Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chronicon, amazing ARPG!

RasereiRaserei Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

-Endless Progression
-ARPG with random loot Normal/Magic/Rare/Epic/Legendary plus Set items
-Enchanting gear
-Endless "Anomalies" which act as endless randomized dungeons
-5 Difficulty levels you can choose from at the very start.
-Skill builds with a lot of customization and variety!

Comments

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited January 2017
    Looks like it could be fun, but going to pass on early access. I will wait till it's done and see the reviews.

But it is pretty cheap, so I can understand why someone would just buy it and jump in right now. I just don't want to support EA games any more, personally.

• AoriAori Member EpicPosts: 4,180
    I can't do the graphic style unfortunately.
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,949
    Looks like it could be cool. I added it to my wishlist and will keep an eye on it. If they go full release I'll look further.
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,271
    I played that game back in the 90s, ohh wait.
    Pass.
  • SomethingUnusualSomethingUnusual Member UncommonPosts: 546
    It's like Gauntlet meets Reloaded... Heh. Going to have to check this one out.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,126
    Amazing game play or not, I just can't do those graphics. :|

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,436
    SBFord said:
    Amazing game play or not, I just can't do those graphics. :|
    I have to agree. Why can't we have a modern looking game with all these features?   Maybe fifteen years ago but not today. 
  • blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 12,352
    Super fun ARPG. Good music and great skill paths for each class to create your own style of play. Lots of content and a good loot. 

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 3,816
    Well, the aesthetics need some work, for sure. It looks fun to play, though.
    Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102 - GoG ID - 

Current playing: 
    Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Shadowbringers; EvE Online

"There is a fine line between consideration and hesitation. The former is wisdom, the latter is fear." Izaro Phrecius, Holy Emperor of the Eternal Empire, Last of Royal Phrecius Family.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    very much a 'retro' game from the 90's, it would probably do well on smart phones, not sure it will on PC. :o
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,949
    Phry said:
    very much a 'retro' game from the 90's, it would probably do well on smart phones, not sure it will on PC. :o
    It's only $10 and has full controller support. I think it could work great on mobile, but it's good to have it on PC too. Until I buy a controller that works on my mobile device I would still rather play on my PC just for the screen size.
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Torval said:
    Phry said:
    It's only $10 and has full controller support. I think it could work great on mobile, but it's good to have it on PC too. Until I buy a controller that works on my mobile device I would still rather play on my PC just for the screen size.
    Perhaps, i just think there would be a bigger market for games like this on Itunes, google play etc. 
  • frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 643
    I saw this a few days ago. It looks interesting and is cheap enough, but that first line under 'Why Early Access?' locked up the brakes for me.

"Chronicon is a large project for just one person to maintain, so I ask the Steam community to participate in the development."

Haven't seen too many one man show/extremely small team EA games get to the finish line once they start pulling the early access money in and I'm tired of having to accept the WYSIWYG terms of it all. My library size and Hero's Song cards suggest I'm not very frugal or discerning with my Steam purchases, but... fool me once, shame on you, fool me 234 times, shame on me.
  • coretex666coretex666 Member EpicPosts: 3,838
    I dont mind oldschool graphics, but this art style is ugly, for me.
  • RasereiRaserei Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    Streaming the game right now: 

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,038
    Generic. Tired and over used graphic style that offers nothing new. Game play that is the same as all the other similar looking games. Meh.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member EpicPosts: 8,560
    Super fun ARPG. Good music and great skill paths for each class to create your own style of play. Lots of content and a good loot. 
    The turtle also moves when it reaches a good game.
  • Gymrat313Gymrat313 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Yeah that graphics could be better, but the gameplay is superior to a lot of the crap that has "nice graphics"

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,230
    Wait a minute... I recognize this.... Guantlet!? Is that you?!
  • LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 646
    Released July 2015, currently February of 2017. Have waaaaaay too many unfinished EA games in my Steam Library. Not going to waste time on anymore until they look promising enough to actually finish.