Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

POLL: Are you going to buy the Nintendo Switch?

Comments

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Dragnelus said:
    Have you not seen the trailer for Breath of the Wild?

When I see that trailer and other Zelda gameplay vids all I can think is that it would be great if Nintendo just stuck to developing games instead of rolling out shitty underspecced (and now expensive) consoles.

Imagine how good that would look on a ps4/xbox or pc. Or how much better it would feel to play with a decent controller like the dualshock. Or being able to have more than one good game saved to disk ...

If they didn't have the new Zelda as a launch title, Nintendo would be complete toast imo.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Dragnelus said:
    Have you not seen the trailer for Breath of the Wild?

That does look awesome. 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Actually looks awful,the lighting is terrible and makes everything look foggy,not clean and clear.
    This game will go down as the prime example to why graphics do matter.This game would likely be a 8-9/10 if the graphics were of quality,instead it will be an eye sore drab looking 6/10.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 674
    I might pick it up, but not sure. Depends on price and such. But I do miss mario kart since N64.
  • arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    edited January 2017
    Yes, but not on the first day, waiting for games that i love to be release, eg animal crossing, fire emblem RPG, MH stories or pokemon

By the way, how did you guys post that " yes"  " no" on your post?

RIP Orc Choppa

• SalmonManSalmonMan Member UncommonPosts: 192
    I was, after the initial announcement. I was incredibly jazzed in fact.

Then that press event happened. *insert deflating balloon sound* It was so underwhelmng. A great handheld, yet the 3DS isnt being replaced, combined with an expensive / subpar console. The value proposition is appalling. God dammit Nintendo. You had one fracking job.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    No for me, there just isn't a reason to buy one, as a console it is underpowered, and as a handheld device, its not something i am particularly interested in, i don't know exactly what demographic the device is aimed at, just that i am not in it, i don't even see the point in the thing, having said that, i do have a Wii, a PS4 and a high end gaming PC, honestly i have no idea what the point of the Switch is, it just seems too much of a gimmick and not enough functionality to make it a useful device, from what i have seen so far its going to be going head to head with smartphones,  i don't think it has a chance against them O.o .
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I suspect this poll would be very different if the original $199 rumors had been correct.

I know, it's only $100 more, but that extra bit forces a comparison with the PS4 and XB1 which wouldn't be the case if it was at a lower price point by itself.

Yeah some people will buy all 3 systems but, believe it or not, there are still people out there that choose just one. For those folks, the Switch pales in comparison to the other 2.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Already have cell, tablet, and pc (and laptop) to play games on, now why should I buy this again?  I've been really looking at the previews and it looks like a no go so far.  High price, limited games, packed market.   Nice design though.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    Yes.

I have a young child and I must admit that I am looking forward to playing mario kart and zelda myself . Should be a good family entertainment console. The portability is a plus for me as well.
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    It's about $50 too expensive, the controllers are an ergonomic hot mess, the game selection is meh, I don't need to carry a screen around with me when I have a couple of nice tablets in the house already, and for fucks sake, I don't need to game everywhere.  Neither do my kids.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    Another platform to buy to play a limited amount of games on at this price... nope.
  • CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507
    Not right away. I didn't buy the WiiU till Splatoon got released. It will probably end up being the same. They will release a game I want to play only for the Switch and I will cave.
  • sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766
    edited January 2017
    No, I haven't bought a nintendo system since the Super NES

gotta keep the streak alive!

oh and the Switch, like nintendo's other past consoles, holds no interest for me.
  • starstorm777starstorm777 Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Yes I will, when I save up enough....BUT.... aren't they scurrrrrrrred it's gonna sell out and there won't be enough to go around?!!! Then what?....would it happen?
    Raptr Gamercard
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Nah, but I never buy consoles anymore, so it's no surprise.

It does strike me as weird that the main feature is going for portable gaming, when everyone is now carrying around powerful portable gaming systems (their phones).

I'm sure I would've loved it as a kid, though, and I bet it will do great in that market.  The prospect of finishing a game you started past your bedtime in your bed is pretty sweet for a kid I bet.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited January 2017
    Strange move to negate the advantages of having a high resolution touch screen display covered by the dock.  Missed the opportunity for a dual display. Yea you could play without the dock but it's still strange.  
    Image result for nintendo switch console base

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Back in the day not many had internet or PC's so a Nintendo machine was pretty much the best option out there.You are at least imo way better off buying a PC game.
    Now a days there is imo no reason to buy a Switch what so ever,unless of course you  think a Zelda machine holds any value,i made that mistake with Skyrim and kicked myself in the ass for a long time.

What makes this purchase insane is the ADDED costs that will incur buying this what is essentially a Nintendo DS upgraded lol.I could see people spending around 400-600 because it comes with NOTHING.

Also since Nintendo knows this gimmick will sell they have added costs for online gaming which will be a norm.So right out of the gate between SD upgrades,chargers,docks,paddles a couple games,50 or so internet charge,Nintendo sees an instant 500+ coming out of this because everyone will buy the Nintendo Mario/Zelda.

All they did was turn a hand controller into a console lmao,500-600 for a hand controller.They claim you can take it with you,well yeah i can do that already with a controller or cell phones,tablets.They could have simply  added the Mario and Zelda and any other game to the Wii,this is imo a total waste of money.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Prod1702Prod1702 Member UncommonPosts: 78
    I already pre ordered it. Mainly because I want to support Nintendo and I really want something that I can use on the go and great games. I love Super Mario, Mario Kart, and Zelda games enough that I will blow money on it. 
  • maz2usmaz2us Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Yes, I will buy the Switch but Nintendo please don't screw me like you did with the Wii U
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,703
    Can't see myself ever buying it. I just don't care for mobile gaming. In the standard life of an Englishman, gaming on the go is not needed. PC and consoles cover my main gaming needs and for the rare occasions when I'm away from home and have absolutely nothing to do, my phone covers my needs. 

Now, if I commuted on the train every day, I might consider it, but even then I think I'd rather read a book. I did actually have a 3DS (came with a phone contract) but I only ever got Zelda for it. Even with that, I rarely touched it as mobile gaming is too uncomfortable. 

Finally, I already have a Wii U which means I will be able to play the new Zelda anyway. The Wii U doesn't seem to be much slower than the switch either so I should still be able to get a great gaming experience. 
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    Voted yes for lolz.
  • AmgnameAmgname Member UncommonPosts: 7
    @MikeB  Voted No , nothing new nintendo brings with its new switch , not impressed at all 
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    Yeah just for Zelda and Mario. Been waiting for another 3D mario world since sunshine and I have a Nephew these days so I can use that as an added excuse.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    I'm an adult now so no Nintendo-exclusive game interests me. The Super Nintendo was the first and last one I owned during my teen years. I then went Sega from the Genesis to the Saturn with the upgrade thing (forgot what it was called, big waste of money though). PS1 after that. PC from 2000 onward, although I did buy a 360 then a PS4 for when my PC inevitably goes tits up every few years!

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file