Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Account Creation

LuidenLuiden Member RarePosts: 336
Maybe I'm stupid but this game must have the most complex account creation process I've ever seen in a MMORPG.  When  you sign up then don't send you the confirmation e-mail that they state they will send.  You have to googling to find out what the heck is going on.. looks like I may have created an account years ago (would have been nice if they would have told me that while creating).  Trying to recover that account is a night mare... you can't get the login ID without opening a ticket.. and who knows how long that will take.

Fine, create a new gmail account and then create a new account.. get the confirmation email... nope, can't login to the client with that account.  No explanation why.  Go and reset that password, still can't login.

I've played a lot of MMORPGs and I don't think I've ran across one that is so hell bent on you being able to create an account and actually play their game.  

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited January 2017
    The only company with a worst account management system than Square Enix is NCSOFT, so yes your struggles are real here with SE.

I tried to change my password and i received the email with the link to change it almost a week later. The funny thing is the link is only valid for 24 hours after you request it or something like that. A week later when i received the email, and i already had remembered my password so it was useless.

At least FFXIV account management is just unnecessarily slow and tedious, NCSOFT account management is flat out terrible.