Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hurts so Good - Dark and Light Previews

2»

Comments

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Big guilds, tameable creatures that require many players to take down. Sounds like ARK alpha tribe cancer all over again. Gonna have to pass on that mess

They will offer PvE servers for those that want to go that route.
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    edited January 2017
    Aelious said:
    Was the 100sq kilometer world map verified?

I hope not.   WurmOnline gets pretty crowded on a 16KM by 16KM map, and those normally have 30 to 80 online at a time.  (Though ability to go far higher)

Independence has a weekly average of 83 players, max 120 (actually online) and 445 paying players and has a mess of a map that looks like this:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5evRFXJXhXONkktVjE4MUJaYjA/view?pref=2&pli=1

EDIT:  Data from: http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Server_graphs

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    I love punching bushes. You are a BAD bush, BAD bush! Hmmmmm, I will play this game alone when the wife and kids gave gone to bed. BAD bush!

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Definitions aside can anyone of you actually remember interacting with a thousand people in an MMO. I think in all my days on WoW I played with perhaps 250 people and out of that I can remember may be about 70-80 people and that perhaps 30 by name still. I'm old and forgetful. 

While it might be grand for an MMO to have a thousand people playing simultaneously you will never be playing with them all ever. So if a server has about 200 people that play and contribute to the world instead of merely standing around Stormwind or Dalaran that makes the world big enough because these people will be recognized and known to you instead of the anonymous names that float overhead.

Don't know whether this game is any good but definitions are not the basis in which you decide whether a game works at least in my book and it should not be otherwise all those small population games that could support larger populations would be dead.

• fearufearu Member UncommonPosts: 288
    edited January 2017
    Shame it doesn't look anything near as good as those pictures suggest.

It actually looks like an Arc rip-off in the menus and things to me. Yuck.
  • IshkalIshkal Member UncommonPosts: 304
    lol bush puncher!!!! Degrading gamer slang, or????!!!!
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    edited January 2017
    kitarad said:
    Definitions aside can anyone of you actually remember interacting with a thousand people in an MMO. I think in all my days on WoW I played with perhaps 250 people and out of that I can remember may be about 70-80 people and that perhaps 30 by name still. I'm old and forgetful.
    My Age of Conan Guild had 1000 members on a PvE server, the guild size cap, and a little over 400 on one of the PvP servers.  On day one we had over 700 guild members online simultaneously playing the game.  Too bad AoC had so many problems.  Within two months we couldn't even get enough members together to run one of the smaller raids and we had lost our Keep because there were not enough people left playing to defend it.

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• dreamer05dreamer05 Member UncommonPosts: 679
    So like Rust in a fantasy setting? Doesn't 100 players on a server sound small?

"God, please help us sinful children of Ivalice.."

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    edited January 2017
    kitarad said:

While it might be grand for an MMO to have a thousand people playing simultaneously you will never be playing with them all ever. So if a server has about 200 people that play and contribute to the world instead of merely standing around Stormwind or Dalaran that makes the world big enough because these people will be recognized and known to you instead of the anonymous names that float overhead.

Don't know whether this game is any good but definitions are not the basis in which you decide whether a game works at least in my book and it should not be otherwise all those small population games that could support larger populations would be dead.
    My guild in WoW had over 8,000 characters before they made a cap of 1,000, at which point we made 9 separate co-guilds that could all communicate in guild chat via a special add-on called Greenwall. We did the "For the Horde" achievement, which involved killing the Alliance faction leaders, with multiple 40 man raid groups. The screenshots below show roughly 200 people at a single boss fight. 

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    It's all about the base...umm i mean systems.
    Systems take coding work,the more there are ,the more work,developers like to cut corners and give us the basics.I still believe and the more i see this,i sense hardly anyone working on this game.

Crafting basics...really?Again i have to ask ,what the heck kind of state was DnL in when released back 10 years ago if still in development stage now?

It all seems like a big sad mess,a game with high expectations but soon realized it is too big an ordeal to pull off,pretty much what is happening with SC.

You know 30 years ago,i had incredibly high expectations from games,the first renditions gave me hope of amazing stuff down the road.Now i have little hope,devs are just so struggling to give us the BASICS of game design let alone something of depth and looks like someone put creative thought into it.

Like seriously now,how much thought and effort went into...ok lets pickup up sticks...run along and press X or whatever key and your good to go.I like to use a lot of what Smedley did to judge effort,if you can't one up H1Z1 your simply not doing enough.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    edited January 2017
    Unfortunately the big money is in the east now, the west pales in comparison.  So we are seeing more and more what eastern players like, lots of grind, lack of content, pay-to-win in the cash shops and lots of those.  Take for example, Black Desert, a very beautiful game and actually fun to play until you get to end game and then the game falls off a cliff.   Even the pvp is not meaningful.  That is about the best we have seen so far from the eastern developers.

I have already crossed this game off my list, I just do not see any redeeming qualities at all.  All these survival games just end up being a big frag fest.
  • ssidimanssidiman Member CommonPosts: 2
    So this game doesn't save your character? If I join a new server I have to start from lv1 again?
  • jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571

survival mmo????

does this site even knows what a mmo is?

Not for a long time.
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

DMKano said:

Nyctelios said:

DMKano said:

And there it is as 5:52 in the video.... punching bushes.

Nope. nope. nope.

Why dont they make something like "collecting dead wood" or branches from the floor like Salem (until you have skill and resources to craft a tool to gather it, like an axe)?

It's way simpler and more realistic than punching stuffs. 

For something that brags about "survival" it kinda ruins itself, you know.

Good thing is, if I ever get lost on Amazônia, I'll just punch stuff.

Id love to see Survivor, or Naked and Afraid or any of those shows where they put people in the middle of nowhere....

Day 1:

I see some green brush over there ... lets PUNCH IT!!!!

Agreed, time to stop beating around the bush! :D
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Can't be a "fragfest" on a PVE server...
    A survival game and a pve server are one combo that makes zero sense.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Ozmodan said:

Can't be a "fragfest" on a PVE server...
    A survival game and a pve server are one combo that makes zero sense.
    huh, I disagree.

Heck,  Friend of mine who only plays Elder Scrolls games (he doesn't like any other types of video games) has told me several times the things he wishes the Elder Scrolls games had an they all center around survival mechanics. He has no interest in playing with other people.

I even use some more "survival" mods in skyrim.

I think the real thing is what one expects/wants and can bring to these games.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo