Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CDProjekt Red Forum Hacked, 1.8M Users' Data Taken - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageCDProjekt Red Forum Hacked, 1.8M Users' Data Taken - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - MMORPG.com

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt News - Have I Been Pwned is reporting that 1.8M users of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt forums have had account data taken during a large-scale hacking event that took place in March 2016. According to HIBP, user names, passwords and email addresses were taken.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    edited January 2017

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Rhoklaw said:
    Quick, unplug the internets!

Only after getting in a time machine and going back 9-10 months O.o Did the site seriously not disclose this earlier that the possibility of lost information happened?
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Aelious said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Quick, unplug the internets!

Only after getting in a time machine and going back 9-10 months O.o Did the site seriously not disclose this earlier that the possibility of lost information happened?
    They might not have known. Usually hacked websites discovered data was stolen once it show up on the web as buyable information. You can't really detect someone is breaching your stuff unless they break something in the process or leech too much bandwidth.
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    So people found out about the hack from a third party site 9 months later and not from the game studio itself? That's disappointing.
    --------------------------------------------
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited January 2017
    Did they hack the original game files to what they showed at E3? Cause I remember this company pulled a Ubisoft and heavily nerfed the graphics. But hypocritically no one batted an eye when they did it, but freak out when Ubisoft does it.

So I hope this hack targeted the E3 graphics so I can play a true next gen game and they release the files.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited January 2017

Did they hack the original game files to what they showed at E3? Cause I remember this company pulled a Ubisoft and heavily nerfed the graphics. But hypocritically no one batted an eye when they did it, but freak out when Ubisoft does it.

So I hope this hack targeted the E3 graphics so I can play a true next gen game and they release the files.

CD Projekt Red released a game that looked almost as good as the E3 video. Ubisoft showed a photo realistic game at E3 and then released a game that looked like an Xbox 360 launch game. Big difference.

Even with that little downgrade(and im not justifying it, it does suck they did that), TW3 is still one of the best looking games today. Can't say the same for Watch Dogs and its massive downgrade.