Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crowfall Bestiary

Count_DirkoffCount_Dirkoff Member UncommonPosts: 11
New information of Crowfall's bestiary with Wyvern and Musk Hog (aka Pig)

https://crowfall.com/en/bestiary/

Comments

• JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    @Count_Dirkoff Thanks, I almost forgot! While I'm here, couple beast pics - starting with Wyvern devoured by the Hunger over four seasons:

PS pic on the bottom isn't exactly a beast - it's a Roman Centaur.
     W...aaagh?
  • paulythebpaulytheb Member UncommonPosts: 363
    Cool !

( Note to self-Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)

An acerbic sense of humor is NOT allowed here.

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Oh i have missed this, quite cool! ;)
    Waiting to see how this goes now that the development as shifted to the MMO!
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Wyverns, and Hellcats and Musk Hogs....

On a serious note, this game just keeps looking better and better.  Can't wait for it to be ready to play, which is when they intend to release it.  That's certainly nice for a change!
    H0urg1ass said:
    Wyverns, and Hellcats and Musk Hogs....

On a serious note, this game just keeps looking better and better.  Can't wait for it to be ready to play, which is when they intend to release it.  That's certainly nice for a change!
    @H0urg1ass for a symbolic fee ($90-100) you can already play tests, thou I guess you know it (and have the "MMO phase" in mind).

W...aaagh?
    Bog Bear is added to the bestiary, and this is what he has to say (speaking of the death of Gaia - https://crowfall.com/en/bestiary/bogbear/):

"...Never again shall I return to my cave. Never again will I slumber through winter.
      For our Mother has left us, and spring will not come again."

W...aaagh?
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    I love this awesome stuff!!

Thanks!

Two more, this is a kind of dragon-snake:

...and this one is, formally, only half-beast - Duelist poster shown during the stream yesterday:

W...aaagh?
  • nursonurso Member UncommonPosts: 327
    edited January 2017
    Isn't ironic that a Guinecean in a cool-looking pose resembles more a rat than a guinea pig?
  • RelampagoRelampago Member UncommonPosts: 445
    nurso said:
    Isn't ironic that a Guinecean in a cool-looking pose resembles more a rat than a guinea pig?
    If you have ever eaten guinea pig it looks like a rat on your plate...
  • nursonurso Member UncommonPosts: 327
    Relampago said:
    If you have ever eaten guinea pig it looks like a rat on your plate...
    You should reconsider your food choices ... anyway,

that's a rat:

And that's a guinea pig:

• PalladinPalladin Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Spider goats.

AMD Phenum II x4 3.6Ghz 975 black edition
    8 gig Ram
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    edited January 2017
    Two more, this is a kind of dragon-snake:

...and this one is, formally, only half-beast - Duelist poster shown during the stream yesterday:

To add more lore to the Dragonsnake (information acquired from the latest 12 hours stream; may be inaccurate as it's from memory), it used to be one giant sort of galactic dragon of sorts, but Valkyn -- the head of the Pantheon -- got into a fight with it at the dawning of the Mortal Universe and ripped the dragon in half after a titanic battle.  But the dragon is immortal, so the two halves became the female Gold Dragon and the male Silver Dragon.  From the body of the defeated foe, Valkyn ripped a brilliant heat source and at chilling night source and made them into a Sun and a Moon for a galaxy.

He also stole the eggs of the Dragon and put them in a position so that the dragon had to bite its own tail so that the eggs wouldn't be crushed by the weight of the universe (or something), so the Dragon always has to be viewed biting itself in that ring lest its offspring will be killed -- as will the collapse of the entire universe, as the dragon is what is keeping it held up.

So the end of the universe might come if the Dragon ever decides to give up on its offspring.  They say this story may have something to do with the Hunger as well and perhaps the Dragon's want for revenge (or maybe it combats it to keep its young safe).

"Book of Creation, Chapter 2: 5 to 26

5 For He shall be known as the Oldest of the Gods, All Father of the Heavens and He Who Sang the Universe Into Being. 6 These titles and more shall be granted unto him, for He is King by right, and ye shall call him 7 Valkyn the Ancient, Creator of the All, and He Who Sits Upon The Dragon Throne.

8 The Dragon Throne is His and His alone, though it be ill-named, for surely it is more Throne than Dragon. 9 In the Time before Time, the Great Lord came upon the Wyrm Eternal, 10 and lo, did it anger him. 11 He ripped the great beast asunder, turning one into two 12and He did name them both. 13 The one he called Yaemir, King of Snakes and the other Lyessa, Queen of Wyrms.

14 And yet his work was not yet done. 15 He bent the great tail of Lyessa, twisting it unto itself til the arch of her spine formed the Heavens above 16 and thus was the Sky given substance, and form. 17 The stars appeared in the glinting on her scales and her breath became the eastern wind. 18 He stole Yaemir’s fire, and hung it in the western Sky. 19 He called this work the Sun. 20 He stole Lyessa’s unborn, placing her egg at the eastern edge of Heaven. 21 And he called this work the Moon. 22 The King of Snakes dared not move, for fear his wife would be broken.23 The Queen of Wyrms dared not move, lest the Sky collapse and her children perish.

24 His work finally ended, Valkon did sit on Yaemir’s back, making the creature His living throne. 25 And there He sat, for time immemorial 26 until the death of Gaea, and the Hunger."

Post edited by Yaevindusk on
    Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.