Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will this be the best ADULT survival game?

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
Sure there have been a lot of survival games. DayZ, Ark, RUST. Some (like RUST) have nudity, but nudity itself does NOT make it adult. It only is "adult" if you are in oppressive Middle-east, America and Australia. Everywhere else, its completely normal.

However, the part where the adult theme comes in is how bloody, gory and how X-rated the world of Conan is. No other survival game has exploding bodies with parts and blood everywhere. There is no survival game with as mature of a world as Conan. There is no survival game with blood. Kill zombies in DayZ? No blood at all. Kill animals or other people in RUST? No blood at all. Ark? As kid friendly as any game could ever be, Ark can be played by elementary school kids because how kiddy it is. When I tried Ark, it feels like I'm a pervert playing a game made to be as kid friendly as possible

Sure, maybe that in itself does not make a game. But the world of conan is savage. There are slaves (which is very adult oriented content, but many people in America will be highly offended by it, which is good as once certain News picks it up, free advertising for Conan. Imagine a parent lets their kid buy it and then sees they have a slave or multiple slaves? Imagine the shitstorm the news will make out of it), there is blood, sex, nudity, gore, blood, savagery...all that makes it the first survival game made for ADULTS. Not a kid friendly game at all. 

I am VERY excited for this, though won't be buying it till next month (which is coming up anyway) because too low on money this month. The first actual adult survival game made for adults, not kids. Granted, kids will play it anyway and there'll be a lot of pissed off parents.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Comments

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    I always felt Age of Conan was the only true Mature mmo I've ever played, even including others with a Mature rating. Wouldn't surprise me at all as it's the same developer and IP.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    I'm kind of hoping they'll tone down the carnage a bit. Not because I find it offensive but because it's a bit over-the-top ridiculous.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    There will probably be more kids playing it just for the nudity alone.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Sovrath said:
    I'm kind of hoping they'll tone down the carnage a bit. Not because I find it offensive but because it's a bit over-the-top ridiculous.
    yeah, the blood is awesome (every survival game really lacks that). But I do agree, while it is nice...from what I've seen in livestreams...yeah it is rather excessive. Goes to the unrealistic category. Granted, having no blood at all is pretty unimmersive.

Didn't Age of Conan have over the top blood as well? Pretty sure I recall it being super overly bloody.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Sovrath said:
    yeah, the blood is awesome (every survival game really lacks that). But I do agree, while it is nice...from what I've seen in livestreams...yeah it is rather excessive. Goes to the unrealistic category. Granted, having no blood at all is pretty unimmersive.

Didn't Age of Conan have over the top blood as well? Pretty sure I recall it being super overly bloody.
    I think they should have the blood just not have the bodies explode like they do.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Sovrath said:
    Sovrath said:

I think they should have the blood just not have the bodies explode like they do.
    Maybe they were going for a Kill Bill approach :P

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Somebody is trying extra hard to be an edgelord but either way, adult =/= mature. 

Digital gore and nudity attracts the immature as someone already stated.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • ImutoneImutone Member UncommonPosts: 20
    It's ironic how blood, gore, and sex attracts the younger crowd when the purpose was to draw in the older crowd.

Basically, this image does all the talking. 

• TENTINGTENTING Member UncommonPosts: 262
    I have the impression that survival games are meant to be rough and barbaric, so no issue there.
    Not my cup of tea, so I dont play them, easy enough.

The thing that worries me slightly, is that when people say adult, Id like to raise a hand over here in the other adult group that prefer no violence and no gore.

But its not that I dont understand that the games are rated adult, because its content allowed for adults and not kids.
     Also fine.

I am just hoping for a game that is also addressed to adults, just of a more peaceful kind. Maybe addressed to the parents, that so many people seem to collide with, when its about what should or should not be allowed in games?

In some games, people tell others to go play farmville or pokemon, if they dont like extreme attitudes or extreme hard content, but while I am sure those games are okay also, for the target audience, Id just like to say that I prefer MMORPGs.

And its not all bad, ESO is pretty good in that regard, for me anyway. It is very close to having all the elements I prefer as the kind of adult I am.

The word adult just rings so strangely to me, when people seem to think that you are only an adult if you like violence all over the place.

