Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Double standards

13»

Comments

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,218
    Aenra said:

Remember when a couple of months back the SotA devs asked and pleaded for their players to 'upvote' SotA everywhere? Remember the outcry? A rightful outcry too, i protested myself. Even though I AM A 500$ supporter, i complained along with everyone else. Wrong is wrong, we all felt so good stating it.

You're wrong though.  Ohh you're right that did feel good.
    Seriously, your claim that everyone complained about it is ridiculous.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Ops....the OP got caught.
    My heart is broken.

httpsmediagiphycommedia12hhtzntjlo6sMgiphygif

• TulerezzerTulerezzer Member UncommonPosts: 15
    I too find it productive and satisfying to start an opinion thread by stating that anyone that disagrees with me is a mental midget, or a yucky millennial, or both.
  • Hokanu99Hokanu99 Member UncommonPosts: 12
    I like what Pantheon has to offer, the fact that the poll exists and where it is located was pointed out to me by possibly the dev thread possibly by a community member i cant remember, there was a general buzz about the fact Pantheon was on the list and threads were popping up about it by enthusiastic community members. I decided to vote on the poll because it is the MMO that I am most (well only) looking forward to in 2017 and the result indicates others agreed in large numbers. I don't see anything foul by a dev or a member of the public linking the poll to like minded people whether it be for Pantheon or any other that was in the poll.  There was no threat of members losing a Pantheon privilege or something if they didn't vote (that would definitely be unethical and reason to be angry) it was up to each individual after looking at the poll and deciding on their most wanted game from the list.  You and anyone else have the right to cry foul mate, even the people who you may feel have double standards and it's good that you and they feel comfortable to voice opinions and should continue to, I hope people are respectful who also disagree, but I personally believe as an argument about the ethics of a dev linking this poll.. it isn't one built on very strong foundations that's all.  

With regards to individuals with double standards generally well of course we should always point out to someone that they should more closely consider their actions or words, but that doesn't change at all the fact that there is nothing wrong with a Dev linking the poll unless he himself is responsible for the exact double standard you refer to.
  • HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,413
    The issue is if they were offering people benefits to upvote their product.  If they simply ASKED people to do it, than that's the individuals choice in the matter and there is ZERO wrong with that.  That's like someone asking you to post a review of a product you bought from them.  You're acting like VR was sending emails saying they'll give out free subscriptions or in game items or whatever to people who upvote them.

Stop making mountains out of molehills, it's ridiculous.  There are more important things to worry about.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,920
    Bleh old practice.we old folks here remember when eve online did it and won  the polls for game of the year.developers asked people to come here and vote.
    Pretty sure a few others have also done this since