Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyper Universe - Nexon's Side-Scrolling MOBA Revealed - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageHyper Universe - Nexon's Side-Scrolling MOBA Revealed - MMORPG.com News

Nexon has taken the cover off of its first-ever MOBA, Hyper Universe. The game is heading to North America, Latin America, Europe, and Oceania later in 2017. Hyper Universe is a side-scrolling "action platformer" that aims to carve out a brand new niche in the genre. PAX South attendees will be able to try it out at the Nexon booth during the event.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    I'm curious why the main image? I come in thinking one thing, then look at the silly characters in the video... Like Bait and Switch.

I mean, who REALLY wants to play the Swedish Chef and Left shark????????
  • AgnharAgnhar Member UncommonPosts: 108
    It will probably be on beta for a long time and start with less than 20 heroes, that's how it is these days.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    hmmm why dont creat a fighting game :/ or a fun 2d scroller like maplestory
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    edited January 2017
    This could have been a sort of awesome battle royale game like Smash Bros... instead it's a 2D MOBA? Consider me skeptical. Also, is the heroine in the cape from City of X?
    Post edited by BillMurphy on

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    edited January 2017
    I played the Korean version, it's a pretty decent game. But the hero's are kinda copyright infringement..lol

There is Supergirl, Power Ranger, Transformer, Metal Gear, Bane, Bruce Lee and so on.
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited January 2017
    Ikeda said:
    I'm curious why the main image? I come in thinking one thing, then look at the silly characters in the video... Like Bait and Switch.

I mean, who REALLY wants to play the Swedish Chef and Left shark????????
    Swedish Chef and Left Shark might be pretty lame, but in case they aren't well-received, Nexon has nothing to fear because they're sure it'll be made up for by the three incredibly creative and original female characters in the video image there (Boobs, BOOBS!, and Moe Loli Boobs).
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    DMKano said:

This could have been a sort of awesome battle royale game like Smash Bros... instead it's a 2D MOBA? Consider me skeptical. Also, is the heroine in the cape from City of X?

Since you are going to Pax South, wait til you see the giant backdrop poster at their booth with all the cleavage and boobs bursting out. Definitely got a chuckle.
    I'm not actually. But Jason Winter will be there for us. :)

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Wait wait wait, this game has boobs, Boobs! BOOBS!, the Swedish chef and left shark, and people are complaining?  What's wrong with you people?!?
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    I don't play MOBA's but it looks like an interesting new take on a MOBA that might be cool. Mixing side scrolling platformers with MOBA gameplay is definitely a new thing. Reminds me of some of the original Nintendo games we had as kids lol.
  • MedownMedown Member UncommonPosts: 17
    How is this a "new and unique concept", the first sidescrolling moba was Awesomenauts.
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    Leiloni said:
    Mixing side scrolling platformers with MOBA gameplay is definitely a new thing.
    I don't see any platforms in the video or website screenshots, though.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Side scrolling MOBA and why not we don't seem to have enough of those.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    It looks like Awesomenauts with less depth and no charm.
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878

Warlyx said:

hmmm why dont creat a fighting game :/ or a fun 2d scroller like maplestory

To skip unnecessary grind for those who don't like it, hence it's MOBA, not MMORPG.

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Side scrolling MOBA, ROFL, that ought to be fun, not.