Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind expansion announced

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    So is it ALL of Morrowind or just sections? Are they using the topographical map of the original island?
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    An "expansion" for a game with regular DLCs is just kind of weird.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Sovrath said:
    So is it ALL of Morrowind or just sections? Are they using the topographical map of the original island?
    Morrowind is the entire province and some of it is already in the game (like Stonefall and Deshaan zones). This expansion would be for the island of Vvanderfell  which was where the game Morrowind was.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    azarhal said:
    Sovrath said:
    Morrowind is the entire province and some of it is already in the game (like Stonefall and Deshaan zones). This expansion would be for the island of Vvanderfell  which was where the game Morrowind was.
    That's right, thanks!
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Tgiordano92Tgiordano92 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    They release info on what content it brings??
    The official announcement is in 15 minutes.

What you see in the OP above is data from a few news sites that jumped the gun with their blurbs and quickly hid the content again once they realized they had done it.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Ouch! Thank you!
  • sludgebeardsludgebeard Member RarePosts: 788
    Iselin said:

What you see in the OP above is data from a few news sites that jumped the gun with their blurbs and quickly hid the content again once they realized they had done it.
    I mean, its data from ONE news site that jumped the gun but I get your point.
    Iselin said:

I mean, its data from ONE news site that jumped the gun but I get your point.
    There were a few others also reported and linked in the ESO forums.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158
    Iselin said:
    I'm not sure it is. You could argue the DLC's are similiar to WoW's major patches, i.e. 7.1, 7.2 and so on. This is perfectly fine for a B2P game considering you get them for free if you sub.
    Jimmy562 said:
    Iselin said:
    I'm not sure it is. You could argue the DLC's are similiar to WoW's major patches, i.e. 7.1, 7.2 and so on. This is perfectly fine for a B2P game considering you get them for free if you sub.
    As long as I can upgrade with my stockpiled crowns I get from subbing, I'm fine with whatever they want to call it. If I can't buy it with crowns, I'll be pissed.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963
    If uou almredy bougt the unlimited game months ago and are paying monthly fee do you still have to pay for thks expantion?
    Wonder how animal companions work more. Can  you name them etc? Or are they like sorc summons..
  • ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Morrowind is my favorite game of all time. So, a bit biased here, but they can charge me whatever. I need this. I can only assume that those giant mushroom spires are that of Sadrith Mora. Dear gods I hope I get to join up with the Telvanni now.
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Vidir said:
    If uou almredy bougt the unlimited game months ago and are paying monthly fee do you still have to pay for thks expantion?
    It's an expansion not a DLC, you'll have to buy the upgrade version or wait for the upgrade to be on sales. They might have an in-game store upgrade version bought via Crowns though (I have no idea if they will though).

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    whats the content for the game?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Iselin said:
    Jimmy562 said:
    Iselin said:
    As long as I can upgrade with my stockpiled crowns I get from subbing, I'm fine with whatever they want to call it. If I can't buy it with crowns, I'll be pissed.
    Vidir said:
    I'll take it that since its being called an expansion. We'll have to pay money for it.

Other games charge $ for expansions, be they F2P, B2P or P2P

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

laserit said:
    Iselin said:
    Jimmy562 said:
    Iselin said:
    Vidir said:
    I'll take it that since its being called an expansion. We'll have to pay money for it.

Yeah. But it's really DLC-sized. Smaller maybe even than Orsinium. 

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Ok there is a new class. Warden.

Earth based magic and a bear companion. 

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Ok there is a new class. Warden.

Earth based magic and a bear companion. 
    It's an old class from early beta. Warden NPCs have been in the game all a long.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Iselin said:
    laserit said:
    Iselin said:
    Jimmy562 said:
    Iselin said:
    Vidir said:

I'm with you but my fear is that they're sticking it to us with this and it's really going to piss me off.

I hope I'm wrong :( 

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Iselin said:
    laserit said:
    Iselin said:
    Jimmy562 said:
    Iselin said:
    Vidir said:

I assume that one of the major reasons for calling this an "expansion" as opposed to a regular DLC is so that they can up the pricing and avoid having it included in the subscription all-access.

I would be surprised if it was purchasable with Crowns, at least for the first 3-6 months after release...
  • KniknaxKniknax Member UncommonPosts: 576
    Sovrath said:
    Yes, they said in the twitch stream they have taken the original height map and imported it into ESO, just adjusting for scale of their engine.

"When people don't know much about something, they tend to fill in the blanks the way they want them to be filled in. They are almost always disappointed." - Will Wright

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited January 2017
    They had to find a way to get more people to pay so they're calling it an expansion even if it is the size of a DLC.  Everyone knows how they work by now, there should be no surprises here.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey