Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Funding/Acquisition of PFO

124»

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited January 2017
    Simply time to give it up,their team did not have any good catchy ideas to lure people in.
    You can't put very little time and effort into "preparing" to build a massive multiplayer game.You can't see some intriguing IP and just say "hey ,let's build a game".
    There lies the problem,the women who owns the IP,asked hired someone to build the game,you need to be more in less in contact with those  people and FULLY understand what a mmorpg needs to be like and what you can do to improve it.

To me PO just looks like a generated world with some assets dotted around.I can tell you lots of ideas that are catchy but it is too late  for the game now,need a better person with the money bags and better developers to build it.Perhaps even do like Gungho ent does,they hired Tanaka as a more or less consultant,someone to oversee the design of games,someone you trust has a real smart brain on their shoulders.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

I should add that THIS SITE did not help them one bit.Instead of having knowledgeable people and telling a developer the truth,they get them on with interviews and take their money to help promote the game.This site is like a leech,taking money but never really helping any of these developers improve their products.
    If you are passionate about gaming in general you should have LOT'S of opinions on various game genres,you SHOULD be able to tell someone straight in the face,.."your game will not work,it will not sell".

Then you offer an easy suggestion,we can have a live session whereby people ask questions and tell you the criticisms they have.If you can't handle the criticism,then you either should not be in the game design business or you have no intention of listening to anyone and/or you likely do not have the finances to build a gmae peopel want,only what you can afford to deliver using a known IP to hopefully sell it.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    edited January 2017
    Wizardry said:
    I should add that THIS SITE did not help them one bit.Instead of having knowledgeable people and telling a developer the truth,they get them on with interviews and take their money to help promote the game.This site is like a leech,taking money but never really helping any of these developers improve their products.
    If you are passionate about gaming in general you should have LOT'S of opinions on various game genres,you SHOULD be able to tell someone straight in the face,.."your game will not work,it will not sell".

Then you offer an easy suggestion,we can have a live session whereby people ask questions and tell you the criticisms they have.If you can't handle the criticism,then you either should not be in the game design business or you have no intention of listening to anyone and/or you likely do not have the finances to build a gmae peopel want,only what you can afford to deliver using a known IP to hopefully sell it.

That's a bit unfair. MMORPG.com actually gave them a very scathing review at some point, and called them on Dancey's BS of the game practically being a complete MMO, and thus justifying the monthly fee. So they reviewed it as if it was a fully released MMO. Which then had the man complaining about the injustice, and how the game should get more credit for being a "Crowdforging title" or such nonsense.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Please, someone buy this corpse, it's beginning to stink!  Seriously, though, I tried this game late on with a free pass.  There was barely anything to test.  One of the most uninspired attempts I have seen.  The only hope would be to scratch everything and start fresh.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    Please, someone buy this corpse, it's beginning to stink!  Seriously, though, I tried this game late on with a free pass.  There was barely anything to test.  One of the most uninspired attempts I have seen.  The only hope would be to scratch everything and start fresh.
    This corpse needs to be buried. Period.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    I was pretty sure this "game" died 2 years ago Oo
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    That which is dead can never die

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• VlarpVlarp Member CommonPosts: 7
    edited April 2017
    Well Bluddwolf January came and went and then February and then March.

Had nothing to do with Kickstarter.

This is a vanity project for Lisa Stevens to play "my first MMO" on the dime of any sucker willing to pony up a monthly sub.  The greed and grandiose visions of EVE never came to .  Each miserable scheming dog in this video game food chain that put in hundreds of dollars and thousands of hours still hang onto the desperate hope that someday their virtual timesinks will find a return value.
    Certain gimmicks give a low chance game the ability to have a chance but in most cases it  is a money sink waiting to die.
    In this case it does have the Pathfinder name but to be honest, i do not consider it a big enough name to sell on name alone.
    This game needed to be really good and look really good,anything else would be a game i would not bet one dime on succeeding.
    I don't know how much money she has but if she is really serious on making some kind of mmorpg,then get a real solid developer,hire Epic games or Square Enix,or see if you can sign a partner deal with Sony and use the Naughty dog team,then your game has a chance.
    My gut feeling is that she was coerced into making the game,somebody told her that her brand was bigger and more popular than it really is.

You might have heard me mention a few or hundred times that the media is the WORST people to get a feel for your game because all they want is your advertising dollars,they will lead you directly to the poor house.

• genaknoscgenaknosc Member UncommonPosts: 112

Wizardry said:

That's a bit unfair. MMORPG.com actually gave them a very scathing review at some point, and called them on Dancey's BS of the game practically being a complete MMO, and thus justifying the monthly fee. So they reviewed it as if it was a fully released MMO. Which then had the man complaining about the injustice, and how the game should get more credit for being a "Crowdforging title" or such nonsense.

MMMORPG.com only did that after it was obvious the project was toast and their website wouldn't lose out on ad revenue by piling on and trashing the project.

If you want objective coverage of a game in development, this is not the place to get it. You come here to trash talk and make fun of people, that's about it.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Subbed for a month just for the fun of it. After 5 days I uninstalled, what a mess.

The worst part is there is some good stuff buried underneath it all. But it will need a decent size team to work on it and some serious cash investment, neither of which will happen. It will die, slowly and agonizing and it could have been awesome just with some kind of Kingdoms of Amalur style graphics and an engine/combat that actually worked. 

I came in for shit and giggles and was pretty disappointed. If I had any love for the Pathfinder IP or was a backer through Crowdfunding I would be seriously upset.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer