Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Ship of Heroes - Character Creation Demo

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Ship of Heroes - Character Creation Demo

MMORPG.com is the leading destination for MMORPG games, news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

Comments

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    woah , they really are advancing at fast paced rate :o , if its as close as possible to COH/COV instant buy here no doubt!
  • cumonovcumonov Member CommonPosts: 1
    Warlyx said:
    woah , they really are advancing at fast paced rate :o , if its as close as possible to COH/COV instant buy here no doubt!
    йй
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Certainly a game to keep an eye on.
    --------------------------------------------
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Could be something. I'll have to keep an eye on it.
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464

Albatroes said:

Could be something. I'll have to keep an eye on it.

Jinx!
    --------------------------------------------
  • xIRLxxIRLx Member CommonPosts: 7
    Holy cow. I could see myself being lost in this thing for hours on end.
  • Blaze_RockerBlaze_Rocker Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Just a few weeks ago I thought SoH was likely to be nothing but a scam aimed at former CoH players, now I'm starting to change my mind. HGC appears to have done a lot of work in a short amount of time. Either they've been working on their game a lot longer than they claim or they know exactly how to hustle people. Lets hope it's the former because I'm starting to like what I see.

I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    From what I understand, the other groups are volunteer groups who do development on their particular hero game after their normal business hours. Whereas these guys look like they're making it a full time job and had been working on it for about a year prior to the notice that they even existed. Being able to devote time/efforts like this will of course give them a huge advantage and allow for more rapid changes. I'm rooting for them as well as City of Titans and Valiance.
  • HighMarshalHighMarshal Member UncommonPosts: 414
    I do hope Ship of Heroes is a working title and they go with something less corny for release.
  • xIRLxxIRLx Member CommonPosts: 7
    edited January 2017

I do hope Ship of Heroes is a working title and they go with something less corny for release.

Idk. The more I hear the title and after having watched the ship concept video it's sort of growing on me. Plus the title acronym, SoH, kind of rolls off my tongue. It's just a title either way and it doesn't really matter. For me all that matters is that it's fun to play and also, it needs to look really cool. I'm a stiffler for graphics.
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited January 2017
    Ship of Heros is fine if they give you an actual spaceship (game's equivalent of housing) that you can fly around and stuff it full of your heros.

If they don't, then I'd think anyone who starts the game up without knowing much about it prior has the right to say "WHERE IS THE SHIP OF HEROS THAT I WAS PROMISED!?"
  • QuarterStackQuarterStack Member RarePosts: 546

Tiamat64 said:

Ship of Heros is fine if they give you an actual spaceship (game's equivalent of housing) that you can fly around and stuff it full of your heros.

If they don't, then I'd think anyone who starts the game up without knowing much about it prior has the right to say "WHERE IS THE SHIP OF HEROS THAT I WAS PROMISED!?"

Well considering you're all on a massive ship to begin with.... I think it works out either way :p
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    edited January 2017
    My feelings on this game progressed like this;

1) OMGWTFBBQ a new CoH!
    2) They got into the game awfully late, are they just looking for a quick KS payday and going to skip town?
    3) This game still has my interest and I am going to follow it although with a bit of trepidation
    4) I'm starting to get really excited about this game...

As long as they keep showing progress, I am in. I have some money set aside for a superheroey game kickstarter, I may put it in this one if things keep going at this pace.
    Post edited by GladDog on

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Shippy of Heroes? :wink:

Costume / outfit section is very nice, especially for such an early build. Character part is very detailed (I mean, eyelash length? come on :lol: ) but overall it's still just what DCUO offers, a couple body sizes and that's it. Probably on later builds they add more variety. But I'm with the above voices, so far it looks promising.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Not bad at all.

• lunawisplunawisp Member UncommonPosts: 184
    I only came across Ship of Heroes a few days ago but the more I read about it the more I'm actually looking forward to seeing it released. The idea of a city inside a huge spaceship...well, why not, it's no more outlandish than being able to fly!

Latest news I've seen is that they're hitting kickstarter on 4th April. I'm seriously considering supporting this one.
    lunawisp was my peacebringer in City of Heroes. She lives on, in memory, as my gaming id