There is a large group, including those pesky annoying parents, who likes to limit the extreme games, that can sign up as adults of many ages, who have no interest in a game similar to Conan exiles.
     Not all of us have an issue with Conan existing, we would just like a game, that is also addressed to adults, instead of being told to go play games directly designed for children.

Intelligence is always relative from person to person, but I am pretty sure the IQ does not drop to 50, just because you as an adult sign on in the, no violence, group. And the peace crowd of adults, does not suddenly develop a taste for 3 piece puzzles just because they prefer no violence.

It really is okay to be adult and not like violence and extreme stimuli from games and movies.
    Especially if you are a sensitive person and is not afraid to admit you are, it really is okay to ask for a good game, while still being selective with its content.    

Anyway, maybe it was a bit off topic or not really an appropriate input in a specific Conan exiles Thread. 
    if so I apologize.

I hope you guys enjoy your game! 

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Surely the next step has to be a Love Island MMO or Survival, I think we are heading towards that direction.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    The "mature" rating should really be renamed "horny teen boy magnet"
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    If its rated M I'm fine with it's content. 

Doesn't impress me however, or make me want to play it anymore or less.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited January 2017
    It has, but optional, you can turn it off, and then it's just "generic" bloody :wink:  When not turned off... yep, it has blood spilled on your face (on the screen), body parts flew in slow motion, etc. 
    As stated above by several posters already, it's mostly for them kidz...
    Iselin said:
    The "mature" rating should really be renamed "horny teen boy magnet"
    This.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Sovrath said:
    Never!!
  • GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893
    I saw bodies explode but I want to beable to hack off arms and legs  and gouge out eyeballs or cut players breasts off .

Also being able to remove players intestines while they are still alive would be fun .

More gore .   More carnage,  more sex .
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    People that think hanging dongs and tacos and some blood spatter and exploding bodies makes it an "adult" game are morons. It feed to the juvenile delinquents that infest games these days. You want the lowest forms of society to play your game? Give them this sort of stupidity.

But thats what you get when you make games like this that dont have any long lasting playability. You grab them with the 'controversy' before they realise they are bored out of their minds about 10 hours into the game.

The only reason ARK has (sort of) worked is because of all the modders and mods that have come out including new maps and environments (some incorporated into the game officially) as well as some RP segments that stream it rather consistently.

Conan will get some streamers for a month or two probably then that will be it. It obviously wont have the mod support or the 'content' ARK has so the streamers will go back to that or Arma. Conan MIGHT hold some of the guys who were still trying to stream Rust and DayZ or Misconception but if thoise are the only people theyre retaining they have along road.

This is the epitome of what is 'wrong' with these new age games these days. Release crap, hope it has some wow factor, claim youre going to 'make it better' then stop once you spend all the money and no new money is coming in.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Right now the nudity is a gimmick to get players attention.  When it launches all kinds of bells and whistles will go off and that will be the end of that.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 648
    I'd think someone getting hacked to death with an ax is "adult" regardless of blood and gore. SWG could have been considered "adult" if you got the right people together in the right cantina at the right times. That's why MMOs come with the "experiences may vary" tag.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Yeah I turned that crap off, not a prude, I just find it to be petty potty humor. 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
     there is blood, sex, nudity, gore, blood, savagery...all that makes it the first survival game made for ADULTS. 

I am VERY excited for this, though won't be buying it till next month (which is coming up anyway) because too low on money this month. The first actual adult survival game made for adults, not kids. Granted, kids will play it anyway and there'll be a lot of pissed off parents.

Storyline dictates maturity of a game, not tits and gore.. especially not over the top excessive gore..  Tits and gore are more likely to attract an immature audience.

The Age of Conan was mature because it's storyline tackled adult stories and themes, not because of tits and blood.  This game has no meaningful storyline. 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Well to claim the crown of best "mature" or adult survival game they are probably going to have to put some serious effort into improving the game play first.

Seems pretty run of the mill so far.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Take a chill pill bro.  You have taken this to a level that is not normal.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    The only people who label things as "adult" are people who are assigning a regulatory label on something or children. No adult goes around looking for adult things.

"Pardon me good sir, but can you point me in the direction of the adult beverage store?"

"What websites might I find some adult interaction videos?"

I've been an "adult" for 17 years now and you know what the best part of being an adult is? Mother f*ing ice cream for breakfast! That's right kids, go ask mommy, I got this rocky road on lock.