Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pillars of Eternity 2 Announced, Heading to FiG - General News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imagePillars of Eternity 2 Announced, Heading to FiG - General News

Obsidian Entertainment is going to please legions of fans with today's announcement of Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire. The game will be heading to fan-funding campaign site, FiG, that offers chances at both equity and reward opportunities. Obsidian has set a $1.1M goal, with $2.25M open for equity.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    Well at least they are striving for a decent amount of.money to make a game.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TheAmazingDwarfTheAmazingDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 234
    It's going up pretty fast...

My FFXIV ARR referral code for new EU accounts: 5JPF7ZQ3
    Step into the amazing world of Eorzea! Use this reference code on a new account and we'll both get goodies for it!

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Considering that it's on FiG, I will probably donate some money.  Like I've always said, I'll invest in your game, but I'm not giving you money to buy a second home in Tahiti.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    I am almost finished with first one so better go finish it been unfinished for about a year now.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    kitarad said:
    I am almost finished with first one so better go finish it been unfinished for about a year now.
    Hah same here.  I think I'm at the final battle but I didn't look it up in case it is or isn't.  I don't want to spoil it.  At the same time I don't know why I just don't finish the battle.   Maybe I will go flip a coin real quick to see if I go ahead and finish it up or not.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited January 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I still have a ways to go with the first one.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    I've played the game through twice now with different characters. Really brings back nostalgia from Baldur's Gate. Can't wait for Pillars II !!!
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    edited January 2017
    Why do they need crowdfunding money, now that they have had several successful products launch? Unless they are a pack of morons and bought $50 mil worth of lottery tickets, the company should have plenty in the bank...
  • ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Tyranny was a misguided mess, that's why they started on PoE 2 long before Tyranny even released. 
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003

Gorwe said:

Well, I'm not financing it.

Same here. Sounds awesome but I'll have to wait for a release to play. Besides, I told my wife to cut off all my fingers if I ever throw money at anything that remotely resembles early access again.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Tyranny was a misguided mess, that's why they started on PoE 2 long before Tyranny even released. 

Lol, is this speculation or is there some sort of supporting argument? Moving developers off one project and on to another isn't uncommon in the least. Would I rather have a live stream of half the dev team sitting around picking their asses? Meh, no, I'm good. Developers already get enough breaks when they compile. 

I can respect that Tyranny wasn't your cup of tea, but it was critically successful. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Torval said:
    I really like the idea of Fig and what they're doing. I hope they refine the crowdfunding model. It's still too rough and a hot mess in some places, or at the very least way too cowboy mode for me.

As an investment model I'm still not sold. I'll routinely back projects, but for the PoE2 investment you break even at like 400k units which is pretty crazy. Plus, you max out at 100% return. Granted, that's gonna be like 2 million or 2.5 million units or something, it was just kinda meh to me. HOWEVER!! If I had millions to throw at it, I'd probably do it. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------