Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your rail and my rail . They aren't same .

iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
It hit me many time ready . And some even stupid enough to say " why don't stop play that character until your friend show up"

This is annoying . Why aside from the instance (for loots) , we mostly can't do anything together ?

And when we able to do things together , we run out of things to do . aka end game .

[...] the red name turn grey
[...] the one time trash quests
and the [...] gear treadmill .

What's wrong with MMORPG ?

It isn't about MMORPG going casual , it isn't about MMORPG being easy , it isn't about P2W or F2P .

In first place , they aren't MMORPG , they are just single player game that everyone ride in difference rails . Expensive low quality single player games

Comments

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    Yeah the gameplay usually is lacking in MMOs so they should have something to make up for it. I like to group when I want so idk if forced grouping is the way to go but there should be incentive to group up besides phat loot. Quests pretty much killed random grouping since everyone is pretty much always on different quests.

IMO mission based gameplay should be brought back, where you form a group and then can all start a mission at the police station or whatever like in CoH.

No one reads quests anyways, and idk how many people listen to voiced quests so they might as well all be "go here and kill everything" missions.

Bring back CoH type grouping.
  • nerovergilnerovergil Member UncommonPosts: 680
    free to play game is good, gw2 is free to play

pay to win is different case
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited January 2017
    I'm not sure I've ever seen a MMORPG where you can do everything together with a specific friend unless you are willing to go out of your way to stay in sync.

Even in a camp grinder like DAOC you have to stay within your friends level range, or wait for them to catch up if they got a late start.

When I used to play with my son I had one character which I always kept in sync with him, in both DAOC and WOW. Then we both had alts where we went off and did our own thing.

EVE has a more open design where newer players can join older ones in some activites, but even there some things such as incursion running are restricted to characters with a year or more in skill points. 

I suppose GW2 with its downleveling offers some opportunities to group with friends of all levels, and maybe ESO as well since One Tameril (sp) went live this year.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    edited January 2017
    I used to play SWTOR and I played with my husband and the other day he accused me of being the source that stopped him from continuing with the game. I was angry and said well you can make friends and play with them why did you stop because I did.  That's not my fault and he said it was no longer any fun when I had stopped playing. I felt really bad because he really liked the game but I had gone on to other games and I hop from game to game at times and then stay for a bit then hop on. That's me the frog that jumps from game to game I get distracted easily and to be honest I cannot even recall what I stopped playing SWTOR for.

That's just it and when I mentioned the great story additions he growls at me and looks accusingly and I scamper off and pretend I did not say anything. He likes to play games with someone else. He used to play with our kids too but they do not have any patience for their old dad.

I guess it is true that having people your level to play with requires one of them to sacrifice their progress or even wish to leave to keep playing the game.

• NibsNibs Member UncommonPosts: 287
    Kyleran said:
    I'm not sure I've ever seen a MMORPG where you can do everything together with a specific friend unless you are willing to go out of your way to stay in sync.
    CoX. Not at launch, but for the sidekick system boosted/dropped players to the level of the group leader. Loved it.

Man, now I miss CoX again :(
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Nibs said:
    Kyleran said:
    CoX. Not at launch, but for the sidekick system boosted/dropped players to the level of the group leader. Loved it.

Man, now I miss CoX again :(
    EQ2 had the level down thing too. CoX was level up but EQ2 was level down.

• KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829
    me no likey you opinion.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited January 2017
    kitarad said:
    I used to play SWTOR and I played with my husband and the other day he accused me of being the source that stopped him from continuing with the game. I was angry and said well you can make friends and play with them why did you stop because I did.  That's not my fault and he said it was no longer any fun when I had stopped playing. I felt really bad because he really liked the game but I had gone on to other games and I hop from game to game at times and then stay for a bit then hop on. That's me the frog that jumps from game to game I get distracted easily and to be honest I cannot even recall what I stopped playing SWTOR for.

That's just it and when I mentioned the great story additions he growls at me and looks accusingly and I scamper off and pretend I did not say anything. He likes to play games with someone else. He used to play with our kids too but they do not have any patience for their old dad.

I guess it is true that having people your level to play with requires one of them to sacrifice their progress or even wish to leave to keep playing the game.
    I too hop from game to game and agree that playing with others, grouping, and raids require sacrifice, for the other person, people, or group.  You end up doing some things you don't want to do just to play with them.  

There are benefits.   Playing with others is often easier and being able to share gear and weapons and other drops has it's advantages.

I remember waiting hours for a group to get together.  People dropping out do to RF.  Or getting that crazy player who you swear cause the group to wipe just for kicks.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• G3NexisG3Nexis Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Most MMO's today it is hard to level up with your friends without one of you out leveling the other. My friends and I typically just get to end game as quickly as we can and thats when our group play really begins. Not saying I like this but it has not been too big of an issue