Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Old EQ1 Friends

Comments

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    Old Emarr veteran here myself, haven't played in a good while though. The friends and community were the biggest reason that I played as long as I did.

Have to admit Pantheon does look good on paper. Not holding my breath though, I'm hoping I will be pleasantly surprised when it finally releases.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I played on Solusek Ro.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• gothokaosgothokaos Member UncommonPosts: 145
    UO: Leviathan and Gothokaos on the Baja server. I ran with Cult of the 7 Sins. That was launch to 1999.

EQ: Gothokaos, Erudite Mage on Innoruuk. Was with Forsaken Children and then Formidable from launch to Planes of Power.

EQ2: Jalgur, Dark Elf Inquisitor and Thulek, Ratonga Troubador originally from Befallen. Was with Desolation and then Shadowed Strife. My wife was Jamah, a human Shadowknight. I changed servers years later and raided a bit with Halls of Olympus. Jalgur's name was changed to Baijan.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Its going to be very hard to find old EQ friends in Pantheon....I cant even find them when I log back into EQ occasionally.....
  • Heffy424Heffy424 Member UncommonPosts: 524
    I played on Tallon Zek until it merged into Zek, I also played on Karana/Rathe. I'll list the characters i played below the most and guilds.

Tallon Zek
    Eune (Mage)- Erud's Chosen, HAC, Stature of the Gods.
    Fdyen (Paladin) - Peacekeepers, Knights of the White Rose

Karana/Rathe
    Neainie (Druid) - Can't remember any guilds I was in I soloed a lot.
    Nishi (Warrior) - My 2 box tank.

• MrkuikenMrkuiken Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Its going to be very hard to find old EQ friends in Pantheon....I cant even find them when I log back into EQ occasionally.....
    Thats why we created a Facebook group when we quit EQ in the end of 2010.
    Half the guild quit EQ, 10+ members went to Realm of Insanity and the rest scattered over Machin shin/Triton/InverseLoigic/IL and some others.

Blaat (Druid) Dark Horizon - Zeb/Xegony

We will be back in Pantheon just not sure in what form yet.
  • WarEnsembleWarEnsemble Member UncommonPosts: 252
    $100 for beta access? Nope.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,915
    My old friends from Everquest do not play MMORPGs any more. Lot of them play on consoles these days.

• MrkuikenMrkuiken Member UncommonPosts: 33
    $100 for beta access? Nope.
    Seems a lot but its because they are out of Alpha slots and almost out of Beta slots.
    In the begin(first year) you could had got Alpha access for 35 bucks same as Beta access.
    and the last 2/3 years you could had got Beta access for around 35 bucks as well.
    Its just recent that they put a stop on Alpha access and i bet they will do the same with Beta access.

And lets go Ontopic now again:)
  • RakujiRakuji Member UncommonPosts: 144

Rakuji - Halfling Druid - Harlequin Smile / Loyal Rebellion /  Brotherhood of Norrath

Server - Terris-Thule / Prexus

Kick to the Face.

• ManawydanManawydan Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Guess no one from old Bertox around? 

I played mostly there and a short while on Firona Vie

Main character: Navarre.

Guilds:  Full Circle, Voice of One, Barmy Army, and Gnostic Knights

• FeyshteyFeyshtey Member UncommonPosts: 137
    Aazamn/Gorindell on Prexus. 
    Several guilds, including Order of the Phoenix, Phoenix Elite, and Shining Alliance.

-Feyshtey-

• Mandalorian2KMandalorian2K Member UncommonPosts: 6

Kilarr Corpusvoco - Dark Elf Necromancer - Unbroken Promise / Dawntreaders / Novus Initium

Server - Terris-Thule / Prexus / The Rathe (all the mergers)

• GrymGrym Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Grymspeak Goblinsbane, started in Order of Ebony Souls, merged with another guild to form Second Age, and then helped form Encomium Cadre on Cazic Thule.

(My son speaking to his Japanese Grandmother) " Sorry Obaba, I don't speak Japanese, I only speak human."

