Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For the old folks. like me.

cichy1012cichy1012 Member UncommonPosts: 345
Just curious as for the over 40 crowd who talks about nostalgia, longing for pure bliss; remembering those all nighters,  fights with the wife and calling in sick for work etc. (UO and EQ).What are you playing now while waiting for whatever game it is; you are waiting for? Im in reinstall; play then uninstall phase of mmos right now.

Comments

• BBBBingoBBBBingo Member CommonPosts: 2
    @BBBBingo Я с тобой согласен

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    I tried many of the newer games...They are just too temporal for me so I went back to Anarchy Online and have been having alot of fun.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Still playing FFXi but i take breaks,you will burn out if login everyday to same game.
    Playing some Hearthstone and Duelyst as well.
    Other than that ,old console game like rpg's there are many from Fire Emblem to Chrono Trigger to my fave FF3 as well some turn based starts like Langrisser 2.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    DAOC private server with a 2002 ruleset that recently reopened.

Crap UI, slow leveling, camp grinding with friends, the way MMORPGS were meant to be played.

Having a great time, wish you were here ;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• FinvegaFinvega Member RarePosts: 260
    ESO is the most comfortable mmo for me at the moment. Lots to do with great visuals and a great environment. 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    cichy1012 said:
    Just curious as for the over 40 crowd who talks about nostalgia, longing for pure bliss; remembering those all nighters,  fights with the wife and calling in sick for work etc. (UO and EQ).What are you playing now while waiting for whatever game it is; you are waiting for? Im in reinstall; play then uninstall phase of mmos right now.
    Over 40 and old?

You better be 60+ otherwise you are nowhere near old!

Other than that I'm playing Black Desert. Playing some single player games, just started Darkest Dungeon, playing Shadows of Mordor, Witcher 3 and Skyrim as well as Morrowind.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • RytheronRytheron Member CommonPosts: 6
    Still coping with EQ2, collecting rares and accumulating plat for buying slr gear to keep up with the Jones...Play BDO during down times :)
  • GenetikCodeGenetikCode Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Kyleran said:

Crap UI, slow leveling, camp grinding with friends, the way MMORPGS were meant to be played.

Think i might have to check that out!!

But for me Its vanilla w.o.w and Elite Horizons with some Eu/American truck simulator thrown inbetween
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I'm pretty busy with work right now so I just play Black Desert Online and do AFK stuff like fishing and horse training.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• raeven63raeven63 Member UncommonPosts: 3
    I started my MMORPG's life in the 90's with the original Everquest...played many others since but probably Everquest 2 I put in the most time and effort  after the original.  I Beta tested ESO and didn't really care much for it at that point but it has come a long way so for now ESO  and waiting ...
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    If CoH was still in business I would be playing it.

That said, I am currently playing DCUO, The Division and STO.  This weekend I'll be playing Revelation Online CBT3, and I am most anticipating Bless Online right now.

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• starstorm777starstorm777 Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Aura Kingdom, Drakensang, Florensia, Tree of Savior, Twin Saga, Luna, Legend of Edda (Global)..(all Anime-style)...
    then ESO, BDO, D3, EQ2, World of Warcraft private server, Chronicles of the Gifted (Istaria)..old Horizons, FFXIV, Aion, Lineage 2, Rift, ArcheAge, ELOA, Gems of War, Guild Wars 2, Epic Cards Battle, Villagers and Heroes, Requiem, Rohan, Skyforge, Wildstar, Warhammer Online (private server), Swordsman, Blade & Soul. 
    ....am anxiously awaiting housing in ESO, and looking forward to checking out the new patch that just came out in FFXIV :) Raptr Gamercard
  • WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599
    WoW vanilla servers were scratching the itch for a while. I dabble on Uthgard DAoC. 

Hoping Pantheon or CU will bring the magic back.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Nostalgic or vanilla to me feels like I'm stuck in a rut. Don't want to play the same crap another 10 yrs so I'm riding the gaming wave waiting for mmo graphics to catch up to rpg's. Enjoying BDO, Swtor & Marvel until the ME Andromeda launch. 40's not old not even middle aged man.
  • cichy1012cichy1012 Member UncommonPosts: 345
    yea i know 40's not old but it was a good number to pick (the over 40's club) half life :)
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    SWToR is the most modern MMO that uses the trinity system. I also love Star Wars so that helps. Only MMO I am waiting for is Pantheon but there is a few crappy action combat games I will try to pass the time when they release. I find action combat bores me quickly as I find it takes less thinking and more twitch to play. So its not long before I get sick of clicking dodge every 3rd button click. So for now, always back to SWToR after breaks trying other crappy games. 
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Kyleran said:

Crap UI, slow leveling, camp grinding with friends, the way this particular MMORPG was meant to be played, in my opinion.

fixed  :)

• JemAs666JemAs666 Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Playing FFXIV, SWTOR and TSW.  I am also checking out Shards Online.  My main focus is FFXIV though getting ready for Stormblood.  I am 46
  • TENTINGTENTING Member UncommonPosts: 262
    edited January 2017
    You ask about people above 40, what you think I am doing at this age? >:)  I am running about in panic, its what we do! :( 

/proceeds panic

When I occasionally take a break from that, I play ESO and when not that I log into WoW and flirt with dwarves and tries to kidnap little gnomes dressing them up in baby outfits.

Yes you probably have to be female and 40 to understand >:) :p

• blastermasterblastermaster Member UncommonPosts: 259
    Kyleran said:

QFT!

Just joined this week too.

More excited about it than I ever thought I would be! It's 2001 all over again!

Now if I could just get my mind on what class to pick as my main.. 
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Kyleran said:

QFT!

When in doubt always go Air Theurgist :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• SetzerSetzer Member UncommonPosts: 261
    Kyleran said:

I would love to play something like this....I just don't have the free time I used to have. I get maybe a couple hours a night to play a game or watch TV/Movie and if I play an MMO I need something that's pretty casual friendly....that gives me a feeling I'm actually making progress. This is why I've pretty much stopped playing MMO's altogether since last August and have been just playing single player RPG's. If I'm playing an MMO I want to be able to do it with friends and share the experience, not play it as a single player game.

I remember spending hours and hours, sometimes days leveling from 40-50 in DAoC. Farming XP/Seals in DF when our realm had access to it. Some great memories forming friendships during that time. It's an element that is missing from current MMO's. Not the long grinding but the requirement for group play to advance through the content. Also there's a sense of discovery/exploration missing from newer MMO's. Everything is laid out for you....quest npc's, resources, objectives, bosses, etc.. MMO's have been watered down.
    Kyleran said:

Crap UI, slow leveling, camp grinding with friends, the way this particular MMORPG was meant to be played, in my opinion.

fixed  :)
    Pfffft..as if anyone else's opinion matters besides mine.  :p

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Iselin said:
    Kyleran said:

QFT!

When in doubt always go Air Theurgist :)
    Nonsense, for leveling ice is where it's at. ;)

Alas I'm a filthy Hib this time and playing a mana Ment. Dotting things to death and keeping out of range.

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332
    ESO and MOBAs
    -- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?