Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Return to Morrowind on June 6th - New Zone, New Class & More - Elder Scrolls Online - MMORPG.com

Comments

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Zenimax is obviously doing something right, as the polls just on this site for best MMO of 2016 point to, and are adding or modifying their game as much if not more than other big titles. It seems to make sense this would come with some sort of price tag. There are far more titles out there that are cheaper to play but do not offer the same continuous development. It can't go both ways.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Iselin said:
    New class should be available for everyone.
    But no, it won't be.

The Warden comes with Morrowind and is not part of the base game. Only those that own Morrowind will be able to create a Warden.
    I am aware of the posted writing. Yet it does not change my opinion that I believe all owners of the game should have access to the new class.
    No disagreement from me. Same with new 4v4v4 battlegrounds. That will also be a Morrowind-only exclusive.

Hey they had to find enough to throw in there to sell the idea that this is an expansion and not a DLC :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Iselin said:
    Soki123 said:
    Meh, sounds ok, but not all orgasmic like some are making it out to be. No AH means I ll still stay away. With guilds being useless, why not just do an AH.
    Matt Firor's "Road Ahead" will be published tomorrow. That should be about all other things in the works not including Morrowind. Not saying AHs and/or improvements to buying/selling will be there but that's where it would be.

Lets hope
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Soki123 said:
    Iselin said:
    Soki123 said:
    Meh, sounds ok, but not all orgasmic like some are making it out to be. No AH means I ll still stay away. With guilds being useless, why not just do an AH.
    Matt Firor's "Road Ahead" will be published tomorrow. That should be about all other things in the works not including Morrowind. Not saying AHs and/or improvements to buying/selling will be there but that's where it would be.

Lets hope
    Don't count on an Auction house.

I m not, just hoping. I m not sure why they haven t though, theres a lot of people that would play if they did, from what I ve read.
  • SainguinSainguin Member UncommonPosts: 75

Iselin said:

Iselin said:

But no, it won't be.

The Warden comes with Morrowind and is not part of the base game. Only those that own Morrowind will be able to create a Warden.

I am aware of the posted writing. Yet it does not change my opinion that I believe all owners of the game should have access to the new class.

No disagreement from me. Same with new 4v4v4 battlegrounds. That will also be a Morrowind-only exclusive.

Hey they had to find enough to throw in there to sell the idea that this is an expansion and not a DLC :)

You're hilariously mad about this.

To the point of completely missing everything and just being blinded by rage.

Morrowind is most definitely a full on expansion. Its double the size of Orsinium, adds a new storyline to the game, adds three 4v4v4 battlegrounds, adds a new way to start off in the game, adds a new class, and adds a new trial.

In literally any other MMO this is an expansion. Actually, this is exactly a World of Warcraft expansion. New class? Check. New area? Check. New endgame? Check. Expansion.

So quit your baseless raging and grow up.

Soki123 said:

Soki123 said:

Iselin said:

Soki123 said:

Lets hope

Don't count on an Auction house.

I m not, just hoping. I m not sure why they haven t though, theres a lot of people that would play if they did, from what I ve read.

Mostly because it's a key component of guilds and how they work. It's a bit off putting, but once you play the game for a while and get into trading it becomes infinitely easier.

Personally, I wouldn't be mad about a global AH but I would be sad to see guild trading go.
    Sainguin said:

Iselin said:

Iselin said:

But no, it won't be.

Morrowind is most definitely a full on expansion. Its double the size of Orsinium, adds a new storyline to the game, adds three 4v4v4 battlegrounds, adds a new way to start off in the game, adds a new class, and adds a new trial.

In literally any other MMO this is an expansion. Actually, this is exactly a World of Warcraft expansion. New class? Check. New area? Check. New endgame? Check. Expansion.

Oh it's double the size now? It just keeps on growing... lol.

I've got a can of special super Pepsi called Pepsi+. I'll let it go for $20... you interested?
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

edited January 2017

Iselin said:

Sainguin said:

Iselin said:

Iselin said:

But no, it won't be.

I've got a can of special super Pepsi called Pepsi+. I'll let it go for $20... you interested?

Lol kinda funny how that's the only argument you can provide.

You know you're wrong but you're so butthurt you can't admit it.
    Sainguin said:

Iselin said:

Sainguin said:

Iselin said:

Iselin said:

But no, it won't be.

