Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would you like to see in the next expansion?

2»

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    We should make Blizzard do that to get money out of us..
    Ok Blizzard you want your 15 bucks this month,well buy my online T-shirt for 30 bucks first,then i'll give you your 15 bucks.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TENTINGTENTING Member UncommonPosts: 262
    edited February 2017
    kitarad said:
    TENTING said:
    Been awhile since I have seen this thread the last time.

I still stand by, what I have said originally in this thread, but will add, that if anything destroyed WoW, it was the crowd who made Blizzard bow.

WoW is now a RNG chaos, because Blizzard decided to nod, every time some people said "We dont like xyz, change it"

Then we ended up with the current game.
     And it cant be saved, not imo.

The people who enjoyed the game up till and including MoP, got run over by the truck of "We dont like anything crowd and will force Blizzard to its knees, if they dont comply"

And where are those complainers now, that they got the result of their complaints? 
    Well they are not sticking around to clean up the mess they created.

And yes one can argue a company always have the final say in changes, but companies have to survive somehow, they are so extremely vulnerable.

But hey, some people dont play WoW for the sake of the game, but rather to just have a free chatforum to debate meme's and global events.  So what do I really know.
    Not much really. Beats me what people want these days, but destroying games seems wildly popular.
    The bit you talked about the chat forum is very true. I used to see this in SWTOR people sitting in that place what was it called now sorry you know where the main hub was anyway they were there everyday for days talking. The same people each time I came back there on my adventures. They never leave they just stay there and talk.

WoW can be saved if they undo what they have done they can go back to the 3 tree and freedom to spec if they want to. They can do away with heirlooms and make cc count again. Why can't they make servers like that no need vanila just change some of the things.

Sure, it might work. 

Its just that, things have a certain way of evolving a community and its way of doing things.

When MoP introduced challenge modes, people started getting the idea that all dungeons can basically be pulled in one go.
     A lot of highranked guilds already pulled dungeons all in one go dating back already in Vanilla, ignoring CC, but back then it was not yet common to do in pugs.
     Now with Mythics that are on a timer it has gotten even increasingly worse. 

And its the most puzzling thing really. People have asked for harder content, people get harder content, but it waters down into the content that was meant to be easier. To the point where people with no heirlooms are no longer welcome in a simple lowlvl dungeon or if a player has quests to do in a dungeon, there will not be given time to do them.

So players ask for harder content, Blizz gives it, people get used to harder content, and now the consequences of that shows in all other areas of the game.

And changing that back, it wont be solved by just stripping people off their heirlooms or making dungeons that requires CC.
     People have been educated by gamedesign to rush everything, they have learned this is the way to do things.

I dont think people can unlearn now. I very much doubt it. But who knows, maybe.
    I just think if CC is needed in dungeons, there will always be skilled players skipping it and the crowd of people who wants to equal the skilled people they see around them, they will try to do the same and then rage when their groups wipe.

Its the specific education of players, that would have to be undone, but how do we do that?

• stromp45stromp45 Member UncommonPosts: 159
    Id love to see a flying xpac we had one under the water i think it would be cool fighting on your flying mounts and landing on clouds to fight land base mobs .

• siliencysiliency Member UncommonPosts: 3
    @stromp45 if I'm not mistaken, there is a fan concept expansion that was basically it. A expansion most based on queen azshara and nagas fighting most underwater.
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Wizardry said:
    I have one biggie...

How about quit with the lame marketing strategy of having desirable items had ONLY by purchasing copies of OTHER games that nobody cares about.
    Blizzard does this with all their games,it forces up sales way higher than they should be and makes them more money than it should.

This kind of lame cross game itemization is a really unfair lame way to treat your customers.If you make a pet for Wow keep it in WOW,make an item for Diablo keep it in Diablo and so on and so on.

Even ideas like giving items to people who go to Blizzcon is extremely lame.Not everyone can go to those events,many people live right close to those events.Everything is a BRIBE with Blizzard,if you want this or that,well go spend 50 bucks in that other game we run first or buy some Blizzcon ticket even though you can't make it,just so you can get that item in game.

It is called 101 BS !!!.

I actually like it. The items are not needed to play the game , so stop the whining, which I know is impossible for you when it comes to Blizz.

If they keep going the direction they re going I ll be happy, The game has improved and continues to improve since Legions launch.

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    I'd love to see a complete revamp of the entire game.

All the enormous amount of content is wasted for players to pass by in the speed of lightning, then they spend weeks or months in the same area, and do the same activities and daily quests every day. Where's the fun in that.

I'd like the game go back to its roots and be a mmorpg once again instead of action arcade mmog. The current game you could port on cell phones and microwave ovens.
    Soki123 said:
    Wizardry said:
    I have one biggie...

How about quit with the lame marketing strategy of having desirable items had ONLY by purchasing copies of OTHER games that nobody cares about.
    Blizzard does this with all their games,it forces up sales way higher than they should be and makes them more money than it should.

This kind of lame cross game itemization is a really unfair lame way to treat your customers.If you make a pet for Wow keep it in WOW,make an item for Diablo keep it in Diablo and so on and so on.