• boojiboyboojiboy Member UncommonPosts: 1,553
    Scott23 said:
    boojiboy said:
    Fazzar - Wizard (Prexus)

Alliance of the Griffin (for awhile anyway :) )
    Did our guild merge into another in the later years on Prexus?  If so who?  I'm curious.  Alliance of the Griffin continued on into Vanguard, now a lot of us are waiting on Pantheon.
  • LasterbaLasterba Member UncommonPosts: 137
    Titian Giotto (Monk) - Tenet - Maelin Starpyre

Lasteran Giotto (Cleric) - Tenet - Maelin Starpyre

I see these threads all the time but I never see anyone from Maelin Starpyre :(
  • GravebladeGraveblade Member UncommonPosts: 547
    I played on Sullon Zek, loved the Neutral vs Good vs Evil aspect to that server. If you are say, a shadowknight, and see a druid... you know shits going to go down. haha. :pleased:

Main characters name was Nerbulas Goredred the gnome necromancer.
    mcd6993
    Started playing mmorpg's in 1996 and have been hooked ever since. It began with Kingdom of Drakkar, Ultima Online, Everquest, DAoC, WoW...
  • krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Kruler Iksar Necro  on Crazic Thule , before that Hippydeadslapper Paladin, yeah we all make mistakes.

Started off when first rolled into the game on the Nameless server but the damn thing was cursed and was always down when no other servers were.. So when it got its nickname Gameless I jumped to Crazic.

Looked at EQ1 again recently looked at Nameless server and there he was the over 15 years old Paladin still proudly wearing bronze armour and a minotaur  axe.

• Scott23Scott23 Member UncommonPosts: 293
    boojiboy said:
    Scott23 said:
    boojiboy said:
    Fazzar - Wizard (Prexus)

Did our guild merge into another in the later years on Prexus?  If so who?  I'm curious.  Alliance of the Griffin continued on into Vanguard, now a lot of us are waiting on Pantheon.
    After just about everybody had moved on AotG became an alt guild for one of the top raiding guilds on Prexus.  For the life of me I can't remember the name of it - it was the guild that Omcduffy (not Mcduffy) was in.  All I know was that I was probably kicked for inactivity as I had moved on to EQ2 before that happened.  The few times I have logged back in to EQ I was unguilded.
    Scott23 said:
    boojiboy said:
    Scott23 said:
    boojiboy said:
    Fazzar - Wizard (Prexus)

After just about everybody had moved on AotG became an alt guild for one of the top raiding guilds on Prexus.  For the life of me I can't remember the name of it - it was the guild that Omcduffy (not Mcduffy) was in.  All I know was that I was probably kicked for inactivity as I had moved on to EQ2 before that happened.  The few times I have logged back in to EQ I was unguilded.
    Yes, that's right... now I remember.  But I can't remember the name of the raiding guild either.  I was just messaging McDuffy last week.  He's currently playing WoW :)  McDuffy created the Alliance of the Griffin guild back in the 70s I think as a D&D group  :)
  • Hyperion24Hyperion24 Member UncommonPosts: 3
    I watched the Pantheon teams latest showcase video of the game on you-tube ( December 2016) , a  three hour adventure with all of the dev's and enjoyed the memories it brought back. Really looking forward to this titles debut.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slWD1F7_WUM

If anyone wants an old school fix of Everquest that's in a similar state to when wow launched in 2004, (As many of us had left) the Emu server Project-2002 Al'Kabor is available with a small but friendly community. All files(free) are hosted with an easy download and install. It has a manual 3 box limit, enforced.
    http://p2002.com/
  • zazzzazz Member UncommonPosts: 408
    Please guys I love to hear all the other chats too , but I just want this to be a thread as hard as it is that people can just skim through to see if there was anybody on same server or guild and hopefully a old friend, if it gets convoluted in here its just a pain.

Before you say it I know I've just added to this now myself but hopefully this is the last one.

Regards

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Bristlebane server - Quantis Darklight - Erudite Paladin - 1998-2001

Joined - July 2004

boojiboy said:
    Scott23 said:
    boojiboy said:
    Scott23 said:
    boojiboy said:
    Fazzar - Wizard (Prexus)

Yes, that's right... now I remember.  But I can't remember the name of the raiding guild either.  I was just messaging McDuffy last week.  He's currently playing WoW :)  McDuffy created the Alliance of the Griffin guild back in the 70s I think as a D&D group  :)
    It was Eternus Astralis!!  Friend of mine remembered.
  • PaelonPaelon Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Server: Druzzil Ro
    Main: Paelon Vah Shir Bard
    Alts: Phiker Beastlord
            Balraka Iksar SK
            Pikkon Iksar Monk