Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online - Bring On Morrowind – A New Chapter This June - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageElder Scrolls Online - Bring On Morrowind – A New Chapter This June - MMORPG.com

Elder Scrolls Online is launching their first standalone Chapter this June. ESO: Morrowind launches on the 15 year anniversary of the Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, and brings players in direct contact with Vivec as he tries to stop something terrible from happening in Vvardenfell. With the new 30+ hour storyline comes a new class (Warden), a new Trial, PVP Battlegrounds, and more. We’re unpacking the announcement and reacting to it all in this week’s column.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849
    edited February 2017

Hyped. I just came back to ESO and while it's so sickeningly casual I love playing it nevertheless. I have faith they recaptured some of Morrowind spirit since it was an amazing RPG. Minus the combat, the graphics and the sometimes annoying factions.

And cliff racers.

And that guy who says:

"Ahh yes, we've been expecting you. You'll have to be recorded before you're officially released. There are a few ways we can do this, and the choice is yours."

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• mmrvmmrv Member RarePosts: 305
    Wanna be hyped but the first thing they show us in the trailer is the same old clockworks i been fighting since level 5 of the release...when are these mmo dev's going to get a clue, encounters and combat are 90% of the gameplay it doesnt matter if I am in a jungle or snowy mountain if I am slugging it out with the same monsters that fight the exact same way its just ZzzzzzzZZZZZz, so if im not playing the new class there is very little that will last more than a few days of new car shine.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    This will definitely bring me back to the game.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    It's gonna be good. Never been a big fan of ESO being a massive ES fan, but been badly hooked ever since i checked out update 12. Then they throw housing at us, cool i say, and now they tell us we can explore Vvardenfell, Hello! I probably spent more time playing Morrowind than all sp games I've ever played combined, so i guess i could say I'm a little more than pumped. lol
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    Would definitely of preferred a Morrowind revamp, but I'm happy for ESO players. 

I'd be a bit concerned about the PvP battlegrounds sucking players away from Cyrodiil. If the battlegrounds offer better rewards then it could pretty much kill off Cyrodiil which would suck as the open pvp is one of it's better features. 

That said, if this provides a valid way to level to cap then it might be something I'd consider. I hate pve grinds and ESO's shallow combat and long grind to cap has always turned me away from the game. If I could reasonably level to cap through battlegrounds I might finally buy the game. 
  • chelvaricchelvaric Member UncommonPosts: 47
    in the stream they said that you can get to 50 in morrowwind alone
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    edited February 2017
    after my hype high settled. "Morrowind will be the game’s largest zone to date" ...

that didnt fall right with me considering we already have this zone as a starter zone- am i wrong? are they just adding a big new story to an existing zone?- if so, this is disappointing.
  • chelvaricchelvaric Member UncommonPosts: 47

orbitxo said:

after my hype high settled. "Morrowind will be the game’s largest zone to date" ...

that didnt fall right with me considering we already have this zone as a starter zone- am i wrong? are they just adding a big new story to an existing zone?- if so, this is disappointing.

isn't the starter zone just a realy small part of islands of morrow wind? this would add the whole of morrow wind to the game
  • FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    Cool! Thanks for sharing some exciting news! June is so far away, but it is my birthday month, so...birthday gift to myself?

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• BisloboBislobo Member UncommonPosts: 27
    ESO is nailing it.
  • Krynt0kKrynt0k Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Battlegrounds look fun
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    orbitxo said:

It looks like they are adding Vvardenfell. That's a huge island.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    I think my money is going to Stormblood and FFXIV right now. At least I can enjoy all aspects of the game with solid performance. I logged into ESO for a week recently and it still has high ping, lag, performance issues along with much concern (still) with cheat engine and exploits.

• viletot0viletot0 Member UncommonPosts: 73
    I have been struggling the past few weeks trying to settle on one mmo since I don't have time to dedicate to multiple ones. This announcement may have finally made the decision for me
  • TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    Typical since I actually uninstalled this game to make space on my drive and not too sure how I Feel about the DLC anyway... I might give it a shot some other time.
    TheScavenger

imageimage

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    I was hyped but now not so much because word is it also come with a gear cap increase. The last thing i want to do in this game is grind for more gear after i finally got my character geared the way i wanted him and it took a long time to do it.
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402

Hariken said:

I was hyped but now not so much because word is it also come with a gear cap increase. The last thing i want to do in this game is grind for more gear after i finally got my character geared the way i wanted him and it took a long time to do it.

Considering the expac apparently has its own character tutorial instead of the Wailing Prison that drop you in Vvanderfell, it sound more like it is intended to bring new players into the game than adding elder content.

I also don't see the point of increasing the gear cap with One Tamriel being a thing. Do they intend to make group content soloable for people with high enough gear or something?
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Sovrath said:
    orbitxo said:

It looks like they are adding Vvardenfell. That's a huge island.
    It's big but just roughly the size of any typical PVE zone.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Looks like Matt aswered some of my questions here:

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2017/02/01/welcome-to-2017

We're going to get a new Chapter every year in the second quarter, and 3 other DLC in the other quarters.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited February 2017

We're going to get a new Chapter every year in the second quarter, and 3 other DLC in the other quarters.
    Yes indeed the business model just changed again. One paid expansion per year not included with ESO+

I just love calling old things using new words... don't you? :)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Iselin said:

Yes indeed the business model just changed again. One paid expansion per year not included with ESO+

I just love calling old things using new words... don't you? :)

No worries

Just don't sub anymore, much cheaper that way. The only crappy thing is losing the crafting bag.

They should of let us buy the Xpac with the equivalent in crowns (Zenibucks) 

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• Twisted77Twisted77 Member UncommonPosts: 89
    edited February 2017

Hyped. I just came back to ESO and while it's so sickeningly casual I love playing it nevertheless."

I'm looking for a casual game (e.g. 4 hours per week).  I though ESO, from what I read, had a big grind? 
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    azarhal said:

Hariken said:

Considering the expac apparently has its own character tutorial instead of the Wailing Prison that drop you in Vvanderfell, it sound more like it is intended to bring new players into the game than adding elder content.

I also don't see the point of increasing the gear cap with One Tamriel being a thing. Do they intend to make group content soloable for people with high enough gear or something?
    They still haven't admitted they are doing it . They are trying to figure out how to soften the blow. They know this will piss off alot of people and the only reason they are doing this is the make the hardcore players have something to do and screw the rest of us.
  • R.LimaR.Lima Member UncommonPosts: 135

Hariken said:

From ZOS_GinaBruno in the official ESO forums: "Actually just posted in another thread, but we do not plan on raising the gear cap with Morrowind."
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Twisted77 said:

Hyped. I just came back to ESO and while it's so sickeningly casual I love playing it nevertheless."

I'm looking for a casual game (e.g. 4 hours per week).  I though ESO, from what I read, had a big grind? 
    Since One Tamriel, you actual character level is kinda irrelevant. You can go anywhere, you can participate in all the content type. How fast you do it is left to you and nothing force you to go fast about it. The only thing that takes time is unlocking abilities, but filling your first ability bar is pretty fast.