Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online - What Do We Want in 2017? - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageElder Scrolls Online - What Do We Want in 2017? - MMORPG.com

With Housing about to hit Elder Scrolls Online in Homestead next month, and with it pretty resoundingly winning our Player’s Choice award for MMO of the year in 2016, we think it’s time to look ahead to 2017 and what it could bring Tamriel. With every major desire since launch just about added to the game, what could the next 12 months bring ESO? We weigh in with some wants of our own.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Twitch : dren_utogi
  • ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    100% player driven economy, all items and equipment are player made. A good sci-fi mmo. A world that is vast with limited fast travel. No killing of bunnies ever.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Spellcrafting if it's anything like what was previewed at Quakecon 2014.

It's one of the legacy ES activities that's missing here just like it was missing in Skyrim. That would go a long way towards satisfying my desire to have new abilities without even needing to do new classes or new weapon lines.

Unfortunatley that was Nick Konkle's baby and it's been shelved since he left for Riot Games.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Dominoid73Dominoid73 Member UncommonPosts: 30

Iselin said:

Spellcrafting if it's anything like what was previewed at Quakecon 2014.

It's one of the legacy ES activities that's missing here just like it was missing in Skyrim. That would go a long way towards satisfying my desire to have new abilities without even needing to do new classes or new weapon lines.

Unfortunatley that was Nick Konkle's baby and it's been shelved since he left for Riot Games.

Spell Crafting is still coming and was mentioned as such in this interview in August 2016:

http://wccftech.com/elder-scrolls-online-interview-looking-ahead-with-game-director-matt-firor/
  • NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    ESO - the MMO that most play as a Single Player RPG.

I want to see open world PvP, Cyrodiil balanced and fixed (bugs, exploits and performance). I really don't care about Crown Store items or player housing when I can't enjoy playing the PvP in the game.

• dezmodiousdezmodious Member UncommonPosts: 7
    how about they just do away with classes. I thought the original selling point of the game was to be classless. Simple, pick 3 skills lines and that is your character.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Add a seamless open world onto the wish list and I'd be in heaven ;)

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Ilusion and Necromancy Abilities. They took out Necromancy probably because that is the one major enemy in the storyline, BUT.... NONETHELESS...
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited January 2017
    Underwater content.  Oh and a new class, Necromancer.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• OyjordOyjord Member UncommonPosts: 568
    edited January 2017
    A ) A new class

B ) Instanced BGs
  • black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 258
    hmm as an editor of this site i expected you knew what was up about all these since these were big stories recently. well i'll tell you.

new skill lines/skills will come in the shape of spellcrafting.

new class will be warden. it will be a nature based ranger type with a companion tree, frost tree and one that i cant recall atm. recent frost staff tankiness changes are related to this.

arena and battlegrounds will come.

farming in housing will come.

prophet didnt say he will be back , in fact he said the opposite and told us in orsinium that its the last time we see him. he foretold the coming daedra war involving nocturnal and mephala.

we will be going to vvardenfell (morrowind 15th year anniversary) which will be the biggest zone yet and the big new story will start with clockwork city.

all of these are known and will happen, this is not speculation. what we dont know is if we will get these things as an expansion or seperate dlcs and how things may change and tweaked along the way etc.

i will not be providing source or argue about any of these. what is known is known. if aynone is curious, google it.

cheers.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

hmm as an editor of this site i expected you knew what was up about all these since these were big stories recently. well i'll tell you.

new skill lines/skills will come in the shape of spellcrafting.

new class will be warden. it will be a nature based ranger type with a companion tree, frost tree and one that i cant recall atm. recent frost staff tankiness changes are related to this.

arena and battlegrounds will come.

farming in housing will come.

prophet didnt say he will be back , in fact he said the opposite and told us in orsinium that its the last time we see him. he foretold the coming daedra war involving nocturnal and mephala.

we will be going to vvardenfell (morrowind 15th year anniversary) which will be the biggest zone yet and the big new story will start with clockwork city.

all of these are known and will happen, this is not speculation. what we dont know is if we will get these things as an expansion or seperate dlcs and how things may change and tweaked along the way etc.

i will not be providing source or argue about any of these. what is known is known. if aynone is curious, google it.

cheers.

