Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cinematic Trailer. Launch Times & Pricing Revealed - Conan Exiles - MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    One thing about Funcom that I admire they have very good ideas but their problem lies in the execution. I would try this but the PvP scared me away anyway I will have fun watching the videos of you all playing.

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    I love how people think "not wanting to Pay for something" = "cant pay for something"

Strange but anyway, to me I don't care if it costs $1.00 I'm not buying it unfinished that's just me. 

I don't buy anything else in life unfinished and If I did get something that seemed unfinished, like a coat, a car, food etc.. I would instantly take it back and get my money back or a finished one. Call it what you want, its not about money its about my own personal ethos. Never pay for something unfinished, if you do get the product unfinished then take it back and get a new one. Very simple. 

Also when you exchange money for something, you enter a verbal agreement, Even if they say no refunds they are expected to take your money in exchange for a working, finished product. 

So YES, anybody who pays for EA games are possibly acting on impulse. That's who EA is directed at. They don't need MORE money to finish the game, EA is the same thing as a soft launch these days. So basically you cant wait to play said game so ok pay for EA..companies have focus groups based on impulse buyers trust me.. if they were honest they would call it Impulse Access, I'm sure they have other reasons why they EA but the bottom line is its directed at Impulse Buyers.

I'm okay with that, to each his own, i'm just saying its not for me. 

Also Early Access unfinished game is not the same as EA Finished game for instance.. 3 day Early Access to Mass Effect Andromeda. That's a finished product, you are getting 3 day early access because you pre ordered.  I'm sure we all know the difference. 
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

edited January 2017
    Scorchien said:
    All this pissin as usual for nothing ,Its 30$ FFS, if 30$ is that much of concern, perhaps focus on other parts of your life , would be a good suggestion .. And.. Its on STeam , so you will have 2 hours to play it and refund if you dont like it ..

The idea of EA is to support a project you have interest in ,Thats who they are targeting , if you dont want to support an EA game dont .. But to Piss and moan about 30 fuggin dollars is sad and pathetic ..

Lol!  totally agree with you. 

If you are an adult and you really can't pay $30 or £40 in my case then you really need to get a grip on life. 
    Next they will be blaming it on immigrants   "no fare edwardo plays Conan Exile's, he must of stole the loots " wrong!  he has a god damn job. 

Save  £10/€10 or $10 a week then in four you can buy the game if you really can't afford it off the bat. 
    What logic is this? I agree if you don't have $30 bucks in your account or pocket then yes you have bigger issues other than games but lets face it there arent many people ONLINE who dont have that money, just having internet access is about that price a month. Most people online have jobs. 

But just to reiterate lets get rid of "Person complains about price" = "Person cannot afford price" ..

Really if a person thinks twice about paying for something that's ok, if you don't then to each his own but its ALWAYS a good idea in general for people to consider what they are GETTING for PRICE.

Also its really weird to assume what people have in their bank accounts based on a forum post. Telling people to save 10 for 4 weeks is weird. Im sure they know basic math. I dont think anybody here is upset because they cant afford a 30 dollar game.. its that paying for a 30 dollar EA  game isnt worth it to them because EA (Unfinished) 

Personally I hope the EA Unfinished game trend dies.

I love EA like 3 days on a finished game.. I love that, but I will never buy something unfinished. 
    Post edited by klash2def on
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited January 2017
    klash2def said:
    I love how people think "not wanting to Pay for something" = "cant pay for something"

Strange but anyway, to me I don't care if it costs $1.00 I'm not buying it unfinished that's just me. 

I don't buy anything else in life unfinished and If I did get something that seemed unfinished, like a coat, a car, food etc.. I would instantly take it back and get my money back or a finished one. Call it what you want, its not about money its about my own personal ethos. Never pay for something unfinished, if you do get the product unfinished then take it back and get a new one. Very simple. 

Also when you exchange money for something, you enter a verbal agreement, Even if they say no refunds they are expected to take your money in exchange for a working, finished product. 