Even ideas like giving items to people who go to Blizzcon is extremely lame.Not everyone can go to those events,many people live right close to those events.Everything is a BRIBE with Blizzard,if you want this or that,well go spend 50 bucks in that other game we run first or buy some Blizzcon ticket even though you can't make it,just so you can get that item in game.

It is called 101 BS !!!.

I actually like it. The items are not needed to play the game , so stop the whining, which I know is impossible for you when it comes to Blizz.

If they keep going the direction they re going I ll be happy, The game has improved and continues to improve since Legions launch.

I wont deny that the game kept improving up to and including MoP.
    After that WoW turned into a different kind of game, that I can no longer recognize and does not seem to suit any of the areas of the game that I used to enjoy.

However that is how I perceive things.

What interest me is to learn about what you as a fan of the current game, finds of interest in the current game?  And what you prefer in the game now, compared to the previous design of the game?

Nyctelios said:
    I remember Blizzard saying, before WoD, that the upcoming 2 expansions would be the last and the game would go on auto mode. 

Did they changed anything on that regards?

I dont remember them saying that, but what they did say when they announced WoD at the end of MoP, was that they already had the next 5 Xpacs planned.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Nyctelios said:
    I remember Blizzard saying, before WoD, that the upcoming 2 expansions would be the last and the game would go on auto mode. 

I don't recall them ever saying that. They did say, however, that they will continue updating the game as long as there's interest.

“With WoW what we found is that we didn’t want to stop playing the game and therefore we didn’t want to stop making the game. So for as long as we’re interested in playing we’ll be interested in making it. As far as we can tell we’re still going strong, this expansion has a ton of stuff to do it’s really hard to put the beta down. Like you start playing and you always want to get the last upgrade, the last world quests in for your bounties and stuff, and it’s really engaging. So yeah, we don’t see the end quite yet.”

• DztBlkDztBlk Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Better graphics and animated moves  with impact (sheesh let me atleast make me feel like I'm hitting something), and the ability to cast and move maybe?  More freedom on the appearance of your toon.  This is all VERY important to me.  VERY.  I swear I would probably be a long term veteran player by now if I could just get past the CRAPPY graphics.  So probably not what you're looking for, but it is purely an aesthetic thing for me.  I cannot even get into the content for long because of it.  Yuck!
  • Kunai_VaxKunai_Vax Member RarePosts: 527
    Nyctelios said:

I remember them saying there were only 3 more expacs after cata before the game was wrapped up.
    That obviously changed though, and the last info i remember hearing from them was that they had the next 3-5 expacs planned out. That was during the Blizcon Q&A i think. 

• Jonnyp2Jonnyp2 Member UncommonPosts: 243
    edited February 2017
    jmalmin said:
    Only thing they need to do is get ride of the Legendarys. Make them how they used to be back in the day. I hope for new and improved artefact weapons or something similar in the next expansion. 
    I don't think Blizzard wants to limit legendary drops to 1% of the playerbase anymore.  The current system is mostly fine, it's exciting to see a legendary drop pop up.  However there are some issues with balance; it's bad when certain classes have a specific legendary that offers a massive dps increase while their other legendarys offer nothing but ilvl.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    A roll back on the classes on skills and talents just before they removed the talent tree system. WoW's classes are so cookie cutter and simple a monkey could design a class build that would work. So for me, I  guess what I want from WoW is not going to happen =-)
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    A better way to mitigate RNG, for the love of dog.
    DMKano said:
    Aliens.

Would love to see proper alien invasions.
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Draenei

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    4 months WoW-Free! No withdrawal symptoms...Natta.
    Life is MUCH better without Borecraft. I wish you all well. :)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Aori said:
    Remove the faction boundaries, add open world contestable points, Guilds owning the points get a % gold value of all loot dropped in the zone. 

and how does that effect the 65% that are PvE only
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Avanah said:
    4 months WoW-Free! No withdrawal symptoms...Natta.
    Life is MUCH better without Borecraft. I wish you all well. :)
    This has what to do with the thread subject exactly?
  • JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 674
    I want to see more transparency between pve and pvp gear stats. The resilience kinda killed it.
  • Koukos2004Koukos2004 Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Better community..i quit just for that reason...too many "kids" play this game...go back to lol pls.
    I want to see more transparency between pve and pvp gear stats. The resilience kinda killed it.

Resilience is removed.
    edited February 2017
    Aori said:
    Remove the faction boundaries, add open world contestable points, Guilds owning the points get a % gold value of all loot dropped in the zone. 

They tried contestable points in late vanila and TBC. 
    Most players ignored them, the rewards were crap and those that bothered with them got bored very quickly. 
    Dont know if you've played Legion but world PVP is so un-ballanced its not even funny. 

Aori said:
    Horusra said:
    Aori said:

and how does that effect the 65% that are PvE only
    The question was what I would like. Also no faction boundaries is a boon to all, particularly the PvE players.

Despite popular belief, the majority likes PvP, particularly zerg style when it is their choice. I've seen many PvE players get swept away in zerg pvp raids and have a blast.

I would like to see your study.