Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Path of Exile - Path of Exile: The Exiled Tribune: Climbing the Ladder Alone & Starting a Microtrans

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imagePath of Exile - Path of Exile: The Exiled Tribune: Climbing the Ladder Alone & Starting a Microtransaction Revolution - MMORPG.com

This week, the Path of Exile team has some interesting tidbits of information to share with its community in the form of the forthcoming "Solo Self-Found" mode coming to ladder participation with 2.6.0 We'll take a peek inside the design of the labyrinth and check out the second round of winners from the PoE Talent Competition. Lastly, we'll take a look at some new microtransactions and talk with devs about how Grinding Gear is on the cutting edge of funding Path of Exile.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766
    As much as I love PoE, saying that they ONLY sell cosmetics is dishonest. . .

Stash tabs are definitely NOT cosmetics. . .
  • congtran17congtran17 Member UncommonPosts: 13

sayuu said:

there goes a cry baby who keep crying about "stash", stash isnt needed in poe, and if u feel like u need, buy it one time. There are many more ways to have more inventory, so it basically under "cosmetics" since it wont effect the game.
  • BjelarBjelar Member UncommonPosts: 398

sayuu said:

there goes a cry baby who keep crying about "stash", stash isnt needed in poe, and if u feel like u need, buy it one time. There are many more ways to have more inventory, so it basically under "cosmetics" since it wont effect the game.
    Doesn´t make them cosmetic. I did play one char (bragging-alert) to lvl 95 in the solo selffound challenge with no aditional stash tabs, but I could only do that because I knew the game extremely well at that point. You can play the game for many hours before the four free stash tabs fill up, so when you "have to" buy them you know what you are buying. Still doesn´t make them cosmetics though.
  • Veexer_NuiVeexer_Nui Member UncommonPosts: 268
    edited January 2017

sayuu said:

Stash tabs are REQUIRED. Try and hit 90+ with only 4 tabs. You wont be able to loot a single item. There's a reason the console version will come with 100 tabs.

Archeage EU - Nui

• VeryMelonVeryMelon Member UncommonPosts: 4
    """"""Micro""""""transactions

" I think that other companies are scared that they won't make enough money if they switch to just sales of cosmetics."

Yeah, companies are probably scared that people won't buy their 30-40USD armor skins.

stash isnt needed in poe

Cool story bro.
  • kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 259

sayuu said:

Stash tabs are REQUIRED. Try and hit 90+ with only 4 tabs. You wont be able to loot a single item. There's a reason the console version will come with 100 tabs.

I did 90+ without stash tabs and 3 my friends too :)..all we have is guild stash (which is one more stash to use for all guild mates)...so tell me some cool story about how impossible it is ^^
  • BrushyBrushy Member CommonPosts: 2
    edited January 2017
    I'll also say. Stash Tabs are NOT needed. I have several lvl 95+ characters and have never bought a single stash tab. I also play in the new leagues regularly attaining lvl 90+. Stating that it is required is the biggest joke I've ever heard. Especially in a SSF league. Why would you need to keep everything? You aren't going to be selling any of it to anyone. Vendor it out and keep the best of the best. It's not like you need 12 sets of gear. And if you really have to have that extra space. Create a mule character/account.
  • NosheiNoshei Member CommonPosts: 4
    Do you not realize the name of the company is Grinding Gear Games which is normally shortened to GGG ?
  • sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766

sayuu said:

bro I got almost 50 tabs. . .still don't make em cosmetics. . .
  • MustarastasMustarastas Member UncommonPosts: 79
    ok here you guys cry about few tenner investment when other games try to forcepull thousands of dollars from your pocket... GG boys learn to aim the gun at the real bestards - GGG knows its stuff and is honest: from gamers to gamers.

if you dont like it - and you still want to bytch it here - > Make more accounts and transfer stuff between them. 

SSF is for more experienced players like GGG and Chris has sayd... You are not supposed to start there. If you get some knowledge - you know what gear to save up ;)

• SnatchySnatchy Member CommonPosts: 1
    in the age of entitlement, if you have an idea then you are right. people can't fathom that things shouldn't change just because they have a little whine. Meanwhile thousands of people don't care about the whining on forums and are enjoying the game (without spending money)
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    edited January 2017
    You get to play the game for free without any content limit. Buy yet people complain about stash, fuking idiots. There is no game that does this without implementing heavy p2w stuff.
  • fulger_xfulger_x Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Stop whining, the game content is completely FREE, every patch, every expansion has been free. Soooo much free content over the last year for example. They almost give too much IMO.
  • PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    all you need to do is make mules for free stash tabs. GGG allows you to run 1 additional client
  • VeryMelonVeryMelon Member UncommonPosts: 4

exile01 said:

You get to play the game for free without any content limit. Buy yet people complain about stash, fuking idiots. There is no game that does this without implementing heavy p2w stuff.

Warframe exists, your argument is invalid.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

sayuu said:

while it is true that expanding inventory space is not cosmetic, it is very normal and accepted in F2P mmos.

It is OK to sell stash/inventory expansions, but some companies abuse this by extremely limiting your space to force you to buy. Others like to rent you the extra space to keep you paying over and over for the same extra space you already paid for. Others do both.

I think(based on the last time i played) PoE has one of the most docile cash shops out there.

• soulreap91soulreap91 Member UncommonPosts: 1

VeryMelon said:

exile01 said:

Warframe exists, your argument is invalid.

as a Warframe player also playing POE, there's only one thing I can say. Wow, just wow...
  • IshkalIshkal Member UncommonPosts: 304
    For real you can't really say anything about the PoE guys their game rocks and they gave it to us for free. I dropped cash on tabs and a costume just to make sure I gave them something for the hours of enjoyment I had
  • CyrinCyrin Member UncommonPosts: 43
    I personally wont play anything that charges cash for quality of life improvements. Bigger inventory .. poe is out, eso is out. You might be able to accept it, I wont, and it happens to be my cash.
  • AriesTigerAriesTiger Member UncommonPosts: 444
    ^ Or your lack thereof.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    You want a game for free and you cannot even pay for the inventory expansions. What kind of cheapskates are these that expect so much?
    Chamber of Chains