks bad still, no way id put up money til I see a better game. Also that music is garbage for what is going on in the game lol. California surfer music in PVP war?

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482
    if its anything close to shadowbanes pvp will be great..i just hope that the game wont be flooded by ppl muli-boxing pvp ..it was a big focus in shadowbane at the end before it died and it was a turn off for me..to this day i still play shadowbane time2time

if its anything close to shadowbanes pvp will be great..i just hope that the game wont be flooded by ppl muli-boxing pvp ..it was a big focus in shadowbane at the end before it died and it was a turn off for me..to this day i still play shadowbane time2time
    Speaking of Shadowbane, a vid of Confessor played by an ex-SB player. Pure bloodthirst, in the end he dies in 1 vs 3 due to trying to finish off that Druid (instead of running away):

W...aaagh?
  • will75will75 Member UncommonPosts: 365
    I have to admit, i am the biggest anti crowfall person, my past shows that. I watched tinnis druid video... and it made me want to play crowfall and play a druid.  So nobody can call me biased about my past.Just being honest. With that being said, with a baby and full time business. I've had zero time to game in years