Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is this site so negative?

CrusadecrusherCrusadecrusher Member UncommonPosts: 283
On any given day this site has a new doom and gloom thread about mmorpgs. 

On any thread on a particular game it's full of people complaining about that game even when it's clear they don't play it.

Any time there is a thread about a developer it's full of people complaining about that developer.

Any time there is a thread about a game getting a massive update you are guaranteed to see a comment calling it NGE.  

Any time there is a thread about consoles the wanna be PC master race guys start foaming at the mouth and need to bash consoles. 

Any time there is a thread about a non mmorpg there are people complaining about discussing non mmorpgs on this site.  

It goes on and on the majority of the threads get hijacked by these complainers.  Why does this site encourage this behavior and why are so many of you so angry?  If mmorpgs or gaming in general makes you so angry why don't you look for a new hobby?  The genre has changed its time to adapt and accept defeat.  

Comments

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    In any given week, this site has a thread complaining about posts made by complainers !

It never changes, perhaps it's time to adapt and accept defeat... :lol:
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    This site did try to severely limit 2 sided discussions at one point.   the result was a dramatic downturn in visitors.  This is not simply because most people want to hear negative views, but these varying viewpoints are the content of the site.  If you simply want to read good things about a game... you likely already have a home for that on the official forums of that game.

There is also a wonderful feature the site has which lets you go an IGNORE posts from anyone you find too negative/positive or even if you just dislike their name!

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    happy people are playing not posting :P
  • Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731
    its not the site. its the community.
  • CrusadecrusherCrusadecrusher Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Moxom914 said:
    its not the site. its the community.
    This is a good point most official game forums are not any better, as weird as it sounds I've found specific games subreddit are by far the most positive place to get info.  The gaming community is a strange beast that's for sure.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    DMKano said:
    Never forget that game companies are here to make a profitable product, not cater to your individual needs.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Girley  Men, near as I can tell I could be wrong.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    I actually think it's gotten better over the years.  LOL
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    I think many people are negative because they are disappointed with the state of MMORPG's and MMO's today.   Expectations are so high for new games coming out that their dissatisfied with what has and is coming out lately.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220
    edited January 2017
    There is also a wonderful feature the site has which lets you go an IGNORE posts from anyone you find too negative/positive or even if you just dislike their name!
    Best thing I ever did was start to use this feature for certain (ok just one) people.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    Because doom and gloom is the rage.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    The majority of people that post on this site are avid MMO'ers and also consider themselves 'hard core'. Those 2 facts should tell you what you need to know about this site.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    kchisarik said:
    Best thing I ever did was start to use this feature for certain (ok just one) people.
    Yes. More people should use it. In today's social environment people think it's ok to try and stop others from expressing their thoughts.  It's very much this thought purity that concerns me most about where we,as a society are going. 

This site makes it simple. If you find someone else's speech disturbing simple hit that ignore button.  This way you can control what you choose to hear which is quite different from trying to control what others can say.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ScotchUpScotchUp Member UncommonPosts: 228
    Warlyx said:
    happy people are playing not posting :P
    This ^
    “The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”
    George Carlin
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Mmorpg players have had very little to be happy about within recent years. After the surge of creativity and wide selection of interesting and unique mmo's a decade ago. We've seen the last decade filled with either unoriginal WoW clones, minimum effort for max profit corporate titles from Western developers, and grindy/p2w/rng/depth-less Westernized Asian/Eastern mmo's.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    People love to bitch.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• ScotchUpScotchUp Member UncommonPosts: 228
    I ran across this site years ago http://rantsrefugees.proboards.com/ guess they made it when people couldn't complain about Asheron's Call 2. Looks like it is pretty much dead. So gaming sites like this with good debates about gaming is better than just a rant site I guess!

“The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”
    George Carlin
    DMKano said:
    Iselin said:
    DMKano said:
    Never forget that game companies are here to make a profitable product, not cater to your individual needs.

Thats the reality of global economy.

Even if you despise the above picture, how are you going to feed your family, make mortgage and car payments, take those vacations, buy xmas presents?

Yep keep praising the almighty Dollar because THAT is why you can sit in your house and play games.

Thats why devs and everyone keeps working "them jobs".

The power of dollar is larger than life.

It's also why the large corporate studios keep repeating the tried and true money makers instead of like, you know, taking chances.

Maybe you should think of game design as an art form instead of yet another business enterprise. You're here presumably because you enjoy playing quality games not because you're interested in games as an investment opportunity aren't you?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    "I'm positive".

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Iselin said:
    Maybe you should think of game design as an art form instead of yet another business enterprise.
    ..art is, yet another business.
    Gdemami said:
    Iselin said:
    Maybe you should think of game design as an art form instead of yet another business enterprise.
    ..art is, yet another business.
    To whores screwing is just a business too.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    May need to change the title. There is nothing wrong with the site.
    Maybe try: "Why are the people on this site so negative?"

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    Welcome to Earth.  You must be new around here if you haven't noticed that we humans like to complain a lot.  Another thing we're really good at is blaming others for our own mistakes.  The anonymity of the Internet does not ameliorate either of those tendencies.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    The OP must be new to the Internet.
    This is the most vanilla forum I visit.

DMKano said:
    Iselin said:
    DMKano said:
    Iselin said:
    DMKano said:

Thats the reality of global economy.

Even if you despise the above picture, how are you going to feed your family, make mortgage and car payments, take those vacations, buy xmas presents?

Yep keep praising the almighty Dollar because THAT is why you can sit in your house and play games.

Thats why devs and everyone keeps working "them jobs".

The power of dollar is larger than life.

It's also why the large corporate studios keep repeating the tried and true money makers instead of like, you know, taking chances.

Maybe you should think of game design as an art form instead of yet another business enterprise. You're here presumably because you enjoy playing quality games not because you're interested in games as an investment opportunity aren't you?

No I am here for the booze and chicks ;)
    How's that working out for you?

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

This discussion has been closed.