Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some noob questions about BDO

d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
edited January 2017 in Black Desert Online
I started a Musa, but so far I'm having more fun with my Wizard. I like the combat and wouldn't mind some more grinding but I'm still confused. I have the Red Nose boss quest, but haven't got a group together to do it yet. I may ask some guildies if I stick around.

Some questions:

1 Is it important to do that first summon a boss quest or can I just skip it?

2 What do I do after I run out of the black spirit quests? I have no idea what to do now.

3 How do I open nodes and start trading? Is "trading" what it's called? What's the life skills part of the game? Any guides? (No need to explain here, but if there is a link or a guide explaining nodes and recruiting workers, etc., you know of that would be great.)

4 Anyone have problems with Xigncode? It just shut me down in the middle of a session because of "suspicious" program. Maybe my Bitdefender?

5 Sometimes have a hard time connected, but connect eventually if I stick with it. Is this a Xigncode problem too?

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    1 Is it important to do that first summon a boss quest or can I just skip it?

It awards you more inventory space. So yes, you want to do the black spirit quests. Especially if it's going to be your main character. On alts you use for banking, failstacking, or whatever, you can skip it.

2 What do I do after I run out of the black spirit quests? I have no idea what to do now.

Whatever you want to do. Crafting. Grinding. Continue with the gazillion world quests out there. Go exploring. Hit the ocean.

3 How do I open nodes and start trading? I "trading" what it's called? What's the life skills part of the game? Any guides? (No need to explain here, but if there is a link or a guide you know of that would be great.)

Make sure that you have your quest tracker set to "Show ALL quests". That way you start getting life skill quests too, instead of all combat ones. They explain it as you go along. You can also check @ste2000 's guide that covers some of this stuff.

4 Anyone have problems with Xigncode? It just shut me down in the middle of a session because of "suspicious" program. Maybe my Bitdefender?

Can't help you there, unfortunately. Usually it's some kind of program that allows macros or the like that will trigger it. I've never had it respond to my AV programs. Or to anything at all for that matter. =/

5 Sometimes have a hard time connected, but connect eventually if I stick with it. Is this a Xigncode problem too?

I suspect it's an internet thing. Or the servers being wonky. I've rarely had that issue, except for the times everyone has it, or my ISP's being dumb.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited January 2017
    Thanks, @Azaron_Nightblade !

About Xigncode, I don't have any programs running except Bitdefender and Razer Configurator. Maybe Razer is it?

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

Thanks again!

d_20 said:

About Xigncode, I don't have any programs running except Bitdefender and Razer Configurator. Maybe Razer is it?
    I suspect it's that one then, yeah. No harm in disabling them one by one and seeing if the issue persists!

And you're most welcome! :D

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    edited January 2017
    1) You mean the Tutorial Red Nose or the Daily Red Nose quest?
    Either way they are both soloable, just use evade wisely, when you evade mobs won't hit.
    You should not be skipping Black Spirit quests, as most of them are chain quests, so you have to complete one in order to do the next (the Red Nose quest is one of them).

2) Theoretically you should not run out of Black Spirit quest unless you get stuck to a specific quest that is required to progress further.
    But if you do, go into cities and villages and do side quests, you will be overwhelmed as there are so many.
    I would skip the Tradeskill (Green Tags) quests at this stage and concentrate on the Combat and Storyline Quests (Yellow Tags).
    Other things to do in BDO apart from Mob grinding:
    - Get better gear by saving money and buying it on the Market or Upgrading it yourself
    - Do quests, there are so many you will get lost: Black Spirits, Storylines, Combat, Tradeskills, Daily. There is a quest for every taste.
    - Tame Horses
    - Get an high level Horse (T6 to T8) by breeding them or buying them from the Horse Market.
    - Build a Cart if you are interested in Horse Training or Trading
    - Build a Fishing Boat so you can fish in open seas and find better spots (though you can now get one for free with the daily Event at day 13)
    - Go Fishing, as I said in my guide one of the best way you can make money and you can do it while AFK
    - Get Better Tools and Clothes in order to be more efficient in Tradeskills
    - Gather Herbs for rare Mats and Crystals
    - Build your Crafting empire by establishing a network of nodes and organizing production
    - Do some Trading
    - Work on your Knowledge with the Amity mini-game.

3) http://dulfy.net/2016/03/01/black-desert-node-management-and-hiring-workers-basic-guide/

4) Probably, just create an Exception for BDO on your BitDefender Options, personally I never had a problem with it.
    And shut down the Razer program.

5) It proibably is, try Number 4 and turn off Razer program

d_20 said:

It could be, some Keyboard and Mouse drivers are black listed by Xign as they are capable of complex automated Macros.
    Razer could fit the bill as I know they have very sophisticated Macro Scripts embedded in their hardware.

Thank you, @ste2000 !