So YES, anybody who pays for EA games are possibly acting on impulse. That's who EA is directed at. They don't need MORE money to finish the game, EA is the same thing as a soft launch these days. So basically you cant wait to play said game so ok pay for EA..companies have focus groups based on impulse buyers trust me.. if they were honest they would call it Impulse Access, I'm sure they have other reasons why they EA but the bottom line is its directed at Impulse Buyers.

Also Early Access unfinished game is not the same as EA Finished game for instance.. 3 day Early Access to Mass Effect Andromeda. That's a finished product, you are getting 3 day early access because you pre ordered.  I'm sure we all know the difference. 
    This is exactly it. The people that buy EA stuff on impulse are usually (not always) the ones QQ'ing when these projects end up going under or stay in EA for years on end without any progress reports. And then wonder why none of this will change. Companies only listen to money, very rarely to people in this day and age. So the answer is simple as to how to make them listen, your wallet. But again, individualism. "Its my money, I can do what I want." Unfortunately, you aren't the only one thinking like that. And things go full circle. But as they say "A fool and his money..." Also, I'm not commenting against Funcom, just the EA process in general. Very little fruit has been produced from it and its not because the idea is bad, but because the rules aren't strict enough to make it work properly. But if there's not a loud enough roar, nothing changes.
    edited January 2017
    Albatroes said:
    klash2def said:

This is exactly it. The people that buy EA stuff on impulse are usually (not always) the ones QQ'ing when these projects end up going under or stay in EA for years on end without any progress reports. And then wonder why none of this will change. Companies only listen to money, very rarely to people in this day and age. So the answer is simple as to how to make them listen, your wallet. But again, individualism. "Its my money, I can do what I want." Unfortunately, you aren't the only one thinking like that. And things go full circle. But as they say "A fool and his money..." Also, I'm not commenting against Funcom, just the EA process in general. Very little fruit has been produced from it and its not because the idea is bad, but because the rules aren't strict enough to make it work properly. But if there's not a loud enough roar, nothing changes.
    I agree. I love Funcom, i hope this game is a super win for them, i'm just not going to buy EA. I did enjoy TSW, AOC, even AO back in the day one of my fav mmos ever.

I'm curious how many EA games actually came out and started to make a profit compared to the EA games in development hell, limbo or still stuck in "EA" 

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    edited January 2017
    All these people complaining about EA lol. I'll bet my yearly salary that most of them will be playing,  miraculously they will find a reason why EA aren't so bad after all. 

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Bjelar said:
    This is going to be interesting.
    Funcom rep + a lot of people new to the survival game genre + EA +Payed early access = popcorn
    So true.

I am holding fingers crossed for them But Funcom barely manages to tune their games years after launch.

I personally will wait...and wait

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    (sigh) not an mmorpg.....npc crafting
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    It's a bit tricky when it comes down to EA. When I am paying for EA, I expect the game to get finished at some point. I don't mind the delays, but I do mind if it never completes.

Some might argue that for example I got 20 hours of gameplay for $20, and I got my money's worth. Well, not exactly. Because we're giving them money way before we should, so they can FINISH their project--it is a bit generous of people whom do, in return they let us dip into the game before it actually launches--this is the whole contract, nothing less, nothing more. 

We can never know if they'd hold on to their promise. And going for reputable people only doesn't help neither. I've purchased many an EA so far, and my only regrets are SOTA and Landmark. 

@DMKano 's suggestion is right, about checking the project's status and plan and everything. I guess we need some sort of a reviewing company to act as middle-man and verify the projects and the people behind them, their plan and their budget management and everything. Whoever wants to setup an EA shop or a crowdfunding campaign should pay for their services and gets verified. Something like this would help a lot. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    klash2def said:
    Scorchien said:
    All this pissin as usual for nothing ,Its 30$ FFS, if 30$ is that much of concern, perhaps focus on other parts of your life , would be a good suggestion .. And.. Its on STeam , so you will have 2 hours to play it and refund if you dont like it ..

The idea of EA is to support a project you have interest in ,Thats who they are targeting , if you dont want to support an EA game dont .. But to Piss and moan about 30 fuggin dollars is sad and pathetic ..