Look kid, I've been playing ESO and promoting it in this site since before you even knew it was thing. But unlike you, I call them as I see them and don't go all fanboy whiteknight when they need to be called on something.

This is a DLC re-branded as an expansion simply for the extra profit.  

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Iselin said:
    Look kid, I've been playing ESO and promoting it in this site since before you even knew it was thing. But unlike you, I call them as I see them and don't go all fanboy whiteknight when they need to be called on something.

"Since before you even knew it was a thing".. LMAO....

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Distopia said:
    Iselin said:

It does feel weird being on the other side of the fanboy fence :)

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    Distopia said:
    Iselin said:

It does feel weird being on the other side of the fanboy fence :)
    As they say hell haveth no fury like the fanboi who is scorned.

• storagstorag Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Somehow no one here mentioned that main plot involves helping Vivec to stop that huge floating rock from hitting ground =)
    storag said:
    Somehow no one here mentioned that main plot involves helping Vivec to stop that huge floating rock from hitting ground =)
    Yeah,

Unfortunately they will eventually fail :)

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    First, this reveal trailer was really well done.

Second, good timing for them. Releasing around the same time as FF XIV's Stormblood expansion. Competition in the market is always good.

Third, if you've been on the fence about starting the game, this might be the best way to start it up. Wait until June and get this. You'll be able to play the new class, while having probably plenty of other people leveling to meet. The new 1-50 on Morrowind will probably be an even better version of the leveling experience of the original game, since they now have a number of years of experience under their belt. Best of all, the expansion comes with the base game, which I believe is the first time they've done that.

I can understand the embittered vet being upset with the pricing of the expansion, since it is more expensive than previous DLC. At the same time, this expansion will probably be more of a catalyst to get fresh blood to the game. Bit of a double edged sword.

This might be the expansion to get me into the game though. Although, I will probably play Stormblood first, and hopefully pick this up on sale during the holiday season.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Just watched the video. It always strikes me as odd watching characters use swords on metal. And the bear biting the metal.

It's a shame that they are presenting this, at least form the video, as an assassin expansion. Or at least one that features assassins prominently.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Hmmm, okay I'll have to admit I'm impressed with this reveal. I have issue with the game and some have been pretty negative but Morrowind is one of my favourite RPG ever.

I'll be lying to myself if I say I wasn't going at least give this one a chance, really didn't see this coming at all.

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680

Sainguin said:

Iselin said:

Sainguin said:

Iselin said:

Iselin said:

But no, it won't be.

Let him hate all he wants. I see so many post like his with wrong info. The internet fake news is strong here.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• sedatedkarmasedatedkarma Member UncommonPosts: 181

Hariken said:

Sainguin said:

Iselin said:

Sainguin said:

Iselin said:

Iselin said:

But no, it won't be.

Let him hate all he wants. I see so many post like his with wrong info. The internet fake news is strong here.

#AlternativeFacts
    Happily playing Vanilla and BC WoW, again, since September 2016.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    DLC or Expansion. Does not really matter what label you put on it. It is new content.
    Dying Light The Following is an expansion of the base game but many just call it DLC.
    I think all this posturing over a label is silly.
    When you throw ESO's sub model into the picture it becomes a bit more than just a label. It leaves me questioning the value of my ESO sub. Not my problem, I can play without it. I'll save more $ than the price of the expansion by the time its released.

Zenimax's loss, not mine.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Maybe it is just me but $40 for the upgrade is a little bit steep considering it is the same price as getting all previous DLCs combined in one pack.

Looking forward to exploring Morrowind. Not a fan of the bear pet(i hate bears), but ice magic? hell yes!

DLC or Expansion. Does not really matter what label you put on it. It is new content.
    Dying Light The Following is an expansion of the base game but many just call it DLC.
    Yeah as long as you can sub to get the new stuff, it's no different to me than anything in the past. I'd like to see the class as an overall update for all versions ( which begs the question when your sub runs out, can you still access that toon?).. As far as overall price, I doubt the price will be an issue for most people. I'd suspect the price is relevant to the work done on a new class/skill load out. There's usually quite a bit of work to do in that realm.  You can't really judge the overall package on hours to complete the story line alone. As a new class offers a new 1-50+ experience in and of itself. 

It's a question of $... or did you miss that bit? DLCs = free with sub, "expansions" not. Posture that bud.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED