Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anima: Gate Of Memories NA Physical Release Revealed - MMORPG.com News

ShelassaShelassa MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 616
edited January 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageAnima: Gate Of Memories NA Physical Release Revealed - MMORPG.com News

Badland Games has announced that its action RPG Anima: Gate of Memories will have a physical collector's edition released in the US. The "Beyond Fantasy Edition" will retail for $49.99 at a number of locations including Amazon and GameStop on March 21st. The CE features the PS4 game, a special collector's box, artbook, soundtrack CD, a deck of tarot cards and a framed art print.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    My arch-nemesis, PS4, gets another one.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Albatroes said:
    Won't be buying a Xbox or Ps4 waste of money.
  • elveoneelveone Member RarePosts: 426

Renoaku said:

Albatroes said:

Well, it is on Steam for 20 bucks and it is completely worth it.
  • blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615
    Liked the tabletop RPG it's based off.
     Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

elveone said:

Renoaku said:

Albatroes said:

Well, it is on Steam for 20 bucks and it is completely worth it.

Good eyes, I didn't know that I had this game on my Steam wishlist.
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Renoaku said:
    Albatroes said:

You mean a waste of your own money right? 

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894

Albatroes said:

PS4... RPG master race.
  • elveoneelveone Member RarePosts: 426

Torval said:

Here is the Steam page link. It's not on their site that I could find which is a little crazy.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/380750/

How solid are the controls, UI, and responsiveness in combat? Anyone play it yet? This looks like my kind of thing.

IMO the controls are pretty tight and they have to be for some of the insanely difficult fights.

The combat is mostly focused on dodging attacks when you see their pattern coming up and attacking when it is safe. There are not a lot of combos but there are a lot of different attacks some of which are time sensitive - they deal great damage but take damn long to execute and you have to choose the right attack for the right situation.

The game is not exactly open world but more of a metroidvania kind of deal where you find your path through a maze-like world where you unlock new content by completing the previous one. It starts pretty linear and in a very uninteresting environment though so you have to persevere for a little while until you get to the good stuff. There's a lot of platforming and puzzle solving but not with ragequitting levels of difficulty. The game is pretty generous with the checkpoints as well and does not waste your time redoing menial sections of the level to get to the hard part but there is some backtracking in order to solve the puzzles.

The story is a collection of dark fairy tales with a common element of corruption going on in them. There are multiple endings depending on how much you delve into the game and the choices you make.