If you are an adult and you really can't pay $30 or £40 in my case then you really need to get a grip on life. 
    Next they will be blaming it on immigrants   "no fare edwardo plays Conan Exile's, he must of stole the loots " wrong!  he has a god damn job. 

Save  £10/€10 or $10 a week then in four you can buy the game if you really can't afford it off the bat. 
    What logic is this? I agree if you don't have $30 bucks in your account or pocket then yes you have bigger issues other than games but lets face it there arent many people ONLINE who dont have that money, just having internet access is about that price a month. Most people online have jobs. 

But just to reiterate lets get rid of "Person complains about price" = "Person cannot afford price" ..

Really if a person thinks twice about paying for something that's ok, if you don't then to each his own but its ALWAYS a good idea in general for people to consider what they are GETTING for PRICE.

Also its really weird to assume what people have in their bank accounts based on a forum post. Telling people to save 10 for 4 weeks is weird. Im sure they know basic math. I dont think anybody here is upset because they cant afford a 30 dollar game.. its that paying for a 30 dollar EA  game isnt worth it to them because EA (Unfinished) 

I love EA like 3 days on a finished game.. I love that, but I will never buy something unfinished. 

To be fair, he's agreeing with someone who said, essentially, what you're saying. So I think it's less about logic and more about interpretation. 

That being said, I have no problem with people, like you, who will simply not back an unfinished game. Personally, I WILL back EA or crowdfunded games, BUT I won't usually play it for more than an hour or so during EA or Alpha/Beta. I'm very story-driven and I feel like that story aspect is somewhat broken if you're playing it over and over in EA, server wipe after server wipe. Also, my time, as an adult, is limited, and I've done my time in alpha/beta tests, so I'll wait for the finished product. But I do support development. For people that support it and play EA, knock yourself out. I don't really understand it, but as long as it makes them happy, I suppose. 

Personally, I hope the EA trend doesn't die. This system has been in place for over a decade anyway. When closed betas were a thing, you would pay hundreds of dollars on eBay to get a beta key. Fuck, people made a living off selling beta keys lol. So I think that EA and paid "alpha"/beta access actually makes sure that everyone has an equal opportunity access the game early. Also, it makes sure the money goes into the pockets of the developer and not someone else. Finally, it gives people the opportunity to contribute to something they want to see made and gives developers the opportunity to get an idea of how receptive people would be to the idea. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Some of us I suspect have long memories - I certainly do. And there was a time when the norm was for games to release "unfinished". Blizzard - pre-Activision - got a reputation for not doing so; EA - a few years back especially - a reputation for pushing games out unfinished.

Things change. Blizzard have arguably acquired some blemishes - still OK but. EA have turned it around after clear customer displeasure - that started before the two awards), Zenimax ..... hmmm

And these memories probably taint discussions about EA. Should they though? I think that depends.

On the one hand unfinished means untested; bugs and more bugs; server crashes; classes unbalanced and so forth. These are the games that damage - or blemish! - a company reputation. On the other hand though unfinished can mean "testws but quests not finished; features not yet added. A game can survive these if customers know that they are missing and if they are "easy to add" features that will require vast amounts of testing.

Two different scenarios. If things are clear I believe "we" can "put up" with the "content to add" scenario, Whenit comes to "bugs" though we absolutely do not want to see a return to the "bad days"; the bar has to be zero bugs - and then we cuts devs some slack. For if we send a message that "some bugs" are acceptable it will be a case of how much can they get away with.

Hopefully this Conan game will just be lacking "features" when it launches and people understand this. As I say some people have long memories including that of AoC.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    edited January 2017
    Seems interesting, but not my style of game so will hold off until it becomes clear its a winner.

I've ignored the survival genre as it seems almost every title launches as EA and never really gets "released" as a complete game.

Also, Steam only? Just no.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

All these people complaining about EA lol. I'll bet my yearly salary that most of them will be playing,  miraculously they will find a reason why EA aren't so bad after all. 

