Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VIp's

stroker123stroker123 Member UncommonPosts: 11
With the VIP access do you receive all the expansion packs as a perk?

Comments

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Will it still be live when daybreak take over. 

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    No, but you get points that you can eventually use to buy them.
  • AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666
    edited January 2017
    VIP covers everything except the expansions. As DKLond said you can use points obtained, though the best deal is during one of the regular sales where you can buy four of them in a pack for about $15/£10. The Moria expansion also includes two extra classes.

I'm hoping that when Mordor comes out they will includes all the previous expansions with it.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited January 2017
    More precisely, VIP covers all the content except the 5 expansions, and covers everything what existed at the f2p switch :wink: 
    So convenience upgrades arrived after that, like the premium wallet, the shared storage, the inventory slot increases beyond the former 6 bags, the extra LI slots and cosmetic outfits, the multiple milestones and the decreased cooldown (hurried traveller), etc. those are all up for additional purchase, regardless of VIP or free player. Sure, they're only for convenience, and also VIPs can buy them from the stipend VIPs get every month.

Same goes to the expansions, VIPs can buy those from the stipend, so get it just by subbing. In this sense it's a VIP perk - after a while, when the points piled up for the purchase :wink:  (but it's much better if grab them on sales)
  • stroker123stroker123 Member UncommonPosts: 11
    edited January 2017
    Is there anywhere there on sale at the moment? Nevermind!

Yep, PvMP freep-side is the last "real" VIP perk, everything else(*) the free players can unlock from the store permanently.
    *there are a few things not on the store, those can be unlocked permanently by subbing for at least a month (swift travel is maybe the most useful from those)
    Is there anywhere there on sale at the moment? Nevermind!
    Last sale was at Christmas, next big one is most likely at the Anniversary (2+ more months till that). Smaller sales happen all the time for the in-game store, once in a months it's about content (quest packs and expansions) though I wouldn't suggest buying expansions from Points, it's much more expensive that way. Quad-pack is the smart purchase :wink:
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    I bought the Life-Time membership is this what there calling VIP now?
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
    VIP is simply the subscription. Lifetime account is usually called as LTA (or lifer), and as such, gives a permanent, ever-lasting VIP status :wink:  (since you are permanently subscribed as a lifer)
  • AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Torval said:
    An FYI, I went to renew my sub last night through Steam, but found buying through the store is broken on Steam. In order to get past this you need to start the game through the TurbineLauncher in the game folder, then it starts without Steam interfering.

Now to find the HiRez client download.
    Yeah they said Steam payments are currently broken. It seems someone forgot to tell Valve the company changed :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Twitch : dren_utogi
    Only Moria? And what's with the four others? :wink:

(btw, I will bump your thread since I have a question about the CR. Offtopic here - at least partly, since now LotRO is at DBG as well, just like DCUO :lol: )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    edited January 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Twitch : dren_utogi
  • AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
    My wife and I both have lifetime accounts and we had to pay for all the xpansions the last one we bought was isengard
  • cormachcormach Member UncommonPosts: 98
    As a lifetime member, you have to but the expansions, they are not included.