Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

6 simple questions about ESO.

seeyouspacec0wboyseeyouspacec0wboy Member UncommonPosts: 714
edited January 2017 in Elder Scrolls Online
1. Can you do all of the quest content grouped?
2. Can you go to any zone at any level? And if so will there be dangers or does everything scale down?
3. Is it as heavy on fetch quests as most other current MMOs?
4. Is there anything at all that can be bought in a cash shop that actually affects play?
5. Is there keyboard and mouse support for PS4 or is it controller only?
6. What do you miss out on if you aren't a subscriber? 

Thanks!

Originally posted by Scagweed22
is it the graphics? the repetativenesses? i mean what is the point? you could be so much more productive in real life
Real life brings repetition and pointlessness too. The only thing real life offers is Great graphics. Its kinda expensive too and way to dependent on the cash shop. Totally pay to win as well. No thank you. Ill stick to my games.

Comments

• SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Hi

ESO is AWESOME!!

1) you can do almost all of the questing as part of a group.  I do almost all of my questing in groups.  you can't do the personal story line grouped, but most of the regular, guild, pve and pvp questing you can do grouped.  peepz sometimes say you can't, but you can if you're not like mmorpg dumb.

2) you can go anywhere and there are dangers... lots of them... I die a lot... because I am texting and arguing in Team Speak with my silly groups.

3) I think the quests are fun and not too bad of a percentage of fetch quests... lots of go kill something or someone, go check out this delve, the bounty board pvp quests in cryodiil are OMG fun!, dungeon type quests, dailies, even the crafting dailies are fun and earn you good crafting stuff and xp.

4) not really b2w, but you can get some xp boosts and crafting help from the cash shop. cash shop is a non factor in my ESO play... I think.

5) not sure about the PS4 stuff.

6) if you aren't a subscriber you don't get the unlimited, bottomless, account wide Crafting Bag, which is OMG! awesome!   you get some small gold and xp boosts for subscribing also and you get some Crowns montly to spend in the Cash Shop... I have like 19 thousand now and haven't really bought anything except a cool black & white, panda looking, bear mount that makes my butt sore when I ride it.

get to level 10 and start doing daily dungeons and daily bounty boards in cryodiil for TONS of fun... and do your own experimentation on class and specs because it if a blast coming up with stuff that is not normal!

Have Fun!

Sz :)
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited January 2017
    1. No. Some quests (main story line, some guild quests, etc..) are solo-only. But there are 1000's of quests literally. My guess is that >90% can be done grouped.
    2. Yes you can go anywhere at any time - all content is CP160. You are scaled up to it if you're below CP160 instead of it being scaled down to you. Challenge varies by type of mob within a zone than - Trolls, giants and mammoth are much tougher than rats or wolves. There are also different levels of elite mobs, open world dungeon bosses and world bosses in each zone. Some of those need groups to take down (or being much higher than CP160, and having great gear and good knowledge of the game mechanics)
    3. Quests in ESO are not your usual dumb variety you see in most other MMOs. There are a handful of fetch quests but they're rare.
    4. "Affects play" is pretty vague. Yes it does have a cash shop and yes it does have some convenience items that let you level-up faster, get a horse quicker, etc. But most everything there is of the fluffy vanity looks variety. What it doesn't have is anything whatsoever that will make you more powerful in PVE or PVP.
    5. No native M+KB support for PS4 but there are add-on gizmos you can buy for the PS4 that let you play any PS4 game that way (like the XIM4 for example.)
    6. Subbing gives you full access to all DLC you would otherwise need to buy. It gives you a bottomless crafting mat bag, 10% extra XP and gold drops and 1500 crowns per month for the cash shop... all for virtually the same price as just outright buying 1500 crowns.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

Without repeating a bunch of what's already been said the quests are damn good.  Yes, there are numerous fetch quests (particularly if you're a completionist trying to do Everything in each zone) BUT they are masked very well by well-written dialogue and top-notch voice acting.
    I find that even the fetch quests are engaging because it's not a simple "I dropped some shit, go get it".  Instead you might have a sting of quests about a character or two or three that have their own personalities that really shine through due to the dialogue.  You feel more like you're doing a tabletop RPG quest than the standard "kill 10 rats".

You didn't ask about it, but if you like to play with builds this is a good place to do it, particularly before you hit the endgame trials where you will need to tighten your scope more.

The biggest reason I'm not playing currently is because there's a playstyle that isn't really viable right now that I want to play.  Perhaps one day when they add more weapons it will work better but for now it's just not there.  I recognize it's my own nit-pick though and I don't hold it against the game TOO much.

Lastly, this game has the best post-cap progression system since EQ's AA points, easily.  So while you do hit a certain point and reach "the cap" for gear requirements you still earn champion points to further customize/beef up your character AND you earn them for doing absolutely everything...which with One Tamriel makes it even more amazing.

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    edited February 2017
    1) No.
    2) Yes, it's why I'm playing again, it's a world!
    3) No.
    4) boosts, same as all cash shops
    5) For the PC, Yes!
    6) The craft bag and DLC

I want to elaborate on the DLC a bit as two DLC Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood are literally must have's, they are what anchored me back into this mmo, update 12 hooked me, those DLC solidified my continued sub, along with the craft bag of course.
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    The only things I would add to the above are:

- as SaunZ says it is only some quests that you have to do solo. And they are not your "group content that can be done solo" quests but very, very solid "solo game" quests.
    - there are also quests that have to be done in groups
    - and then there is stuff that can be done in groups or in "co-op mode".

The xp "boosts" are there but players can also get bigger boosts from in-game equipment if they want and potions if they want. In my experience people don't bother which I think puts the boosts in context. Even if someone stacked them all it still wouldn't make a lot of difference - progression is a long process. 
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    you cant go to Cyrodil (PVP) until level 10.