Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stream #5: World and Lore - Conan Exiles Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageStream #5: World and Lore - Conan Exiles Videos - MMORPG.com

Our fifth dev stream covers the lore and story aspects of Conan Exiles. Watch us try to discover the secrets of ancient stone tablets that once belong to a proud race ruling the Exiled Lands.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731
    im just not sure about this game. i will probably get it, but my expectations are very low.
  • BjelarBjelar Member UncommonPosts: 398
    edited January 2017
    The combat looks like a parody of the worst combat in video gaming. Shields break all the time, people split in half if you poke them with a stick and blood splatter covers half your screen if a mouse bites you in the toe. The map looks tiny. People used to the genre will stream it for two hours, do everything there is to do, make a youtube-video called "don`t buy it yet" and write a very off-putting review on the steam forum. The price-tag is surprisingly reasonable. If it is true that they will have no payed DLCs and no microtransactions, then it feels almost like I am cheating them. The game must be in a very rough state, and pretty much everything needs work. Is it a good idea to launch it now? People are used to "early access launch" meaning "the only launch this game will ever have". If I had any stakes in this game I would be deeply worried about what people are gonna say. It looks unplayable at the moment.
  • wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506
    How do you figure it looks unplayable? Rough? Sure, but unplayable no.
  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    He punched someone in the arm and a splatter of blood squirted out. M'eh.
  • guizicaguizica Member UncommonPosts: 8

You sound like you gave up on the game just because of that. I wonder what perfect game you play.
  • BjelarBjelar Member UncommonPosts: 398
    guizica11 said:

You sound like you gave up on the game just because of that. I wonder what perfect game you play.
    I think it might be a good idea to buy it now while it is cheap, and give the devs 6 months to work on it. They said no DLCs. 
    In the past Funcom has been dreadful at telling lies and deceiving players (and investors bu-ha-ha), but excellent at sticking to their games and keep working on them. Thus I have no faith in anything they say, but a lot of faith in them actually making it a good game eventually.

So don`t give up, just don`t listen to them.
  • RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516
    look realy bad... im realy not impresed... that a open world with nothing to do inside right ?
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    looks so buggy (as expected). but combat really looks meh.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited January 2017
    Bjelar said:
    guizica11 said:

I think it might be a good idea to buy it now while it is cheap, and give the devs 6 months to work on it. 
    It is a survival game, is there any survival game that costs more than $30?
    Well I guess Dayz which is $35, but released at $30. .
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547

Can we turn off gore? lol. it seems silly to have sometimes.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• MorpayneMorpayne Member UncommonPosts: 21
    If I see that half shaved, other half swooped over to one side haircut one more time I'm going to punch someone!
  • HyboriaWastelandsHyboriaWastelands Member CommonPosts: 1
    edited January 2017
    Hate grinding?

Join our super fast community Hyboria Wastlands X2 server with active admins for Conan Exiles:

X2: Player XP X2: Harvesting X2: Crafting

X2 means you get to play the game faster, less grind and have more fun!

Join starting 31st January - Server IP: 109.169.4.37:17001

FB: https://www.facebook.com/HyboriaWastelands/
  • Dayo23Dayo23 Member CommonPosts: 1
    holo
  • zephiriuszephirius Member UncommonPosts: 13
    That voice sounds a LOT like Mephisto....both cool and more than a little terrifying lol....