Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Job #1? Dominate the Opposition & the Land - Conan Exiles Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageJob #1? Dominate the Opposition & the Land - Conan Exiles Videos - MMORPG.com

The latest in a series of developer blogs has been published on the Conan Exiles site. Called "Dominate the Exiled Lands", the article puts the word "survival" into blunt context.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AndistotleAndistotle Member UncommonPosts: 124
    this looks awsome. cant wait to play
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Sounds like the first survival game I actually want to play, now significantly increase some pvp server caps so we can truly honor the brutality of Hyboria.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Looks good. Gonna buy and play in a private server with some homies.
  • TintagilTintagil Member UncommonPosts: 214
    The Wheel of Pain returns!

I'll definitely be keeping a close eye on this one.
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Two concerns :
    -game is not mmog(small player population)
    -I cannot craft but must use thrallls to craft( developers fyi........CRAFTER'S LOVE TO CRAFT )
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737

Two concerns :

-game is not mmog(small player population)

-I cannot craft but must use thrallls to craft( developers fyi........CRAFTER'S LOVE TO CRAFT )

You call using a ui to click a button and press craft weapon then waiting 50 seconds for it to pop in your inventory.....Crafting? That's the usual for Survival. They just added another roleplay method to it as you can see your thralls do the work and it adds to the immersion.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Siug said:
    Looks good. Gonna buy and play in a private server with some homies.
    I think this is the best and likely only way to enjoy this game but sadly most people don't have enough friends to accomplish this task.
    As well a marketing video does not a story tell.How many npc's and creatures,will it end up looking like a pile of barren land with the odd quality work and the rest is just your typical wood hut/structures that players make?

What happens every single time in these games is people get excited to start building their castle/structure/hut then soon that is done the game offers so little they get bored and eventually nobody playing.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Awesome universe (conan), looks like it's "done right" for now. Hope it does well, this could be a great survival game.
  • KynmoreKynmore Member UncommonPosts: 66
    edited January 2017

DMKano said:

Job #1? Create hype so the game sells as much as possible.

Thats the real purpose of all dev blogs - marketing.

But some hold deep truths, like the Overwatch ones.

Brrrflp!