Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Calling all "old" members!

Comments

• fl0wfl0w Member UncommonPosts: 25
    I have to be the oldest member nobody remembers. I'm one of those lurkers.
  • DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359
    I've been a member longer than some of these posters have been alive. Feel like a pervert lurking around here.
  • NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member RarePosts: 1,071

Don't mind me, I'm just napping like usual.

Fishing on Gilgamesh since 2013
  • mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    Yep long time no see, new account forgot old one (or I got superbanned, dont recall and I plead the 5th) LOL

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    Dekron said:
    I've been a member longer than some of these posters have been alive. Feel like a pervert lurking around here.
    Haha, i know how you feel.  This month marks 14 years since i joined.
  • JF3000JF3000 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    edited June 2016
    People from the old days, that was so long ago...Joined May 2004
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Serien said:

Hey guys (this is the point that if you don't remember me, Murt, you're not in this category under which the title of the thread describes, haha)

Matt and I have been recently rounding up members from the good ole' days and it'd be fantastic to be able to get in touch with some of you guys again. We've (well...mostly KT (KillerTwinkie) -- who will not be referred to as Matt) rounded up Finwe and Kiamde (and me, of course). BUT, as I've mentioned, it'd be fantastic to get more of the 'old' members back together.

And I'm not talking we spend hundreds of dollars and fly out to one spot for a few beers, I'm just saying electronically ...hell, Matt found Kiamde over facebook! Nonetheless, Matt and I exchanged numbers years ago, just got Finwe's a couple days ago -- well, basically what I'm trying to say is that if we can grab you on facebook, that would be great. If not, find some other way of getting in touch with us!

Oh, and by the last paragraph,  I, in NO WAY meant to imply that one day in the future we can all go on a hunting trip. Hell, I'll lead. I need to top my record 9 point buck anyway :)

-Murt 

I joined this site in 2004 and have stayed at least semi-active since then. I do not recognize either name you are saying you posted under.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited July 2016
    Hatefull said:
    Serien said:

Hey guys (this is the point that if you don't remember me, Murt, you're not in this category under which the title of the thread describes, haha)

Matt and I have been recently rounding up members from the good ole' days and it'd be fantastic to be able to get in touch with some of you guys again. We've (well...mostly KT (KillerTwinkie) -- who will not be referred to as Matt) rounded up Finwe and Kiamde (and me, of course). BUT, as I've mentioned, it'd be fantastic to get more of the 'old' members back together.

And I'm not talking we spend hundreds of dollars and fly out to one spot for a few beers, I'm just saying electronically ...hell, Matt found Kiamde over facebook! Nonetheless, Matt and I exchanged numbers years ago, just got Finwe's a couple days ago -- well, basically what I'm trying to say is that if we can grab you on facebook, that would be great. If not, find some other way of getting in touch with us!

Oh, and by the last paragraph,  I, in NO WAY meant to imply that one day in the future we can all go on a hunting trip. Hell, I'll lead. I need to top my record 9 point buck anyway :)

-Murt 

I joined this site in 2004 and have stayed at least semi-active since then. I do not recognize either name you are saying you posted under.
    Well, I remember Murt/Serien.  And you're responding to a 5 year old post.  Serien hasn't logged in since 2013.

I remember your avatar but not you.  Personally, I never expect anyone to remember me. Maybe my avatar since it hasn't been changed since creation.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • XeximaXexima Member UncommonPosts: 2,697
    edited July 2016
    What's up guys, just checking in.  Kinda miss the debates, arguments, jokes, and general debauchery from the days of old.  I stop in from time to time, but I'm mostly bull shitting on reddit nowadays.  Honestly I just came here to look at some old posts to see how much of a moron/genius that I was in the past.  Keep on keepin on.

Heh, I remember why I miss you guys now, even if I didn't agree with ya, you guys still made decent arguments and attempted to back them up with facts.  I mean, I still think you're a bunch of nitwits, but I give you props for trying.
    Post edited by Xexima on
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Xexima said:
    What's up guys, just checking in.  Kinda miss the debates, arguments, jokes, and general debauchery from the days of old.  I stop in from time to time, but I'm mostly bull shitting on reddit nowadays.  Honestly I just came here to look at some old posts to see how much of a moron/genius that I was in the past.  Keep on keepin on.

