Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's Finally Coming in Q1 2017 - RipperX - Dark and Light Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageIt's Finally Coming in Q1 2017 - RipperX - Dark and Light Videos - MMORPG.com

Ripper talks about the upcoming Fantasy MMORPG Dark and Light with a release planned for Q1 2017. What are your thoughts on Dark and Light?

Read the full story here

Comments

• SerMedievalSerMedieval Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Please come in Q1, oh mighty Dark and Light.
  • KroyMortlachKroyMortlach Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Source on Q1 release? Is not confirmed. Speculation you rightly point out, but you say Q1 release before you give your caveat on speculation ;-)

It was originally communicated to be an MMO. It's definitely 100% not an MMO in the traditional sense. Since about September 2016 we've known this. Twitter, Facebook and website all updated to remove MMORPG.

Private servers are confirmed (Horsejoke in Discord)

We have lots more than just screenshots and a couple of videos, but you have to include the huge number of words that have been typed by Horsejoke via other sources (discord, reddit and community DnL forum).
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    I don't trust the game, we've seen nothing..
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Screenshot or it didn't happen.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    edited January 2017
    "It's Finally Coming in Q1 2017"

Reality check: No, it's not.

At least not what i would call a worthwhile release.

And i don't care for these "forever alpha" titles that managed to lure a handful of hyper optimistic folks into an unplayable early access version after they bought into the screenshot hype.

If anything, q1 will be the time the first topics will start to pop up on these forums, suggesting to "stay away from this game!! it needs at least one more year!!" and "i wasted my money on this!"

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited January 2017
    Well on Steam it is coming Q1 2017 as yep as some guessed...Early Access.

This means everything has been hyped advertising to get you to give them some money.

I believe i said it earlier a few weeks ago that is seemed like they had no money and were going to rush this out to get money.
    People please quit giving money to these scammers,if you are asking for money ,it is a SALE it is not EA,we don't pay you money to test your game for you.Simply using the term EA to cover up an unfinished buggy product is not right,if it is not fit for sale then don't sell it to us,make it FREE until it is ready to sell.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    This is a what 10 year old game or so,already been RELEASED,so how 10 years later has it not been shored up and now is not an official release?
    All the game needed 10 years ago was some bug fixes,so are we being told now that this entire time Snail has been advertising this game to us,they have not fixed the bugs it had 10 years ago?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Day 1,

Can not wait to see Age Of Wushu 2.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    This is definitely a game I won't touch until I've seen an hour or two of streamed game play from the Early Access version. Not streamed by Snail devs, just ordinary players.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Maybe it will be worth playing? At this point for a game releasing soon. We know way to little. IMO they are hiding something. If they weren't, by now we would have tones of info. Or what is releasing Q1 is not a finished product.
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

They had the same approach with the original back in 2006 and it failed badly. I do not trust them until I see it fully released and working correctly.
    I suggest No One Pre-Order or get Founders packs, you may be disappointed......or not.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    I'm predicting it will be the screen shot generator MMO of 2017, as BDO was of '16.

• KroyMortlachKroyMortlach Member UncommonPosts: 11
    RE. Q1 release info on STEAM... Closest you'll find is “We expect Early Access to last approximately one year, with the full version launching around Q4 2017.” Which does not say that it's a Q1 release. It says that "expect" "approximately" "around" a Q4 2017 release. Working backwards from that number of caveats gets you exactly where you think it does... i.e. EA soon™. that's not Q1 confirmed.

Also, no one has asked for any money, yet. No one has paid any money, yet. Snail are also China's third largest game's producer. No denying they want money, why set up a business if not, but comments make it sound like it's some indi company getting pushed by publishers to deliver. Snail is publisher. They employ 3000+ people worldwide. They have their own telecoms company... this isn't some fly-by-night operation, despite what the haters have you believe.

"This is a what 10 year old game or so,already been RELEASED,so how 10 years later has it not been shored up and now is not an official release?"

It has so little resemblance to the original game, it's not even funny any more. It's a completely new engine (UE4) it's a completely new direction for game style (Survival Multiplayer) and it's new lore. This isn't just some tweaking of an engine created in 2003..... it's not an MMO anymore.

"All the game needed 10 years ago was some bug fixes" LOL. Cmon. Anyone playing that original game in 2004 onwards knows that this is not true. The game was devoid of many of the features. It was a mess. I still look back with fond memories of my time in Ganareth as a Settler, but still...

As for this continued tirade against the lack of information... DnL (horsejoke) and Valve (GabeN) have said the same thing

"Because our decision making is way more conditional than most other companies. The one thing we won't do is waste our customers time and money, which means we will cancel or change stuff much later in development. Tracking our choices would be annoying and frustrating."

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Gaben/comments/5olhj4/hi_im_gabe_newell_ama/dck936s/

If you want to lay in to SNAIL and Dark and Light, feel free to do so, no skin off my nose, but at least get some facts straight before you try.
  • Moguy3Moguy3 Member UncommonPosts: 70
    It will show up just when we have a female president.
  • hithere236hithere236 Member UncommonPosts: 10
    60-80 players a server seems a bit to low. Maybe 100-500? It wouldnt be fair that someone cant log onto their home server bc its full/ there friends cant either
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Q1 2017 is around the corner and all I see are some screen shots.

Right ...

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    edited January 2017

Avanah said:

They had the same approach with the original back in 2006 and it failed badly. I do not trust them until I see it fully released and working correctly.

I suggest No One Pre-Order or get Founders packs, you may be disappointed......or not.

Its not the same devs or company, where have you been for the last six months.

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    edited January 2017

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    edited January 2017
    info from massively: "full version launching around Q4 2017"