Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Impressions - TheHiveLeader - MapleStory Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageFirst Impressions - TheHiveLeader - MapleStory Videos - MMORPG.com

A golden oldie, MapleStory has been around for over ten years. Due to popular request, TheHiveLeader decided to finally check it out. Does it withstand the test of time? Find out now!

Read the full story here

Comments

• AlexanderVendiAlexanderVendi Member UncommonPosts: 375
    edited January 2017
    Dude.. u kind of needed to level up abit , once u reach level 35 u get the option to do meta builds , u get a whole new tree of skills which allows u to customize pretty much everything about your class. Then u go to dungeons which u will get like a new one every level and the boss fights in the dungeons are amazing let me tell u! remember your childhood link adventures ? pff dude , those are peanuts compared to what this game has to offer in terms of lategame... do yourself a favour and continue your journey! have fun! ps: on a serious note , give Art of war : Red Tides a go , game has huge potential but it needs more spotlight.
  • maxkill42maxkill42 Member UncommonPosts: 94
    He really didnt wanna play this lol
  • IshkalIshkal Member UncommonPosts: 304
    That I'm sorry your sorry hugs things was gold man hehehehe. Filterheadz how much better could that game possibly be jus saying, from what that video shows that might have been an ok in NES days. An no amount of megametasupersayian build at 35 is gonna save it. If you like it that all you mang go nutz : D

Ishkal said:

That I'm sorry your sorry hugs things was gold man hehehehe. Filterheadz how much better could that game possibly be jus saying, from what that video shows that might have been an ok in NES days. An no amount of megametasupersayian build at 35 is gonna save it. If you like it that all you mang go nutz : D

Ishkal , u have no idea how good the game gets later on man.. u remember that feeling u got the 1'st time u equipped that legendary weapon/armor on ? or that feeling when u spend 2 hours just to beat one boss in darksouls? Dude let me tell u , once u reach level 40 , u get the option to do epicjourney dungeons , which are set in a parallel univers whit procedurally generated loot , that means u can pretty much get insane legendary and epic items just by doing ONE DUNGEON RUN!
    U have no clue what u are saying man .. the game is epic.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Ishkal said:

Ishkal , u have no idea how good the game gets later on man.. u remember that feeling u got the 1'st time u equipped that legendary weapon/armor on ? or that feeling when u spend 2 hours just to beat one boss in darksouls? Dude let me tell u , once u reach level 40 , u get the option to do epicjourney dungeons , which are set in a parallel univers whit procedurally generated loot , that means u can pretty much get insane legendary and epic items just by doing ONE DUNGEON RUN!
    U have no clue what u are saying man .. the game is epic.
    Just when you thought there couldn't possibly be another 'X game gets better once you hit X level' excuse, seriously though, why would developers make games that are boring until X level? if games aren't fun to play in at least the first hour of gameplay, and not many people out there i suspect would even invest more than 30 minutes in a game that wasn't showing some promise of being entertaining,  then what expectation should players have that at some mythical level the game somehow becomes 'the best game evah'. because reality check incoming, they almost always never do. O.o  :p
  • SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    I tried maple story years ago, and my first thoughts was "How the hell do people find this crap fun?" I forced myself to play it some more and then I thought the same thing still, never touched it again to this day, I just don't see what anyone see's in it. The char designs are stupid as hell, the combat is boring not to mention it felt slow as molasses back when I tried it. I also bet its hardcore pay2win in someway as well. I may try it again for shits and giggles since I am bored, but I doubt its changed much at its core, and its core is what I found boring.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

edited January 2017

Siveria said:

I tried maple story years ago, and my first thoughts was "How the hell do people find this crap fun?" I forced myself to play it some more and then I thought the same thing still, never touched it again to this day, I just don't see what anyone see's in it. The char designs are stupid as hell, the combat is boring not to mention it felt slow as molasses back when I tried it. I also bet its hardcore pay2win in someway as well. I may try it again for shits and giggles since I am bored, but I doubt its changed much at its core, and its core is what I found boring.

P2win .. Hah! i kid you not man , i made abit over 3k$ so far by playing this game and that was in like idk 2 months or something like that.
    The demand u get for the epic legendary items u get once u start doing epicjourney dungeons is just insane ...
    My chinese contacts that provide me whit daily orders couldn't be anymore happier that this gem of a game was invented.
    Look man , i played yesterday on my level 115 Luminous for about 6 hours or so , i did almost 10 epicjourney dungeons or w/e they call them , that's just how i like to call them , they do have a different terminology and i made somwhere around 60$ just from getting 2 eternal rest 2handed legendary sword a Worldbreaker and a Longblade of Broken Dreams all 1handed caster swords.
    U just got to keep on leveling man , i tell u , the good stuff is after u get to level 80 when u can start to solo the epicjourney dungeons on uber and exalted difficulty.
    Have fun take care!
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    1 Last post almost 3 years ago so nobody cares about Maplestory here and NO it was not by popular demand.
    2 The last hurray for this game saw tons of people leave because of hacking issues and it just plain sucks for grinding money out of people.

When i look at Maplestory and see 2003 i have to seriously laugh,FFXI came out a tad earlier and there is no comparison what so ever,why anyone would play Maplestory over even other way better options is beyond me,i guess if they have a really bad pc they have no other options.

It's not the time era,2005 or even 2003,it is about being an even cheaper side scroller,so it looks like a game from 25 years ago.You will always have a less immersive experience with a side scroller so why,just why woudl anyone in 2017 want to play this,well judging by the forums...nobody.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    "FOREVER SINGLE" thats a title? lmao