Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gameplay Exclusive (Part 2 of 2) - Dark and Light Gameplay Footage

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageGameplay Exclusive (Part 2 of 2) - Dark and Light Gameplay Footage

Ripper stopped by Snail Games in Los Angeles for a first look at some exclusive Dark and Light Gameplay Footage!

Read the full story here

Comments

• velmaxvelmax Member UncommonPosts: 224
    That dragon transformation was sick! So cool.
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    reskinned Ark survival garbo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Twitch : dren_utogi
  • KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829

exile01 said:

I'm pretty sure that you don't have skills like that in ARK
  • toidimaettoidimaet Member UncommonPosts: 50
    edited January 2017

Katilla said:

exile01 said:

This is just reskinned, the UI are almost identical. The inventory UI is the same but just moved around a little. Also they seem to share common things. For example the sprinting/breathing sound is the Exact Same in both games. There are loads of other audio overlaps I picked up on as well watching this video. The Pteradon wingflap audio is the same sample bank as the dragon flying as well

Funny how Snail and SW announce Ark Park in December and suddenly we see this. It looks very little like the videos that were posted a couple of months ago.

Makes you wonder if SW devs have been helping Snail get this up and running and not actually concentrating on their own bloody delayed EA game.
  • toidimaettoidimaet Member UncommonPosts: 50

Nyctelios said:

toidimaet said:

Katilla said:

exile01 said:

This is just reskinned, the UI are almost identical. The inventory UI is the same but just moved around a little. Also they seem to share common things. For example the sprinting/breathing sound is the Exact Same in both games. There are loads of other audio overlaps I picked up on as well watching this video. The Pteradon wingflap audio is the same sample bank as the dragon flying as well

Funny how Snail and SW announce Ark Park in December and suddenly we see this. It looks very little like the videos that were posted a couple of months ago.

Makes you wonder if SW devs have been helping Snail get this up and running and not actually concentrating on their own bloody delayed EA game.

If it helps the discussion Ark is not the progenitor of its mechanics or UI. So... Yeah.

If I get the time I will rip the audio from the stream and post a like for like wavelength dump from audacity . this IS an ark mod in my subjective view (which isn't usually right).
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    edited January 2017

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Looks sweet.
  • tumyuetumyue Member UncommonPosts: 6
    meh ark survival with magic
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    edited January 2017
    I like that you need ingredients to cast spells and that makes the spells finite. Good mechanic can be tedious we will have to see. The spell system is pretty good enjoying the look so far. Playing on PvE of course. The underwater actually has stuff in it. I dislike games that have water that you cannot go in and have fun in. Loved this about GW2. The creature taming is also very cool considering you need a lot of people to even try to do that and you get a pet to fight for your guild. Lots of very cool ideas. I am liking this more and more.

• lerwenlerwen Member UncommonPosts: 34
    wow have a mount that turn you into a dragon

• bamwallabamwalla Member UncommonPosts: 221
    Magic system looks incredible. Appears to be a good balance of standard tree punching and RPG gameplay/progression.

The Berry Picking Simulator market is quickly becoming more saturated than tidy-whiteys on prom night. Hopefully one of these companies can come along with some detergent.
  • FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Havent seen anything like this game before!!!

So EPIC!!

...................................................................................../ sh i t