Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

POLL: Will you play Conan Exiles?

Comments

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    I'd change my vote to "No" if I could. The more I saw, the worse it looked.
  • TofkeTofke Member UncommonPosts: 342
    Nope, looks horrible (animations, gameplay,...) I started to wonder if this was made by some inexperienced indie team. Also... too tame for a Conan IP.
  • TintagilTintagil Member UncommonPosts: 214
    I selected maybe, but I'm leaning hard toward yes. I'm a fan of the all that I've seen so far, but I want to wait a bit longer to get a sense of how well the game is put together before I drop my money on it. 
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    I'll play eventually..... once they develop it more and get the kinks out.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• maybebakedmaybebaked Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Looks bad. I also find the nudity in these games strange.
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    Yes I have played it and it isn't that good at all.  It is basically a reskin of Arc which is better IMO at gameplay.  The graphics may be a little better but the game itself leaves a lot to be desired.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Already am, and will for the foreseeable future. I see this and Tyranny (which I also just bought) occupying my gaming time for quite awhile. 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    I love the Conan IP and I like the idea of a survival game.  However, I'm not a fan of open full loot PVP.  Not to mention I would be going into this game alone so I probably wouldn't last long.  But it's Conan.  Ughh the dilemma. 

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    rodingo said:
    I love the Conan IP and I like the idea of a survival game.  However, I'm not a fan of open full loot PVP.  Not to mention I would be going into this game alone so I probably wouldn't last long.  But it's Conan.  Ughh the dilemma. 
    You can play on a pve server, make your own server, play locally.
    Forgrimm said:
    rodingo said:
    Yep, I've been playing locally myself. 

• IRandomIRandom Member UncommonPosts: 15
    edited February 2017
    Not gonna play - "survival" games like these are not my thing. However, I'll still watch streamers do amusing things in this game on Twitch.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I played so much Ark over the summer that I am kind of survival gamed out.  I\ll wait a while and see what others are saying.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Well, I've played 2 hours today, learned a lot and enjoyed myself. Taking a bit getting used to dying and losign everything and then gathering everything again. I suppose that will be mitigated once I'm high enough to start stockpiling gear.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    edited February 2017
    Haven't tried it yet. I will this weekend.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
    edited February 2017
    DMKano said:
    Distopia said:

While you can do this - and maybe fun for some - sort of like playing a game of football by yourself..... aka very limited appeal and little longevity.
    Well there is multiplayer, hell I still play M&B Warband Multiplayer, this offers a lot more in that realm to me, so I'll certainly get some longevity out of it. I'm only doin Sp because it's more stable and I wanna learn how to play.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Distopia said:
    Forgrimm said:
    rodingo said:
    Yeh I forgot I saw that option in Ripper's video.  I hope the mob AI is, or will be, up to snuff at release time if it isn't already.  I'm hoping they will have a rule set, mod, or whatever that will prevent the full loot part then I will gladly try the PVP in the game.

Since I got tired of some of the cheesiness in 7 Days to Die,  mainly the "heat" mechanic, I've been wanting to play another survival game.  I hear Ark would bring my 5 year old computer to it's knees so I have ruled that one out for now.  

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    if I could try it first, maybe

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Nah. Survival crafting games range from unplayable to mediocre. 
  • someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    Maybe. I do like the setting, but I want to wait where they go with this game first. I don't want to burn out on a game before it leaves EA. Also, the current state of the game is just not worth the price.
  • URMAKERURMAKER Member UncommonPosts: 671
    meh maybe down the road. watched a ton of gameplay off twitch but wasn't impressed. i did beta and launch for AoC and this looks worst in its current state.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    I was gonna wait... but then my friends dragged me along... :'(

So far it's been fun, but... it's got a long way to go before it'll rival 7D2D for me... but that one's got a serious headstart on CE. Hopefully they'll get there in time as well.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    edited February 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Twitch : dren_utogi
    rodingo said:
    Distopia said:
    Forgrimm said:
    rodingo said:
    Yeh I forgot I saw that option in Ripper's video.  I hope the mob AI is, or will be, up to snuff at release time if it isn't already.  I'm hoping they will have a rule set, mod, or whatever that will prevent the full loot part then I will gladly try the PVP in the game.

Since I got tired of some of the cheesiness in 7 Days to Die,  mainly the "heat" mechanic, I've been wanting to play another survival game.  I hear Ark would bring my 5 year old computer to it's knees so I have ruled that one out for now.  
    There is such a setting in the server options (no looting). Yeah if you want good AI I wouldn't buy yet for sure. We'll see how they handle that over the coming months.

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    I am a bit confused about the 35g install size. Is there another game hidden inside? O.o
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    After a few months or after the first big wipe (dupe exploit etc)

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file