Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free CR 100 For all Players

The user and all related content has been deleted.
Twitch : dren_utogi

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    This is probably one of the best things I've seen any mmo do in a long time.
    Err... really? And the FreeForm slot giveaway in CO, twice, during last year? :lol: (just for sticking to the superhero sub-genre)

Don't get me wrong, it really is a nice gift. I usually talk against "jump ahead" methods in games, because the Journey is what matters, etc. but in this case it's different. In DCUO the leveling part is short (though fun), and what you "spare" with this boost is the tedious and boring grind after the cap.

Now that the winter events are mostly over (LotRO's is still on for 3 more days) I dusted off my DBG acc and jumped back for enjoying the open episodes month, without knowing about this additional gift. It was a nice surprise, I bumped one of my lowbie characters to CR 100... :wink:
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    gha... not sure i can be arsed to actually download the client and figure out my login credentials... Kinda gave up on this game. 

This have been a good conversation

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I love coming back when they have something special so I can catch up on how they're doing.  Thanks!

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    edited January 2017
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    edited January 2017
    edited January 2017
    There are plenty of new ice stuff since then, even the hair - which is odd, in theory a simple hair dryer can make you bald :lol:
    ... it also show Daybreak realizes that how they are doing CR and content releases isn't quite working .....
    Pretty much that was my point as well, it is a nice offer, because of their f2p model was kinda lame even at the switch, but since then at least two things happened: -f2p games (and models) flooded the market, most of them better and more "friendly" than theirs, and
    -they've released a lot of episodes, and their model not followed it at all.
    So, currently the gap between the sub and no sub is more like a chasm, with the latter being just a restricted trial. That's why was the line of "one of the best things I've seen any mmo do in a long time" a bit odd :wink: 

edit: also, that is why lots of LotRO players are concerned now, that sub changes are in the plans, after the DBG takeover... LotRO's model is old, but still miles better than DBG's model.
    The CR 100 offer will end tomorrow, in case someone missed it so far.
    A question about it, since I haven't dabbled with DBG lately, and don't know how they handle such giveaways: is it tied to the launcher and not the account?

Here's the thing, as I wrote above I've bumped a hero to CR 100, then played him lately (I even missed CO's Malvan Sky Race event because of DCUO :wink: ), and now that the offer is near over, I was thinking: I also have a mule account, with only lowbie characters, I use the CR 100 on one of them too. It's an account covered in dust, last time I used it when SOE took back Eu players from P7S1, so now I even had to accept ToS and all that crap. Then I got onto the character select screen, and turned out I can't use CR 100 because I already used it... Clearly did not, since none of the characters are level 30 (and the CR 100 automatically bump the level to 30).

So, is the offer tied to the client / pc / IP address? Tomorrow I will have some free time, I will try it on a brand new free account, and also through VPN, but it really bugs me. Never saw anything similar even... :wink: