Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ever Wanted to PvP a Dev? You Can Soon on PTR - World of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageEver Wanted to PvP a Dev? You Can Soon on PTR - World of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

World of Warcraft News - Blizzard employees will be heading to the World of Warcraft public test server every Friday beginning February 3rd to take part in the new PvP feature coming with v7.2. Called PvP Brawls, the new type of activity is heavily influenced by brawl modes in other Blizzard titles including Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm. Brawls play fast and loose with normal PvP rules and may include a 15v15 battle in a standard-sized arena or perhaps no gravity in Eye of the Storm.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Kunai_VaxKunai_Vax Member RarePosts: 527
    Even though i've lost interest in the game ill still be checking in on twitch to take a look at these :)

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Happens a lot in Eve Online, sometimes the players let them win  :p
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Ever Wanted to PvP a Dev?  Not really, since I don't pvp :wink:  And not all of them are reckless enough to forget their invulnerability like Garriot did, so it's even more pointless than regular pvp.

Still, the big Krampus in Fusang was kinda fun a few weeks ago... (https://youtu.be/BiXXStc9MqA?t=48m39s ) Even with the no-damage part. At least we were promised an "I killed a dev" t-shirt in return :lol:
  • TENTINGTENTING Member UncommonPosts: 262
    If they made "fight Against dev" matches in the actual live game.
    Then there wont be any random bgs for months.
    A loooot of people are so mad at Blizzard, so so mad lol.
    They'd all be busy beating up Devs to take revenge. ^^
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

TENTING said:

If they made "fight Against dev" matches in the actual live game.

Then there wont be any random bgs for months.

A loooot of people are so mad at Blizzard, so so mad lol.

They'd all be busy beating up Devs to take revenge. ^^

I think you're right :D

Funny as it is, there are LEGION *yuk yuk* issues with PvP right now. Devs don't dare wander into rated BGs or Arenas because they would actually see how awful it really is. They'd rather go to these intentionally unbalanced "brawls" that don't require much skill or any balance whatsoever. :|

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• BladeBlade Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Im sure all of them will be Demon Hunters cause they are pretty OP in pvp.
  • TofkeTofke Member UncommonPosts: 342
    edited January 2017
    I quite liked the events in SWG like that... just a bit of silly content that adds to the game. This, I don't care much about because it's on PTR and I'm not into PVP these days.

Still I would imagine me partaking in it once in a while if they did some on the live servers. Has the risk of people taking it too serious and complain about it though. :p
  • AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940
    Who cares abot devs, the managers should play, the ones making the decision that we as players have to live with. All those things that are glaringly wrong that it hurts just by looking at it, that won't get fixed because no idea why, if the ones making those decisions would ever play their own game like a "real" player does, it would be fixed in no time.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    edited January 2017
    They've done this in the past, and spawned a bunch of Infernals and other nastiness.

edit: He's a video of Holinka in the arena. Around 3:00 is when the shenanigans occur.