I've seen all that data-mined stuff, and I have some insight, but I'd rather wait for official word before making any claims.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    edited January 2017
    1. A better user interface. Doing writs for all crafting professions is simply frustrating because of it. You can't even see the writ when in crafting screen and you need to do the terrible active quest cycling, or dive into journal all the time to see the others. Not to mention the horrible slow update messages. You finish the writs before they are done showing on your mainscreen from taking them. Inventory and guild vendor screens are horrible too. Lacks basic filter and sort options. Oh and useless quest tracker. This is easily the worst UI I have seen in a MMO (as far as I can remember back anyway).

2. Group questing made more useful. I love One Tamriel, because mobs are always your lvl, so questing with your friends is always worth it, regardless of level difference. Except, the actual quest updates. If its not about killing mobs, you still have to do your quest on your own. Which is especially annoying in public dungeons where each have to get their own objectives and almost nothing updates for the whole group. Not being able to see if other people are on the same part of a quest, not being able to share quests, is highly annoying.

3. Their reasoning for not having a global auction house would not be as laughable if they actually placed the guild vendors just in the main hubs. Having guild vendors out in the field with barely a village in sight, makes absolutely no sense at all from their so called immersion stand point. Why would a major vendor set up shop there?
    Not to mention trying to find an item you want, which is a total waste of time because of this. Guilds are useless mostly anyway in this game, beyond the trade purpose, which is just not enough.

Apart from this, I love the game though :p
  • SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520
    All of you people asking for it to be classless are a bit silly. It basically is classless, you are just required to pick one starting (class) skill line. You cannot access other class skill lines. That is simply because they do not want players to be able to have multiple class skill lines on the same character (for balancing and functionality reasons). Every skill line beyond that is basically up to you as a player...want to be a Nightblade Healer? Why not?
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    edited January 2017
    Regarding wanting a more casual form of pvp, ESO's pvp is one of it's weakest features which is why hardcore pvp'ers like me and 99% of those I knew in 2+ years of ESO are no longer there. Therefore, the current state of ESO is extremely casual friendly due to most of the pvp population left in the PC version being casual themselves.

Now, playing on ESO's strengths which has nothing to do with PVP I would like to see them add 2 new classes, several new weapon skill lines, a new race or two, and bring some pve/rp meaning back to the factions to address the lack of it in One Tamriel. It's also about time they give up on their "immersion" obsession at or around launch and install some type of central AH, perhaps keep it the way it is now but add a central location that includes items from each guild store, but with an extra 5% or larger tax not found at the store's vendor.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    1. A real auction house that isn't a huge pain in the ass just to even think about buying something.

2. Guilds that are guilds and not customers.

3. Meaningful character progression. Not this new-age, grind for skill points and open everything and have no thought character progression. I would like to see a deep (much deeper) system that matters. Make the crappy skill gem things a resource needed to respec.

I don't know why the big mmorpgs people like nowadays are just boring grinds. FF whatever the newer mmo is called has the biggest grind class system imaginable for almost nothing in return chardev wise besides it is a needed to do or else. ESO has made buying anything a huge pain in the ass. At least let people made a real action house mod that requires no running around so normal people can just shop normally. ESO also wants you to grind every skill you get to open it up for some unknown reason.

Now, the other big mmos is grind crafting - usually "survival" games, or games that claim that label. Craft, craft, craft, craft grind boring boring. All games now are getting far more grindy (it seems to me) instead of less. Less grinding sounds good to me.