Heh, I remember why I miss you guys now, even if I didn't agree with ya, you guys still made decent arguments and attempted to back them up with facts.  I mean, I still think you're a bunch of nitwits, but I give you props for trying.

welcome back. 

You need to learn the following:  Free to Play or f2p.  Pay to win or p2w.

Finally, you need to know that some people are proud that they haven't spent a penny on a game in five years and are unhappy about how the industry is not making their game.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Xexima said:

Off topic hasn't been the same since the sub forum that shall not be named was added and then removed.  Personally, I don't miss that forum but I do miss the the old crowd. 
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • tyrapaulstyrapauls Member CommonPosts: 7
    M new here but I love dz place
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Grunty said:
    Hatefull said:
    Serien said:

-Murt 

Well, I remember Murt/Serien.  And you're responding to a 5 year old post.  Serien hasn't logged in since 2013.

I remember your avatar but not you.  Personally, I never expect anyone to remember me. Maybe my avatar since it hasn't been changed since creation.
    It's stickied for a reason. And if I posted it was because it ended up on the front page, so one can deduce that it was active at the time I did post. For the record I don't remember seeing your name either.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    Here

• MuraisMurais Member UncommonPosts: 1,118
    I LIVE AGAIN!! (dun dun dun dun dun DUN dun dun dunnnnn)

Sort of. Came to check and see if there's anything new and neat on the horizon, got nostalgic about rumbling in the Off-Topic section and stumbled upon this thread.
  • daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695
    Another year rolls on... hope all are well!
  • KoltraneKoltrane Member UncommonPosts: 1,049
    edited February 2017
    It's been many years since I visited the site and even longer since I logged on. Somehow I managed to remember my old password.

I joined close to 15 years ago. I was a staff member for at least two and covered E3 for MMORPG.com in 2005. I was pleased to see that my old articles are still up, including the original MMORPG.com reviews of WoW and EQ2 (!!)

I fell out of MMOs around 07 and have really been disappointed in the genre. WoW, as fun and successful as it was, turned the genre sour for me. I've dabbled with Tera, Neverwinter, and Project1999, but I just can't seem to rekindle the love I one had for fantasy MMOs. 

I read about Pantheon and decided to come here for info, and it really was a homecoming in some ways. The site is far different, but it still has the same old look and feel. I remember Kunou, Clever_Glove, @Malkavian, Finwe, Kiamde, Neschria, JustinJoseph, Craig "Admin" McGregor (of course) and several others from my time here. And, yes, I remember Murt.

And for you old schoolers like me who know who this is, I found this in my gmail from 2005. It's a letter from the late Gary Gygax, the creator of the original Dungeons and Dragons, discussing Lejendary Adventures Online which, sadly, never came to pass:

Gary Gygax <[email protected]>

1/27/05
    to me
    Greetings Reed!

Welcome, and my thanks for the good words regardng the LAO game. There will be a couple of meetings with potential financial backersnext month, but as with all such deals, getting one that doesn't want the whole store is iffy;)

Anyway, I'll see that Dan gets your email message.

Ciao,
    Gary
    Post edited by Koltrane on

-----

Old timer.

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642
    Well , Muahahahaha  greeting from a Galaxy, Far far Away ... You might remember me ..

I am currently fighting the greatest Evil  https://youtu.be/fTZJZStj8co   on Twitter   https://twitter.com/RodoJestor  Its my sincere hope that you have fallen to the Dark Side.   Be Well , May the Froce be with you and  Love that Jestor !

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• VioletteViolette Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Just noticed all of the badges I got for being here. Thank you!
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    Well , Muahahahaha  greeting from a Galaxy, Far far Away ... You might remember me ..

I am currently fighting the greatest Evil  https://youtu.be/fTZJZStj8co   on Twitter   https://twitter.com/RodoJestor  Its my sincere hope that you have fallen to the Dark Side.   Be Well , May the Froce be with you and  Love that Jestor !
    I remember you, mostly for getting into flame wars with people back in the day. xD
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Renald88Renald88 Member CommonPosts: 2
    Where to start...15yes of games and toons
  • Renald88Renald88 Member CommonPosts: 2
    But I am hyped for Panthoen MMO. Back to the game table.
  • SaLvOtvSaLvOtv Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Hello
    [Deleted User]
  • Maotaichi737Maotaichi737 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    @markia
    @markia2
    halooooo
  • DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359
    SaLvOtv said:
    Hello
    GTFO  >:) Only us old bastards are allowed here.
    [Deleted User]