No, if somebody is saying they wont support EA that means they more than likely aren't going to support EA. What type of bet is that? Your yearly salary? lol okay..

Its a simple concept called "wait and see"

CrazKanuk said:
    klash2def said:
    Scorchien said:

To be fair, he's agreeing with someone who said, essentially, what you're saying. So I think it's less about logic and more about interpretation. 
    I agree with the rest of your post, but I think you should go read what he said.. nothing EITHER of them said is the same thing I'm saying. They are talking down on people "complaining" about EA because its ONLY $30.. I'm saying its not about the money for people that have issues with EA its the principle of paying for something not finished. You do have some valid points, just wanted to point that part out. 

• TacticalZombehTacticalZombeh Member UncommonPosts: 430
    I'll be eagerly awaiting my favorite Twitch streamers playing this game extensively before even considering a purchase.

I do hope it's good.
  • RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584
    edited January 2017
    Rubbish company charging too much for a clone of their own game. Seems legit.
    "Shh! It's mystically better than everything else funcon has published in 20 years, cuz EA!"
  • CrusadecrusherCrusadecrusher Member UncommonPosts: 283
    DMKano said:

gervaise1 said:

DMKano said:

DrunkWolf said:

30 bucks is a good price, hell i spent more than that at the bar last night.

Well at a bar you know exactly what you get for $30.

Would you be ok if the bar tender gave you half empty drinks that were not even what you paid for?

Thats what you get with EA - half baked unknowns

At the bar $30 gets you three drinks plus depending on the bar those drinks are watered down,  if you made those drinks yourself at home it would cost maybe $15.  

/analogy failed please try again. 

The analogy is fine. Am analogy doesn't have to match the price!

In this case it would be like ordering a gin & tonic and just getting the tonic. (Well we are still distilling the gin you understand it will be along later - unless the bar has to close down.

I don't see anything wrong with the suggestion that buyers get more info. As it stands Early Access could mean anything. Game not due to finish for 5 years - or in several cases - never.

Edit: graphically the game looks good; and the lore / background story is ideal. This could turn out to be one of the better "survival" games.

There is plenty of info on Conan Exiles they have even said how long they plan to be in early access and which feature will not be available at first in early access.  It's not their fault if at this point somebody buying EA of Conan Exiles doesn't understand what they are getting. 

So what % completed is Conan Exiles currently, if its so clear? Yeah...
    Why are you always so negative?  Every thread all you do is complain if gaming makes you that miserable maybe it's time to find a new hobby...

• CrusadecrusherCrusadecrusher Member UncommonPosts: 283
    edited January 2017
    Scorchien said:

Or maybe for some people, this is a matter of principle rather than ability to afford a 30 dollar PC game.  

Maybe some people do not want to support early access games because their financial "success" contributes to monetization trends which they are not happy about.

Also, the value of money is subjective. I disagree that it is "sad and pathetic" to what you refer to as "piss and moan" about 30 dollars. Why would it be?

It is pissing and moaning that's  all this site is a bunch of Pathetic crabby old men crying.  They hijack every thread into a bitch fest it pathetic.
  • RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584
    Scorchien said:

Or maybe for some people, this is a matter of principle rather than ability to afford a 30 dollar PC game.  

Maybe some people do not want to support early access games because their financial "success" contributes to monetization trends which they are not happy about.

Also, the value of money is subjective. I disagree that it is "sad and pathetic" to what you refer to as "piss and moan" about 30 dollars. Why would it be?

It is pissing and moaning that's  all this site is a bunch of Pathetic crabby old men crying.  They hijack every thread into a bitch fest it pathetic.
    After this piece of crap is released and you start to realize you just paid money for nothing at all - I'll be the first crabby-man and calling you out for it.
    edited January 2017
    curious ,hows EA doing?

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301
    The cinematic is cool. Lets see how the game goes.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    edited January 2017
    klash2def said:
    curious ,hows EA doing?

As of now there are 549 positive reviews  and 353 negative reviews on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/440900/

While I was posting 2 more negative reviews were added.