I heard of the wow private servers too late. I would have loved to have played on a server for Vanilla, BC, or WotLK when wow was good and every expansion added complexity and new systems instead of stripping all complexity away.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680

All of you people asking for it to be classless are a bit silly. It basically is classless, you are just required to pick one starting (class) skill line. You cannot access other class skill lines. That is simply because they do not want players to be able to have multiple class skill lines on the same character (for balancing and functionality reasons). Every skill line beyond that is basically up to you as a player...want to be a Nightblade Healer? Why not?

Yeah right
    Try getting in any group content with a custom build that doesn't follow the elitist players rules on a build in this game. They famously kick anyone from group content with builds like that.
  • josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577

open world pvp , no instancing and dx12

Cyrodiil is open world PvP. That zone has a landmass that is bigger than what most MMOs have in their entire game. It's as big as whole Eastern Kingdoms or Kalimdor as an example.

The only thing that ESO's PvP doesn't have yet would be smaller scale instanced PvP (Imperial city is dynamic battlegrounds system), and Arenas.
  • TENTINGTENTING Member UncommonPosts: 262
    BGs?

Nice, can finally move to ESO permanently then! And wait a minute, I actually can!
    Cause housing!

Flawless! Victory!
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    They need to do housing RIGHT. The fact they had 3 years to figure it out and implemented it the way they did makes this wish list laughable.

Game is full on cash shop now and if it doesnt have any crown significance or way to exploit cash from peopel it wont be added.
  • meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917
    Reading all of these crazy requests I'm going to add a sane one to the list. How about more weapon type and Spell skills? That would make it more interesting. Right now in Magick there are no fire spells really in any of the spellslinging classes there's a start. There needs to be tier ii skillsets for everything so that when players reach 100 on that skill line it opens up a new set a skills to use which could be completely interchangeable with the ones already in the game.
  • geremadygeremady Member UncommonPosts: 73
    What we will be getting is an ever growing emphasis on the crown store which will slowly drive me away from the game.
  • MegilindirMegilindir Member UncommonPosts: 223
    edited January 2017
    Full time PvE player here.

Personally I would like to see old school Elder Scrolls classes as in bard, monk, battlemage etc. in the form of sub-classes. Shadowbane was a good example of this kind of thing. Maybe add 2-3 active skills and a passive line, nothing big ( like vampire and ww skill trees )

Trait stones and traits in general always feel like they lack the intended purpose. I hate to lean towards 1-2 of them amongst the 9. It'd be great to have a revamp on traits and maybe shape them into another system. ( Maybe use those trait stones as a form of "attunement" therefore creating aforementioned sub classes. Make them expensive, hard to obtain, help the economy. )

A transmutation system is what I hope from the devs. Let us transmute the appereance of dropped items.

I would love to see economy changes. I hate to buy/sell motifs, tannins&tempers and potions if not raw materials all the time. Dropped sets that sell for hundred thousands of gold are what I wouldnt count as a stable economy.

And crafting. I am sitting with 50 in all crafting with all passives full. What i do is craft occasional spellpower pots, a twice born star in a month and pretty much nothing else. ( oh..food ) It feels like there is not enough purpose to craft "things" . ( Homestead you say, yes but not enough purpose. )

Another form of dungeoneering would be a welcoming addition. Something like GW2 Fractals or a group based Maelstrom Arena thingy could be good fun. ( Dont tell me Dragonstar Arena already )

Make the trait stones a rare drop from world bosses. Completely remove traits from crafting. Let us use those trait stones as an alternative form of progression or build. Create a more meaningful market and crafting.

I should keep dreaming I know...

beLIEve

• DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    From a social aspect, they need to reform that part of the game and make grouping a bigger part of the game, particularly for PvE and particularly in the leveling process. I have one 50, and I could never level up again in this game. I haven't played it in months because the Queues are super long, and that's assuming you won't get kicked out of a group if you can't carry the other people or live up to their fictional standards when you port into the instance.

Guilds are also way too disposable.
  • MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220
    more skill slots