Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i am interesded

conmangconmang Member Posts: 1

i havent got the game yet but i am interested, is it a pay monthly game or is it a game that you buy once and then play 4 life, cheers, i cant seem 2 find anywhere 2 clarify this

CG image

[SoL]NIGHTHAWK

Comments

• CennCenn Member Posts: 239

https://secure.eve-online.com/
    to buy the game

http://www.eve-online.com/faq/faq_08.asp

account subscription costs.

its a pay per month game.

• P_JazzyP_Jazzy Member Posts: 2

Try the 14-day trial not that its long enough to do the game justice ::::16::

• ShijukiShijuki Member UncommonPosts: 318

It's a lot more than what most games offers.

• SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386

There are only 2 bigbudget MMO type games that you don't pay for:

GW
    &
    Shadowbane

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me
  • JhughesyJhughesy Member Posts: 419
    and the Shadowbane development company just sacked all its developers so you can guess which way that game is going.
  • DruidblueDruidblue Member Posts: 28

Originally posted by SnaKey

There are only 2 bigbudget MMO type games that you don't pay for:
    GW
    &
    Shadowbane

As said, Shadowbane is heading to extinction which is the only reason it is free (the design chain is broken), and Guild Wars is only an MMO-type game. It is *not* an MMO/MMGS, it's an OCG. 

MMGS = Massively Multiplayer Gaming Service. You know, an MMORPG like this website? By nature of the design and development, they *always* cost money.

OCG = Online computer game- like Diablo 2.  Lots of players... in a virtual lobby (in Guild Wars, this is the towns.) However the in-game play is instanced, therefore eliminating the design issues and costs inherent in an MMGS. Which is always interesting to learn about! 

But, in the meantime as the constant rule, if it's an MMORPG, it costs a monthly fee.  If it's free after the box- it's likely only an online computer game.

I use a new and improved term: MMGS = Massively Multiplayer Gaming Service.

• SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386

Originally posted by Druidblue
    Guild Wars is only an MMO-type game. ...... <snip>.

I know, I argue this everywhere and ppl think I'm flaming the game... even though usually in the same thread I say how much I love GW. ::::12::
    But, I've come to accept the fact that it may be an MMO, but not a MMORPG. I still don't think it's a MMO, but I also don't feel like explaining it every-single-time I post something about it.

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me
  • copperfwtxcopperfwtx Member Posts: 15
    ^^^ aw man, wtf.  Get banned will ya!
  • finco_elitefinco_elite Member Posts: 1
    i think its monthly payments. try checking out the eve website.